Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Nick Soapdish posted:

Amber pretending to like baseball just for a man is sad because everyone should enjoy America's Pasttime(TM)

They called it Americas pastime because it’s just something to do to pass the time. Once they invented computer solitaire, baseball lost all purpose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I love baseball a lot. Like a lot. But it sucks and everyone can see it.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

I love baseball a lot. Like a lot. But it sucks and everyone can see it.

Manfred sez "this sucks, how can we get this over with faster" invents pitch clock, 80-game season

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Having just attended a Banana Ball game over the weekend, it is superior to baseball in every way. Two hour time limits, one inning that lasted 15 seconds, bringing out retired pitchers in their 60s to pitch, a baby crawl, it's got it all.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Based Amber doesn't like sportsball, huh. "What do you mean you don't like this stupid poo poo? It's sportsball!"

Etc.

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk. Not TED X: SVU or whatever, the main stage one about important stuff and universal truths.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

baseball? More like zzzzzz

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/1768157708245725359

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

dude, i feel this so much. big resonating

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

when you're perambulating down the avenue but fall into an open manhole.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
It's true that goths are temperamentally conservative. It's a subculture largely populated by white people from middle-class backgrounds, so it comes with the territory. As for Marilyn Manson being a conservative--he's a rich old white guy who thinks he should be allowed to rape whoever he wants, ipso facto he's conservative.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Loved the ep, might check out their pod if this stuff was anything to go off of quality wise.

duck.exe
Apr 14, 2012

Nap Ghost
Movie Mindset Season 2:

https://x.com/chapotraphouse/status/1768703359966720509?s=46&t=8eGAks3mGgDHUb4Mz4yNSw

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

once again i have not seen a single one of those lol

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

i say swears online posted:

Seems like a good reason to watch some movies

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I’ve seen two. :smug: Patlabor 2 is very good.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

The Oshii episode might be the only movie mindset episode I listen to

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

honestly just go see Night of the Hunter right now. It's a perfect movie.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

PostNouveau posted:

Seems like a good reason to watch some movies

hell no

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Same. And I love that. I'm way to insulated into the movies I watch.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

After Hours / Repo Man is a powerful combo

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

same here. wish they would do a movie mindset on Van Wilder or something

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
Repo Man is so loving good. I think the point of Movie Mindset is they're talking about great movies normal people probably haven't seen, so it's fine if you haven't heard of them.

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER

Halloween Jack posted:

It's true that goths are temperamentally conservative. It's a subculture largely populated by white people from middle-class backgrounds, so it comes with the territory. As for Marilyn Manson being a conservative--he's a rich old white guy who thinks he should be allowed to rape whoever he wants, ipso facto he's conservative.

I was going to lose my loving mind if none of them brought up the Republican Vampire

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Both Repo man and After Hours rule, that episode is going to be great.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I think I've only seen His Girl Friday, which is a great flick. Looking forward to watching at least some of the rest. I've always meant to get around to Bringing Up Baby and Pennies from Heaven.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Night of the Hunter is loving awesome.

Eminent DNS
May 28, 2007

I didn't notice that the first round was structured like this.

Do people recommend going through the first season of movie mindset by just watching the two movies and then listening to the episode? It's a cool concept, I just didn't get how it was structured earlier.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Eminent DNS posted:

Do people recommend going through the first season of movie mindset by just watching the two movies and then listening to the episode? It's a cool concept, I just didn't get how it was structured earlier.
watching the movies is optional i suppose if you'd rather just bask in the joy of your two pals talking about something they enjoyed

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Eminent DNS posted:

You don't have to. I don't care about spoilers so I had a lot of fun listening then watching and seeing if I agreed with their takes Felt like I got more out of them afterwards too because they do a lot of behind the scenes talk which is fun.

Movies rock

duck.exe
Apr 14, 2012

Nap Ghost
Think I’ll watch the Oshii films this weekend, I’ve got Angels Egg somewhere and I have the Patlabor complete Blu-ray set

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

I can agree with Night of the Hunter being a great movie, but Bringing Up Baby was torture. I think Will has generally pretty bad taste in movies

melvinthemopboy3
Sep 29, 2008
Pennies from Heaven is so goddamn good. Was very happy to hear they were covering it. Absolute must watch for anyone with Movie Mindset.

Zoracle Zed
Jul 10, 2001
I didn't know there was a Gorky Park adaptation, I remember enjoying that book a lot, what if american noir but in the ussr

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Halloween Jack posted:

the picture was a photoshop of that lady holding a "goths for bernie" sign. Everyone around her was carrying bernie placards.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I watched the Cure by Kiyoshi Kurosawa because of Movie Mindset and it was really loving good.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

net work error posted:

The Oshii episode might be the only movie mindset episode I listen to

I really wish they'd done Beautiful Dreamer, I think it's my favorite from Oshii.

I'm glad they're doing Bringing Up Baby. It used to come on a lot on Turner Classic Movies when I was a kid and it's still a regular for me when I've had a lovely day and just want something to cheer me up.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'd say they're right about 90% of the time.

They got me to watch Exorcit 3 and that ruled.

BastardAus
Jun 3, 2003
Chunder from Down Under

MonsieurChoc posted:

I'd say they're right about 90% of the time.

They got me to watch Exorcit 3 and that ruled.

Fkn still rules, 25 odd years after I saw it the first time.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Maybe next time they’ll cover some baby movies just for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

where's my indiana Jones ep Will???