Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Habibi posted:

That librarian's orangutan face is pretty amazing.

Ook

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Alright, who snitched on that goon's husband?

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/477090/B-C-Mounties-seize-cache-of-stolen-Lego-Jellycat-toys-clothes-worth-150-000

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
You don't know how quickly I clicked on this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3CnDXh7hH0

moparacker
May 8, 2007

DnD set looks pretty good

https://www.instagram.com/p/C4jeES-JKi8/?igsh=MTc4MmM1YmI2Ng==

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

drat that does look cool.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
I like the beholder, the rest seems like of generic

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Yeah it doesn't scream D&D to me. The beholder yes, maybe the phase beast but the rest is just lego knights with a big dragon. They should have done a dungeon tileset with minfigs you can use to actually play D&D.

Lavender Spliffs
Nov 12, 2023

I like the little interior sections in the back, but the whole thing does look more 'generic castle' then dnd. I think it's supposed to look like the cover of an old players guide?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah I don’t hate it but it’s not jumping out at me either.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Should have been a handful of dudes sitting around a table eating cheetos and drinking root beer. With some dice scattered around and tons of stickers.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
lol people shocked a DnD set has a castle, what in the world

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's dungeons and dragons, not castles and dragons.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Not knowing much about it, I'd have expected a dungeon personally.

I'd have wanted this set as a kid.

e: gaddangit

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
where are dungeons located? under castles

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Honestly I would be pretty stoked for a ruined castle set with a multi-level dungeon underneath.

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.
Be the change you want to see in the world!

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
The back of it looks pretty dungeon-like.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I believe you'll find the keep was located on the borderlands.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

xzzy posted:

It's dungeons and dragons, not castles and dragons.

Turn it upside down and look at the back

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I hope there’s some good food in there!

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse
The bonsai tree is very pretty for sure, but I think there ought to be a rule that the advertised piece count only includes pieces you actually build with. 878 pieces. 200 of them are studs which you mix and pour into the base lol

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Creature posted:

The bonsai tree is very pretty for sure, but I think there ought to be a rule that the advertised piece count only includes pieces you actually build with. 878 pieces. 200 of them are studs which you mix and pour into the base lol

Yeah, that's pretty weak.

fwiw I strongly recommend this MOC of the bonsai, which makes the trunk a lot more bonsai-like without needing any additional pieces.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Creature posted:

this sucks as a display model but works as a parts box for woodland scenery

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse

gschmidl posted:

Yeah, that's pretty weak.

fwiw I strongly recommend this MOC of the bonsai, which makes the trunk a lot more bonsai-like without needing any additional pieces.

Oh nice! I'm still partway through building it, so I might try this instead and see how it comes out. :)

I've been reading back issues of Bricks magazine this week and learned there was a really nice Batman 1989 Batmobile released back in 2019, but It's discontinued now. I guess it must have been a 30th anniversary thing. Are sets ever reissued? There's some on ebay but they're all over 300€.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Rarely. It's not impossible but I wouldn't count on it. They did a v2 of the Tumbler but I would say it's more of an exception than the norm. If you found it for that, 300 actually isn't that bad since it retailed at $250 (it's huuge). I've seen it go for more than that.

There is a really great minifig scale 1989 batmobile that is still in production though.

Lavender Spliffs
Nov 12, 2023

They do rerelease/redo some of the big iconic vehicles like that. The tumbler that is currently available is a remake and almost identical to the original one (stickers in cockpit replaced with printed pieces mostly, I think). They've also done at least 3 big UCS X-wing releases.

That said, it could be 10 years away, and the 1989 Batmobile is a GOAT set. It's huge. It's solid. All the lines are perfect. The build was fun, and it looks nice on a shelf.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
The big 1989 is easily worth 300€, just keep an eye on eBay and you might get lucky for less. I’m happy I got back on Lego just when it was getting phased out. That said, the small one (which I believe is EOL’d soon) is extremely good too AND you can turn the technic Pattinson one into a pretty banging 1989 to tide you over.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
If you want, you can get a clone off joytoyworld for $139.

I'm finally consolidating my kids Legos from various houses and got a few ikea tables to do a big layout. Only to find that wow, he has a ton of them. My big question is how do you recommend integrating the new road plates with buildings/base plates? Just not use base plates at all? The height difference is weird. Or should I do a MILS to road plate?

Edit: getting all the sets out and on new tables has gotten me this. "I'm sorry. I have to wreck your new awesome spaceship "(the $20 city one. The galaxy explorer is out of reach)Me: what? No! Kid: I'm sorry I have to destroy it to make upgrades to that cool booster feature

trevorreznik fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Mar 17, 2024

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Creature posted:

I use compressed air to dust so I usually skip the dirt steps. I instead put a husky dog in the basin and now it's a regular tree.

Also I forgot that I didn't omit the dirt for the orchid and oops

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
https://www.amazon.com/Yushinv-Cherry-Blossom-Building-Original/dp/B0BHZBSQTW/ref=asc_df_B0BHZBSQTW/
This set was cool and the recommendations are like thirty other knockoffs

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

SadisTech posted:

oh the silver round bit pushed in under the "handle" bit? I was concerned but that gets effectively locked in place by being surrounded by other pieces so I could sort of overlook it. But the flat 1*1 at the end of the central fin physically hurts me to look at.

feel my pain

How the gently caress is that a legal building technique :barf:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

because it holds securely and doesn't distort any pieces.

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

xzzy posted:

because it holds securely and doesn't distort any pieces.

"Securely" is a strong word for that connection! It can pop out if you simply pick the model up incautiously.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

SadisTech posted:

"Securely" is a strong word for that connection! It can pop out if you simply pick the model up incautiously.

So no different than myriad other single stud connections?

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

Butterfly Valley posted:

So no different than myriad other single stud connections?

Correct! Most of which are also not ideal for toy car models. And indeed there are a few other Speed Champions which I think are distressingly flimsy for basic handling.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
D&D minifigs:

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

I love that they have male and female faces for a few of them. I wish some of the designs were a little closer to BG3 (I bet all of D&D merchandise is wishing that right now).

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Astarion and Lae'zel seem doable. Karlach is a maybe, obviously the details are wrong but if one were to find a suitable torso/legs no one would mind.

I bet you could cobble together a Shadowheart too, with the head from #9 and the hair from #2.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Anyone recognise what the Lady of Pain is holding?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Those are all cool but the only one I need are the pets.
I need those pets.