Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Maybe still draft an OT at 10 now that I think about it. But whatever, I’m actually happy about the Jets for a night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I would rather draft a WR than any of the FA WR's who are all incredibly mid. Odunze is who I would take though I think if they can trade down and pick up another 2 that also makes a lot of sense so they can go WR/OL in the first few rounds. I'm not gonna want a TE at 10.

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

i'm hoping the fins go OL heavy in the draft (futile as that may be), but through FA so far my uninformed take is: jets OL seems improved, pats about the same, bills kinda worse, and miami significantly worse

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
You think Tyron asked the Jets if A A Ron was actually going to be the QB? lol You think he asked A A Ron if he was running for VP?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

So Mike Williams and Jadeveon Clowney are visiting Monday and Tuesday.

https://twitter.com/sheena_marie3/status/1768816123829428543?s=46

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Diva Cupcake posted:

So Mike Williams and Jadeveon Clowney are visiting Monday and Tuesday.

https://twitter.com/sheena_marie3/status/1768816123829428543?s=46

If they actually sign Williams and Clowney I will reluctantly be kind of pleased with the offseason.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

All in on giant injury risks lol

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Reading this thread is a treat. I see why metapod never leaves.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

TheBizzness posted:

This offseason has really solidified just how deranged the last decade and a half of Jets football has made me.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

This offseason has really solidified just how deranged the last decade and a half of Jets football has made me.

Think about the plausable range of outcomes that they are going have this season now.... We're all going to be in the loving loony bin by november.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
My favorite part is we all know how this ends

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

TheBizzness posted:

Including the Jets fans! But I remember how it was: you got excited for your stupid cursed team anyway, because as a fan you want to be happy.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1768836343201767562

Very worrying that the Cowboys wouldn't do this. His first choice was to stay there...

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1768836343201767562

Very worrying that the Cowboys wouldn't do this. His first choice was to stay there...

The Cowboys have no money. Dak has a $60m cap hit. This deal looks awesome.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

The Cowboys have no money. Dak has a $60m cap hit. This deal looks awesome.

NFL teams don't let franchise LTs walk for cap reasons, they make it work. The Cowboys just clearly don't think he's going to hold up. They could be wrong... they have been wrong before, but that is obviously what they think.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

TheBizzness posted:

It's too good

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006
yes that's very hot and i'll deal with it in the morning

best thread in TFF for sure

I refuse to be optimistic about this season, because of *waves hands at last ten years* however the Smith signing is solid

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

I had a dream that the Pats took Drake Maye and he showed up to the facility for the first time and was tinier than Bryce

Like 5'6, with tiny baby hands

And Kraft and Mayo were trying to be nice to this little kid and pump everyone up about how great the season would be while frantically working in the background trying to figure out if it was the wrong Drake Maye, or the combine pulled something with the official measurements, or what

What does this mean?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TheBizzness posted:

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Well, can't say JD isn't trying to plug holes this offseason.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I’ve now watched enough Brock Bowers on JustBombsProductions that I can talk myself into him if 3 WRs and 2 OTs are already off the board.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

They already missed out on the 1 elite WR that changed teams this offseason. I'm not really a fan of any of the remaining WR options at this point. Odunze seems to me like their best shot at a really good WR2 right now.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

TheBizzness posted:

Metapod posted:

It's too good

Leave us alone

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Fuuuuuuuuuuu

https://twitter.com/adamjahns/status/1769003343366533338?s=46

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Another big time pickup for the almost Jets team lol

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

mcmagic posted:

Another big time pickup for the almost Jets team lol

Another swing and a miss from the Jets beat, which said the Jets had no interest at all

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

Another swing and a miss from the Jets beat, which said the Jets had no interest at all

I don't think they had real interest because of the money. (which I think is a mistake because they are going to end up paying a WR who isn't as good as him in free agency)

I really wish the Jets didn't have the worst coaching staff in the NFL.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Mar 16, 2024

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
The same dude who called Kendall Fuller said that we’ve got a handshake deal with Connor Williams to return to Miami on a 2-3 year deal at a very fair deal.

Connor is amazing at everything but the snap, and staying healthy. When he plays he’s top tier, so I love this. Really wonder if he’s moving back to guard now that Miami has a real center on the team

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Womp Womp
https://twitter.com/Mediaite/status/1769083032223256919?s=20

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Everyone is using the Shanahan system these days

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

quote:

Aaron Rodgers, the outspoken NFL quarterback who Kennedy had been considering as his VP pick, is out of the running, a source close to the campaign said. The prospect of his selection prompted concerns among donors to the campaign.

When you're too much of a fuckin weirdo for RFK donors

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

When I read the headline my mind went to some very juvenile places. Enjoy my MSPaint work.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Divorcing a google founder sounds amazing.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Divorcing a google founder sounds amazing.

MacKenzie Scott laughs in Bezos.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I know there’s mixed opinions on Fields (and McMagic hates him), but for a 6th/possible 4th he was worth a shot if you consider this Rodgers last season. The team is going to be too good next season to get a QB through the draft. Worst case scenario after this season you give him a 1 year prove it deal ala Jordan Love.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

syzpid posted:

I know there’s mixed opinions on Fields (and McMagic hates him), but for a 6th/possible 4th he was worth a shot if you consider this Rodgers last season. The team is going to be too good next season to get a QB through the draft. Worst case scenario after this season you give him a 1 year prove it deal ala Jordan Love.

He sucks but he's worth a 6 in the right offense for him (eagles) but you can't trust anyone involved with the Jets to design a competent offense for fields to run.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
That is much cheaper than I expected

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39740531/new-york-jets-notebook-free-agency

quote:

5. Jefferson memorial: When the Jets signed defensive tackles Javon Kinlaw and Leki Fotu, the natural assumption was that they had moved on from Jefferson. Not so. They wanted him back. The Jets were given a chance to match the one-year, $3.6 million contract offer he received from the Browns, but they took too long to respond, two sources said. Jefferson had agreed to terms with Cleveland by the time the Jets answered. Things move fast in free agency.

How in the gently caress does this happen???????

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

The Kinlaw deal still makes no sense whatsoever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Jets before FA
“We aren’t making big splashes in FA”
The Jets a day after a big signing or trade
“We were in on them, but it ended up not working out”

I’m so sick and tired of this dance from a billion dollar NFL team that raises prices after bad seasons. Like the Islanders are fine doing it because their finances are questionable. But I’m tired of hearing it from the Jets.