Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

Barudak posted:

The lovely ultra-racism ones.

well that doesnt help

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Khanstant posted:

I don't want to look any of that up. What are the comics they mentioned? Is it those lovely ball comics or those lovely ones with a stick figure

Polandball was visionary you loving philistine

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Khanstant posted:

I don't want to look any of that up. What are the comics they mentioned? Is it those lovely ball comics or those lovely ones with a stick figure

here's one of the holocaust denial comics screenshotted in the twitter thread if you wanna see the artstyle

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Khanstant posted:

There's a whole cottage industry of making videos just reading or repackaging themed reddit subs.

Pretty soon reddit will just be LLM regurgitated reddit posts so there's a finite amount of content subs will have. I used to look down on that kind of video and still don't want to ever watch one, but I can better appreciate their role in filtering out the reddit from reddit for people just interested in certain subjects or types of stories or vibes.

And then there are the external sites that scrape specific subs and then have a chatbot vomit out articles based on those comments.

I remember the WoW sub had a field day when they actually managed to bait one of those sites into publishing an article about a fake boss fight that they had pretended was real.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

TK8325 posted:

well that doesnt help

The ones that look like they were made by Shmorky with advanced dementia

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

here's one of the holocaust denial comics screenshotted in the twitter thread if you wanna see the artstyle

JFC. That wiki comment doubling down is somehow even worse, combining someone being smug while being technically AND obviously incorrect and some evil shithead who wants to use their audience to bring attention to denying atrocities that happened almost 80 years ago and not just talk about any of the ongoing ones.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Regalingualius posted:

And then there are the external sites that scrape specific subs and then have a chatbot vomit out articles based on those comments.

I remember the WoW sub had a field day when they actually managed to bait one of those sites into publishing an article about a fake boss fight that they had pretended was real.

Haha my very first website, on a local family run ISP on a little /~myname he set up for me I in edistely found a star background, animated gifs to go with it, and made a few pages including one for Pokemon cheats. Almost all of the cheats were just made up, typical elaborate setup that was amusing as a kid to imagine someone going through the bs and finding out there was no real payoff.

Later on a friend told me this lie that Bob Dylan ghost-wrote Bananas for Gwen Stefani. Another friend bought it and we thought it was funny to then just tell people that as a fact, it sounded not sure but also funny and weird enough to maybe be true somehow. Plus they'd have to wait to go home and check to really call bullshit. I also repeated this lie many times on Reddit and wherever else m over the years since.

So many datasets out there filled with lies mixing in with fact. It wasn't even that hard to hoax things before this LLM doubletalk era, and I can see future but jobs latching onto weird internet jokes and trolls and lies and goofs mulched up by LLMs and repeated generatively so often they are convinced it's evidence of a hidden past, Mandela effect style but revealed through the amazing oracle of lovely techbro toys.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
I like the antifastonetoss subreddit where they do edits of the comic

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I wonder how Hans is feeling right now lol.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Ironically, he is skipping rocks at the pond

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Hopefully like he can't sleep in case some unhinged shithead burns his house down. Subscribe to PewDiePie.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

doesn’t really strike me as the self reflective type

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
https://twitter.com/stone_toss/status/1470283172499927043?t=-r_GAC5F5huT2TbMK7FaiQ&s=19

He's been retweeting his old tweets about how your hate only makes him stronger.

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009
All millionaires work in IT at somebody else's company.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lmao

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I was going for Space Nazi and just got Nazi

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
If he's not a fascist he is exactly the person who would be persuaded by a single impassioned speech

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
They had really slick uniforms and lightning bolts are cool and everybody loves skulls of course and that ninja star on their flag was just a neat graphic I didn't think about what it would mean getting tattooed on my face

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

lmfao

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.
A depressing game to play is "what percentage of my social circle / workplace / city / country would be OK with joining an openly fascist organisation if they had cool uniforms and looked like they were going places?"

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

reddit is good again

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Atopian posted:

A depressing game to play is "what percentage of my social circle / workplace / city / country would be OK with joining an openly fascist organisation if they had cool uniforms and looked like they were going places?"

A lot.

It’s the lesson we all said we had taken away from Germany, but apparently not.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

Lmao not in America buddy! Put that screw back and be glad wherever you are public services aren't covered in homeless piss to spite you.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

You can smash the train windows with an ordinary hammer, too! Wait, officer,

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

This isn't possible on 737s because they come pre-removed from the factory.

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.
There are free screws in the train. You can just take them. I have 6000 screws in my house.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
My house is just hundreds of train windows screwed together.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

dr_rat posted:

My house is just hundreds of train windows screwed together.

It's free windows. I walk away with 3 train windows everytime I take the daily to Melbourne.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Life Hack: there are free screws EVERYWHERE

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!

Professor Shark posted:

Life Hack: there are free screws EVERYWHERE

Only if you're cool

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Lifehack: If you disassemble and reassemble a laptop, you get free screws.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Nobody screws the laptop repair guy for free

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
I think the trains round here have pop rivets, so sadly, I have to get screws the old-fashioned way. At gunpoint.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

I'm wheezing lads

Cabal Ties
Feb 28, 2004
Yam Slacker
The top three popular posts Reddit presents me this evening are about how to destroy your life, a tiktoker getting punched, and a post relating to bottles exploding in someone’s face.

Cool and good. Glad I scrolled past those for the real gold

r/rareinsults 6h
Freakishly Accurate !
imagine spending that much money on plastic surgery just to be told you look like a man in his late forties
• @selovelenaa • 2d
someone said kylie looks like cilian murphy now i can't unsee it

You’re not missing anything by me not posting the photo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

if this accounts a rockin'
don't come a knockin'
Sounds like your algorithm is tweaked to perfection