Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Gripweed posted:

By that point every bad movie currently available only on VHS will have been released as a premium 4k Blu-ray with hours of special features and a limited edition slip cover.

Nah there will still be a lot of the real terrible trash which no one would ever bother with and are probably caught up in some sort of legal hell anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

dr_rat posted:

Nah there will still be a lot of the real terrible trash which no one would ever bother with and are probably caught up in some sort of legal hell anyway.

You haven’t watched enough Vinegar Syndrome releases if you think a movie could be too bad for Blu-ray.

Dr. Thoss
Aug 22, 2011

i am a doctor. my name is thoss.

Gripweed posted:

You haven’t watched enough Vinegar Syndrome releases if you think a movie could be too bad for Blu-ray.

they're doing gods work

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

The movies will all likely be released by Vinegar Syndrome, Gold Ninja Video, or any other boutique physical media house. The Wheel videos would likely be lost to time, though.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

What I’m saying is, the very last VHS tape played on the very last VCR will be a black spine.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

LanceHunter posted:

The Wheel videos would likely be lost to time, though.

With it the ancient art of staying safe in tree stands. :(

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
When jay finally ran out of snuff films he took matters into his own hands

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.
That Discord link doesn't work or expired if someone can post it again

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

RLM Patreon posted:

For the first time, after aaaaall the years we've been doing this, we had to actually do some VCR repair. Well, more of just a cleaning than repair but it's still interesting to open up one of these things. While shooting the most recent Best of the Worst (coming soon!!), our workhorse VCR/DVD player combo that we've been using for probably the last 7 or 8 years just stopped playing tapes. We of course have more than one backup VCR just in case something like this happens so our day doesn't come to a screeching halt but this is the first time we've had to break one of the backups out. But now our main player is cleaned and running like normal again. Just takes some spray air and a little rubbing alcohol on the tape head. So yeah, if you've never seen what one of these things looks like inside, here ya go.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

You're absolutely right, reading the very page you're posting on is for squares, dweebs, and lameos.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

quote:

if you've never seen what one of these things looks like inside, here ya go.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

it's a collection of all your best posts #gotem

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

it's a collection of all your best posts #gotem
we just established that it's the inside of a vcr so I'm actually not even mad or trolled by this at all. looks like you've got some growing up to do

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Cubone posted:

we just established that it's the inside of a vcr

did we?

I don't see anything

Burnt_toastist
Sep 2, 2020
The real VCR was the friends that we made along the way.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Did you guys really want me to post the pictures of their opened vcr?

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Lister posted:

yes quite frankly, I regret not asking the other guy!!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Lister posted:

Well yeah, why else does anyone watch red letter media other than for all their juicy VCR pics.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Lister posted:

no I want to go over to their patreon and pay money to look at a picture of their opened vcr

C'MON!

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Pay these fuckers $15 for the privilege then

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I've surprisingly recently had to deal with VHS tapes, VCRs, and miniDV camcorders with dirty heads, and boy I do not miss those days at all. Did surgery on one VHS that came off the reel and tried (unsuccessfully) to clean the heads of a miniDV cam. And the things are drat near impossible to get anymore, unless you want to pay like a hundred bucks for something used that may not even work.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
Laserdisc stays the winning superior format, imho.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Outpost22 posted:

Laserdisc stays the winning superior format, imho.

You can’t trick me, lasers are still the realm of fantasy science fiction.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
What are you, some kind of professor of lasers?

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

His mother's a bitch

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

THERE AIN'T NO DEMON

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
DUNC 2: Bucket Fuckers was a good imax experience. Zendaya does a convincing job of looking disappointed. Those worms go hard. Wanted to see a CGI, toddler, Anya Taylor-Joy stab the Baron like in the book but that's fine. Wondering how much liver Austin Butler ate for his method acting.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Joe Dante and Roger Corman are teaming up to do a reboot of Little Shop Of Horrors called Little Shop Of Halloween Horrors

https://deadline.com/2024/03/little-shop-of-halloween-horrors-joe-dante-roger-corman-1235859850/

cinema is back

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Deadline posted:

A reimagining intended to jumpstart a new franchise,

throw it in the dumpster with the rest of the trash

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Corman's 97. Hope they're sticking to the original 2 day production schedule.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Normally I wouldn't be up for a remake particularly one "intended to jumpstart a new franchise", but if Joe Dante directing and the guy who wrote Gremlins 2 (Charles S. Haas) is writing, than yeah sure, happy to see what ever the hell they come up with. It may not work, but just from those names I wouldn't expect it to be one of those generic, dull as poo poo remakes that pop up far to frequently now days.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Watched Blues Brothers for the first time. Wow this comedy just has insane explosions in the side plot for no reason. Also completely trashed the shopping mall.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Lmao I would love to get the detailed thoughts on Blues Brothers from someone who somehow hasn’t seen it until 2024. Did you have any idea what the plot was? How did you feel about the musical interludes?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

stephenthinkpad posted:

Watched Blues Brothers for the first time. Wow this comedy just has insane explosions in the side plot for no reason. Also completely trashed the shopping mall.

So if you want to know why the plot is um just like that, Dan Aykroyd was one of the writers.

Man I wish that crazy bastard wrote more movies. Or someone actually tried to film one of his legendarily long first drafts.

To quote wikipedia:

quote:

Aykroyd had never written a screenplay before, as he admitted in the 1998 documentary Stories Behind the Making of The Blues Brothers, or even read one, and he was unable to find a writing partner. He put together a very detailed volume that explained the characters' origins and how the band members were recruited. His final draft was 324 pages, three times longer than a standard screenplay, written not in a standard screenplay format, but more like free verse.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

His mother's a bitch

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

poisonpill posted:

Lmao I would love to get the detailed thoughts on Blues Brothers from someone who somehow hasn’t seen it until 2024. Did you have any idea what the plot was? How did you feel about the musical interludes?

The reason I watched it is I got a 75" TV and have been downloading old 4k movies I vaguely recognize the movie titles. Love the musical numbers, reminds me of o brother where art thou for some reason.

Outside of the car stunts, the most insane thing is they randomly blew up side of a building for a gag. It's like a loving die hard explosion. No way they will do a collapse of inside of building with real people like that now. I can't wait to watch the sequel and see how much real stunts they have.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
It had a record for most cars destroyed at one stage, at 104! Now days that's easily been beat. Apparently one of the transformers movies holds that record now at 530 something or there abouts.

So if any of you are making an indie car chase film or what not, that's the number to beat.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I think that Blues Brothers 2000 still holds the record for single largest car crash pileup in film. Maybe not most cars destroyed in filming but certainly in one go. 105 cars destroyed in the film and the majority of them in this single scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDEFL2fLGIE

Don't watch Blues Brothers 2000. Aside from the music and said car crash, it's pretty lame.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Mar 16, 2024

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Blues Brothers is so loving good. It's still the best SNL movie by a mile.

"we're on a mission from god" is one of those weirdly forever quotable quotes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I like the music in Blue Brothers 2000, everything else is mediocre at best.