Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

the best thing Matt Rhule did was not drafting Kenny Pickett.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I distinctly remember the Texans getting absolutely dunked on by letting the Eagles slide infront of them to draft Dillard. They ended up "settling" for Tytus Howard.

Dillard may very well be out of the NFL and Howard is one of the best RT's in football. I think the Texans got that one right!

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1768745648407368048?s=46

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
lol Bucs GM out here breaking news.

https://twitter.com/jasonrlicht/status/1768738244269691332?t=28DpoTtIKJu01XQqB_OXlQ&s=19

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
I wonder if the Steelers will offer up something for Fields to sit behind Russ for a year.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

FizFashizzle posted:

the best thing Matt Rhule did was not drafting Kenny Pickett.

On the other hand, you probably wouldn't have drafted noted miniature human Bryce Young #1 overall and set back your franchise about 5 years

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Black Sunshine posted:

On the other hand, you probably wouldn't have drafted noted miniature human Bryce Young #1 overall and set back your franchise about 5 years

They traded up to draft Matt Corral instead, but he was also so terrible that they quickly dumped him.

Though easier to give up on a 3rd then a 1st after 1 year I suppose

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
I don't think Kenny is the biggest Steelers bust of the last 10 years, let alone ever. They traded up to 10 for a Michigan off-ball linebacker who was worst starter I've ever seen the Steelers start at that position. Kenny was pick 20

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

D-LINK posted:

I don't think Kenny is the biggest Steelers bust of the last 10 years, let alone ever. They traded up to 10 for a Michigan off-ball linebacker who was worst starter I've ever seen the Steelers start at that position. Kenny was pick 20

It's like why people put Manziel on the list of top Browns busts. Yeah he's a QB so he has much higher expectations but he wasn't even the worst Browns bust that draft. Justin Gilbert was a worse player in every single way, drafted in the top ten, involved trading down for a pick that resulted in maybe the worst center in Browns history in Cameron Erving, and was the only player drafted from picks 5 through 17 to not make the Pro Bowl.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
everyone but haslam saw the manziel bust coming

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Intruder posted:

everyone but haslam saw the manziel bust coming

Not quite everyone!

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jimmy-haslam-says-homeless-man-convinced-him-to-draft-manziel/

joe football
Dec 22, 2012

Comfortador posted:

I wonder if the Steelers will offer up something for Fields to sit behind Russ for a year.

I really wanted to get Fields for the Steelers this year, but it doesn't make sense to have him be a backup when you have to pick up a $25 million option for next year. Unless you can negotiate an extension for less I guess

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

joe football posted:

I really wanted to get Fields for the Steelers this year, but it doesn't make sense to have him be a backup when you have to pick up a $25 million option for next year. Unless you can negotiate an extension for less I guess

I'd assume this the gambit, as they basically tried the same idea with Dwayne Haskins (rip)

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Kirios posted:

I distinctly remember the Texans getting absolutely dunked on by letting the Eagles slide infront of them to draft Dillard. They ended up "settling" for Tytus Howard.

Dillard may very well be out of the NFL and Howard is one of the best RT's in football. I think the Texans got that one right!

shades of the same Eagles outsmarting and jumping the Ravens for Jordan Davis and letting they draft Kyle Hamilton the god

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

tytus howard was definitely seen as a "oh poo poo the texans missed out on dillard and made a desperation pick" kind of thing because they were so needy for a left tackle after trading duane brown away

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I have a feeling Fields won't be moved now til after the draft.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Maybe Dillard still has potential, but between his disastrous last year and that esteemed OL coach Bill Callahan wanted nothing to do with him, I think the Texans dodged a bullet.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Dillard is so weird. What happened there? I remember his rookie year being really promising

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

BlindSite posted:

I have a feeling Fields won't be moved now til after the draft.

Which is fine with Pittsburgh, they have a QB for this year.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1768767282447110445?t=3dvaXwjx3hSZ-ImVHyjJ2w&s=19

https://twitter.com/WordOnTheBirds/status/1768766475043557528?t=xihysa1t3M9DqApeFfgywA&s=19

I wonder what the Bears were trying to get

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
What if...and hear me out here.

Pick 11
Pick 23
2025 3rd

For Justin Herbert. The Vikings get their guy. The Chargers can rebuild completely.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Pick 11
Pick 23
2025 3rd

For Justin Herbert. The Vikings get their guy. The Chargers can rebuild completely.

ok but what about the money

Mega64 posted:

Maybe Dillard still has potential, but between his disastrous last year and that esteemed OL coach Bill Callahan wanted nothing to do with him, I think the Texans dodged a bullet.

yeah bill saying nah is a huge indictment on that dude even if he hadnt looked like poo poo strained through a colander all year

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Pick 11
Pick 23
2025 3rd

No

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Soul Glo posted:

ok but what about the money

yeah bill saying nah is a huge indictment on that dude even if he hadnt looked like poo poo strained through a colander all year

Your new QB1, whatever weapons or defensive starters would all be on rookie contracts. There is a $100mil dead cap over the next two years, but after that, you can make it rain on free agents.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

What if the change in my pocket for Jordan Love

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Your new QB1, whatever weapons or defensive starters would all be on rookie contracts. There is a $100mil dead cap over the next two years, but after that, you can make it rain on free agents.

I think I'll rebuild around the 26 year old top 10 QB thanks

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Intruder posted:

:aaa:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Herbert might never have better playoff success than Philip Rivers.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

oh no!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Intruder posted:

Are…are they quarters?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Aaron Rodgers has four times as many MVP rewards as he does Super Bowl Rings.

Meanwhile Aaron Rodgers has half as many rings as Blaine Gabbert.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Mega64 posted:

Aaron Rodgers has four times as many MVP rewards as he does Super Bowl Rings.

Meanwhile Aaron Rodgers has half as many rings as Blaine Gabbert.

well he encountered a ring and is immunized now, so

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
This picture from 1984?

https://twitter.com/Vikings/status/1768795924694745568?t=D0TBmDef6UHs485eJgz5BQ&s=19

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1768801881105584275?t=kw0tQF3atDmmAuB86MY2zA&s=19

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

gently caress yeah

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

How is this guy?

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Van Jefferson was Not Good last year.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

SirPablo posted:

How is this guy?

He was on the Jets a few years ago and sucked but I'm not sure how much that matters going forward.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Lmao what are the cowboys doing? Did they forget free agency even started this week?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Don’t worry. In a couple weeks, Jerruh is going to be sending in all the best picks from his Lex Luthor superyacht lair. Every pick will be an All-Pro who set all kinds of records. Jerruh never whiffs on his picks! Best GM in the league.