Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Could be Vic Mackey also

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Benagain posted:

Someone explain who that is I need some laughter in my life

If you need laughter in your life, may I suggest the dark comedy of HBO's original series The Sopranos

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Benagain posted:

Someone explain who that is I need some laughter in my life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49H_PsDoLDY

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

at this point the west should count itself lucky chinese scientists even took the two seconds of effort.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Back when I was in academic science, I had to peer review some awful stuff that would have been better off written by GPT.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

That's about as much effort as a scientific journal deserves these days

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Cup Runneth Over posted:

That's about as much effort as a scientific journal deserves these days

Elseveir should be ashamed. They won't be, ever, for anything, but they should be.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Elseveir should be ashamed. They won't be, ever, for anything, but they should be.
it's not their job to review the content. they pay a lot of people nothing at all to do that.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Nothus posted:

Back when I was in academic science, I had to peer review some awful stuff that would have been better off written by GPT.

I worked in commercial science briefly and the only team in our field that wrote decent sentences was Lithuanian, and that was because in commercial science you want to actively write in reader-hostile ways as a layer of IP protection. Doing so was so functionally the social norm. Writing clearly wasn't just unusual, it was a flaw.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Tulip posted:

I worked in commercial science briefly and the only team in our field that wrote decent sentences was Lithuanian, and that was because in commercial science you want to actively write in reader-hostile ways as a layer of IP protection. Doing so was so functionally the social norm. Writing clearly wasn't just unusual, it was a flaw.
what is commercial science? is it like R&D or...?

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
They grow new types of MBAs in tanks. Covid-19 was a in vitro attempt to create NFT guys but luckily only some people are genetically predisposed

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

the dumbass tanks are running fine

citation: irl driving

e: someone please break the cloning tank where people with road colored cars decide not to turn their headlights on in the rain

goatsestretchgoals has issued a correction as of 10:11 on Mar 15, 2024

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

mawarannahr posted:

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Somehow either you or someone reading this just destroyed McDonald's ordering system

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/15/business/mcdonalds-systems-failure/index.html

NeonPunk has issued a correction as of 13:03 on Mar 15, 2024

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
I'm screaming "McDonald's" at my phone but nothing is happening help

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

screaming "McDonalds!" at the sky like im barclay trying to end the holodeck program every time im in an awkward situation

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

blatman posted:

screaming "McDonalds!" at the sky like im barclay trying to end the holodeck program every time im in an awkward situation

a post-apocalyptic future where you spend your days scavenging rubble for anything usable but solar-powered projectors still blast advertisements into the sky

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
The year is 2348, the entity known only as mdonl has come to earth demanding humanity stand

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

goatsestretchgoals posted:

someone please break the cloning tank where people with road colored cars decide not to turn their headlights on in the rain
we’re introverts and want to be left alone

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

mawarannahr posted:

Yeah R&D (polymers), just wanted to be clear that I wasn't in an academic lab where the point was to publish things to show off that we were cool, the point was to publish things to demonstrate confidence in the commercial product.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Tulip posted:

Yeah R&D (polymers), just wanted to be clear that I wasn't in an academic lab where the point was to publish things to show off that we were cool, the point was to publish things to demonstrate confidence in the commercial product.

so the whole job is to publish predetermined results, or is there at least some actual science going on?

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

silentsnack posted:

so the whole job is to publish predetermined results, or is there at least some actual science going on?

The point is to publish actual scientific results, but make them so annoying to read that only the most dedicated nerds can wade through it.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Holy gently caress!

Clones!

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I'm seein double! Four Kristys!

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
if you click the link you assimilate and become a Kris*

*model may vary between Helen, Susan, Mary and Veronica depending on your base stats

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Twitter being the entire Internet for most journalists means that even months after the global exodus we're still going to see "it's just me and some bots?? what's happening" articles. Whoa, this lady's bio wasn't actually typed up, just picked from a list. Can you imagine

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Ruffian Price posted:

Twitter being the entire Internet for most journalists means that even months after the global exodus we're still going to see "it's just me and some bots?? what's happening" articles. Whoa, this lady's bio wasn't actually typed up, just picked from a list. Can you imagine

pussy in bio: how not to fall for this clever scam

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

duz posted:

pussy in bio: how not to fall for this clever scam

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Pussy in BIOS: I don't know how you hosed up this bad

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Kit Walker posted:

Pussy in BIOS: I don't know how you hosed up this bad

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

I'm clicking

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Sure, if there's two cats in a computer I'm sure they'd be able to catch and kill any virus on it.

Purrfectly safe.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

we’re introverts and want to be left alone

turn your ducking headlights on and I will

I don’t want to merge into your polycule or your car

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

goatsestretchgoals posted:

turn your ducking headlights on and I will

I don’t want to merge into your polycule or your car

You joined the SA polycule when you joined

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Your operating system is filled with poo poo