Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Watching the NFCE thread tearing itself apart over the importance of 40 times is funny as hell, highly recommend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Job hunting sucks

Do any you need a chemist

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

The Glumslinger posted:

On the topic of house stuff, I had a big HVAC week. Put in a heat pump to replace the old gas furnace and AC unit.

It's amazing, we have airflow everywhere, the downstairs actually heats up, and the upstairs doesn't boil in the process. Gonna have to see how it does as an AC replacement in the summer, but considering both me and my gf work from home, we're suddenly so much more comfortable
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CasGB8GahZw

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Just finished watching Wonka and I got admit… it's pretty charming. Then again, Paul King directed this and at this point I trust him to make a solid family film.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Android Apocalypse posted:

Just finished watching Wonka and I got admit… it's pretty charming. Then again, Paul King directed this and at this point I trust him to make a solid family film.

I really enjoyed it the other week when I was having a bit of a down day. It's quite a sweet movie.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Wonka is great. My wife saw it 3 times in the theater. We went last weekend and it really is just a gorgeous, low stakes drama and Chalamet is talented as all hell.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

LeeMajors posted:

That’s a good idea. Didn’t even know this existed. Thanks!

Yeah, the most modern Madden is the same as the last 6 or so but with some QoL improvements and it's basically free after the season ends and it makes sense just to buy the appropriate Game Pass for a month every time you feel like trying an EA or MS first party game.

If you have any interest in PC gaming, the Xbox Ultimate Game Pass for PC (or whatever they call it) includes Xbox Live/regular Game Pass on the console, so if you buy Xbox Live cards (~$55) and input them first you can then upgrade all of your paid time to the pricier tier by dropping a 1-month Ultimate card on top of your already input Live time.

But all that is moot, you should be playing this like I will be until mid-June or whenever the new game is coming out. Gonna turn this Iowa Hawkeye offense around!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
When you are definitely, definitely alive and not either dead in the ground or locked in a dungeon.

https://x.com/bergeambe/status/1768395724155158687?s=20

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I have never really wanted a tattoo, but sometimes you see a piece of art that just speaks to you...

https://twitter.com/heyitschili/status/1768409623575285946?t=U0fd1X7jKBmv7TuW_ztPxg&s=19

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Ether Frenzy posted:

But all that is moot, you should be playing this like I will be until mid-June or whenever the new game is coming out. Gonna turn this Iowa Hawkeye offense around!

That is 100% why I’m doing it. I just want to play some football again and i can’t wait for NCAA.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
My NCAA ‘08 dynasty made it to 2025, I have one more year before buying another NCAA game.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Abugadu posted:

My NCAA ‘08 dynasty made it to 2025, I have one more year before buying another NCAA game.

If I had a working console, I could probably find some dynasties that stretched to 2030 or something. I'd do like 4-5 seasons as Iowa State, then bounce to another school for 4-5 seasons, then another.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

swickles posted:

I have never really wanted a tattoo, but sometimes you see a piece of art that just speaks to you...

https://twitter.com/heyitschili/status/1768409623575285946?t=U0fd1X7jKBmv7TuW_ztPxg&s=19

Hell yeah

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I remember not liking NCAA 14; gameplay was kind of buggier than other years and I didn't care for the changes they made to the recruiting economy.

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy

General Dog posted:

I remember not liking NCAA 14; gameplay was kind of buggier than other years and I didn't care for the changes they made to the recruiting economy.

That to me is the funniest part of it all. Everyone I knew that bought it hated it for the things you mentioned but little did we know that was going to be the only one for a decade

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

General Dog posted:

They made recruiting significantly easier and less fun. It was just "get gems avoid busts" not " scout and recruit based on program strengths"

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Here I go shoveling again

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

General Dog posted:

I never got 14 but 13 was good. I usually alternated years of purchasing the game. Wish I’d kept my ps3 *sigh*

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/RightWingCope/status/1768647788894519316

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

As if there aren't 800,000 of those sites

Greg Abbott forgot one truth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB8N0MdaALQ&t=1524s

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

It is kinda weird to me how credulous a bunch of people I otherwise respect are being in regards to the Tik Tok thing

They’re like “we would never just allow propaganda to spread unchecked! We have to do something!” meanwhile I’m looking at giant billboards for the Epoch Times and Shen Yun all over town, Tucker Carlson is blowing Putin on camera, Twitter/Facebook/Instagram all still exist…

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Freaquency posted:

It is kinda weird to me how credulous a bunch of people I otherwise respect are being in regards to the Tik Tok thing

They’re like “we would never just allow propaganda to spread unchecked! We have to do something!” meanwhile I’m looking at giant billboards for the Epoch Times and Shen Yun all over town, Tucker Carlson is blowing Putin on camera, Twitter/Facebook/Instagram all still exist…

There is also the whole "nobody is banning anything" crowd who are basically the same people who say there aren't book bans.in Florida because you can still buy them.

