Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Man they gave up on him sooner than the Jets did with Zach Wilson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Pickett sucks rear end. Either team should be able to get a better backup

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Silly Burrito posted:

They were smart.

Kenny Pickett loving suuuucks.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Pickett sucks rear end. Either team should be able to get a better backup

This

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
when pickett signs, they should hand him a novelty huge pencil, as a bit

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

lol Pickett is a pissbaby.

https://twitter.com/gerrydulac/status/1768714477489279072?s=46

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

SKULL.GIF posted:

Dunno but it seems like Wilson getting hurt/retiring was a way higher likelihood than for Hurts.

Sure but mentally it must be tough for a young guy to get drafted in the first, become the starter, get injured a few times, watch QB3 out-perform them during a late surge to make the playoffs, and then see the team sign a vet who is obv bumping him down to QB2.

So sticking around made no sense for him, in terms of keeping the flickering flame of future-QB1 hopes alive.

Would he have had any say in his destination?I'm assuming Pitt just took the best offer available, unless Kenny somehow has leverage to force a move in-state?

Either way, he was a reach in a weak draft for QBs, but seems like an okay guy (i.e. I don't know of any public heinous poo poo), so I hope he succeeds elsewhere.

Watching Russell will be interesting. Better in 2023 than 2022 with obvious flaws, so he's not going to suddenly become a top-10 QB again, but in terms of value on the dollar there was nobody out there for Pittsburgh. If he can gel with Arthur's playcalling then maybe he'll be comfortably middle of the pack tier?

Oh, I remember that thing about being declared healthy but designated emergency instead of QB2, but thought it had come out that the rumor re: refusing to dress was incorrect speculation.

Eh, either way, what's done is done.

kalensc fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Mar 15, 2024

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

https://x.com/albertbreer/status/1768716102056489264

lmaoooooo

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

If the Eagles want to add more cursed vibes to their locker room I am personally all for it

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Silly Burrito posted:

He sucks. The jets should've given up on Zach Wilson earlier too.

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.
I do feel for Pickett cause he had two seasons of Matt Canada, which seemed to put him backwards in development. He had one game without him as OC and looked decent to good, then immediately got injured and they ran with Rudolph since they thought maybe it was a hot hand. Still lol at him being a pissbaby about it.

Beached Whale
Jun 27, 2009

The world as will and idea

Pickett can't cook

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Eagles backup was one of the last plausible roles for Fields, wasn't it? Man if he winds up as Bears QB2 after all the noise about trading him for a high pick that'll be pretty drat funny

Also I'm unsure what the Eagles saw in Pickett that made them want him as even a backup

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Not the worst thing to happen to a Pickett not listening to orders in Pennsylvania

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Soul Glo posted:

when pickett signs, they should hand him a novelty huge pencil, as a bit
He wont be able to hold it.

Silly Burrito posted:

I think Zach Wilson has better stats / is a better QB.

Please note that I am not saying Zach Wilson is, by any means or definition, a good QB. Simply better than Pickett.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I normally think the Eagles are pretty smart but trading for Kenny Pickett isn't one of those smart things.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

mcmagic posted:

I normally think the Eagles are pretty smart but trading for Kenny Pickett isn't one of those smart things.

That illusion was shattered when they hired Matt Patricia

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Bellmaker posted:

Howie does the trades; Pissbaby Sirianni hired Patricia.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

13 TDs to 13 INTs over 2 seasons of starts is historically bad. I'm flabbergasted the Steelers gave up on him while still on his rookie deal, but hey, I'm for it

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The Eagles beat writers are framing this as having a backup QB under control for 2 years at like 2m a year which is better than the 7m backups are getting.

Which, okay sure, whatever. Draft some loser in the 6th round who's better than Pickett.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Bellmaker posted:

They also intentionally signed DeVante Parker for some reason

Harlock posted:

The Eagles beat writers are framing this as having a backup QB under control for 2 years at like 2m a year which is better than the 7m backups are getting.

Which, okay sure, whatever. Draft some loser in the 6th round who's better than Pickett.

You'd think the Eagles of all teams would understand the value of having a functional backup QB

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/DangeRussWilson/status/1768724603566764347

lmaoooo

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Has there been a less Steelers player?

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Steelers Nation, let’s ride

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Steelers Nation, [strike]let’s ride[/strike] forge

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1768728568308134143?t=jSB4ePwz7iPmR1L-zM928w&s=19

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1768727928299212983?t=srWhKHW7Xq7Aa9yRsWJL6A&s=19

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

"What up Pittsburgh! I'm here to steel your heart!"

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
So the Bucs and Giants basically swap backup guards.

https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1768724736719134882?t=0cLKsbBeSg31Sek87ZUEMA&s=19

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
What's the big sandwich chain around Pittsburgh?

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

What's the big sandwich chain around Pittsburgh?

Primanti Bros, basically huge sandwiches with fries piled on top

Steelers Country, Let's Fry!

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

overjoyed that i never have to watch this loving clown play ever again

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Black Sunshine posted:

Primanti Bros, basically huge sandwiches with fries piled on top

Steelers Country, Let's Fry!

My favorite cringe catchphrase so far has been Steelers Country, Let's Weld. Not because it is good, but because it's exactly the kind of dumbass focus group-rear end thing Russ would say

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
It seems like the catchphrase would be "Steeler Nation, Here We Go" or something like that to try and co-opt the chant they do but maybe that's a bit too on-the-nose even for Russ.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Steelers nation, let's russ

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Docjowles posted:

My favorite cringe catchphrase so far has been Steelers Country, Let's Weld. Not because it is good, but because it's exactly the kind of dumbass focus group-rear end thing Russ would say

Oh for sure, he probably has zero concept of what a weld even is but it doesn't matter because he'll say what that focus group suggests no matter what.

The most boring motherfucker since Patriots era Brady.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Not gonna shed any tears over cutting Dillard.

Gonna shed tears laughing that the only FA moves the Cowboys made so far was cutting two decent players.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Harlock posted:

Insane that he asked his barber for the Roethlisberger

That where the barber corners you in the bathroom and smells your hair?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Sheesh - may be the biggest bust in Steelers history.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
It says a lot when the best QB of the draft class is Mr. Irrelevant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Kenny Pickett allegedly waved goodbye to the Steelers headquarters, but nobody saw it because his hands are so fuckin’ tiny.