Anyways, have a reason why TikTok should exist:

https://twitter.com/CharoShane/status/1768655031740293251?t=fB5fbaHs8NWndqeWQMZwcw&s=19

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I forget who it was that said he was going to study propaganda in America, and someone asked him "what propaganda?" And he said "exactly" because so much of what we consume is subversive.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Everyone knows that the only thing that is not propaganda is the random person on twitter who tells you exactly what you want to hear.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

https://youtu.be/c_o8vYUU-jo?si=51KML5My0bsLRYYz

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Pain of Mind posted:

Everyone knows that the only thing that is not propaganda is the random person on twitter who tells you exactly what you want to hear.

It's only indoctrination if I personally disagree with it.

Freaquency posted:

Throw in a provision to ban Teemu and you've got my vote brandon

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

thoughts are propaganda

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I got the new Prince of Persia game on sale and it rules

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

C-Euro posted:

Throw in a provision to ban Teemu and you've got my vote brandon

Just outlaw dropshipping altogether

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I finally got back into Disco Elysium after I stepped away for a bit. Leaned in hard and made a lot more progress. This game is so loving rich, man. It’s fantastic.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

New fridge arrived today and I'm in love with it. Got a deal on this one through work.

Such an upgrade from my much smaller, freezer-on-top fridge. And I have more room for dry-aging now :hellyeah:

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I still haven't picked Disco Elysium back up since I hosed up trying to persuade/intimidate the group in the hotel bar with a 3 roll when a 4 or above would have succeeded. I spent like 12 in-game hours failing to find anything to advance the main story or any side quests even after revisiting every NPC and pixel hunting and lost all gumption to play again.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Propaghandi. Good band.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
If they ban Tik Tok then congress needs to bring back Vine.

Banning Tik Tok is just the most galaxy vortex brain poo poo. How many state secrets can China steal watching poo poo like that "who the gently caress did I marry" lady, even dumber booktok drama, and weird scammers?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Oh so thats why Pelosi and Crenshaw and all those other pieces of poo poo bought up meta stock in the last few months to the tune of hundreds of thousands of dollars.

I have a minor ucl sprain and typing with a strapped thumb is harder than i thought. Hunt and peck is back baby.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I think I still had a Blackberry when I kid at work broke my finger when he accidentally slammed a stapler shut on it. Honestly tho, sometimes I do miss having a hard touch keyboard and that thing was brick.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

BlindSite posted:

Oh so thats why Pelosi and Crenshaw and all those other pieces of poo poo bought up meta stock in the last few months to the tune of hundreds of thousands of dollars.

That and they all have insider information anyway. Tuberville is terrible about this too. Well lots of them are.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
biden being the face of banning tik tok during an election year is sure to work out for him

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Manoueverable posted:

I still haven't picked Disco Elysium back up since I hosed up trying to persuade/intimidate the group in the hotel bar with a 3 roll when a 4 or above would have succeeded. I spent like 12 in-game hours failing to find anything to advance the main story or any side quests even after revisiting every NPC and pixel hunting and lost all gumption to play again.

I actually almost had to start over but I huffed Pyrholidon, added an extra to authority then managed to intimidate them. They weren’t impressed with my desperation suicide threats after the first couple fails.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Manoueverable posted:

It's why most rpgs/puzzle games should be played with a FAQ. As soon as you're stuck there's nothing fun about figuring out the way forward by brute force. This isn't the 90s where we could only afford a few games a year and even then people used game guides all the time.

I almost quit when I realized I had locked myself out of an explainer on the pale and had to go watch a YouTube of it. But at least I looked up why I couldn't get dialogue to advance instead of bashing my head against a wall