Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

turn off the TV posted:

i was in orbit around draupnir. idk how the bugs would blow up super destroyers

The super destroyers being rigged to explode on critical failure is simply the price of freedom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Hopefully some bug players will migrate and we can finally get off Draupni-ahahahaha

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

Erata just got completed. How screwed are we with Joel when it comes down next week or tomorrow or whenever his wrath strikes?

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

turn off the TV posted:

I'm p sure nursing spewers can hit the sds loitering a single kilometer in the air

Warad
Aug 10, 2019

Would be pretty wild bad for Democracy if the Terminids just suddenly showed up with those Starship Trooper Plasma farting tanks as an evolution of those fully armored Nursers.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Dead Like Rev posted:

Erata just got completed. How screwed are we with Joel when it comes down next week or tomorrow or whenever his wrath strikes?

i assume that this event was to introduce the flying bugs so this is probably next

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

turn off the TV posted:

They don't. Super Earth does not tolerate failure :commissar:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Dzurlord
Nov 5, 2011

Just came here to post something like this. We did it, we hosed down the bugs... time to look towards the bot homeworld and see what they (and Joel) have been up to.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Away all Goats posted:

They don't. Super Earth does not tolerate failure :commissar:

You were fighting Terminid hordes on the planet surface. But for me... It was Tuesday.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

Dandywalken posted:

Did... they nerf hellpod damage? Couldnt get a single one-shot on bile titans with them today.
I don't think it's ever been able to one shot a full health Bile Titan and it's a real feel bad moment when it doesn't kill because you just go straight through with no feedback. I did a solo eradicate with lots of bile titans and deaths and railcannon -> death pod was a reliable kill but pod by itself never killed. It also definitely doesn't oneshot tanks or cannon turrets.

PS5 shenanigans could mean anything though, maybe having a ps5 friend also makes pods do 5x damage against titans like it does for railguns.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

absolutely loving perfect

edit: goddamnit missed the flag pin like this one https://www.insertcoinclothing.com/pins-patches/super-earth-enamel-pin.html?store=helldivers-2

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
So what's with the page 1&2 armors in the new warbond? They have the exact same stats, but the final page armor has the more speedy/less armor variant. Shouldn't either page 1 or 2 have a slower/more tanky variant and the other the more balanced distribution?

CupNoodleKing
Feb 17, 2011

So today I learned not to drive my mech through puddles of water because they might be a lot deeper than you would think. There was no way to walk out.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Love going for the daily mission to extract three times only for a teammate to orbital laser me and the 15 rare samples im carrying.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Better?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

oh hell yeah, that's in the running for one of my favorite photoshops ever

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The minefield callin is highly underrated because people use it wrong all the time, you should throw it as far away from a objective as possible while you are still in stealth mode sneaking around patrols, it makes a lot of noise bugs will investigate which will cause them to explode and cause more patrols to investigate this middle of nowhere spot and the bugs won't magically know where you are and aggro you or anything.

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

I am holding a live frag grenade.

Darox posted:

I don't think it's ever been able to one shot a full health Bile Titan and it's a real feel bad moment when it doesn't kill because you just go straight through with no feedback. I did a solo eradicate with lots of bile titans and deaths and railcannon -> death pod was a reliable kill but pod by itself never killed. It also definitely doesn't oneshot tanks or cannon turrets.

Yeah, in my experience I've never been able to one-shot bile titans with the hellpod drop, just two-shot them or finish off heavily wounded ones.

On an unrelated note, fun little trick of niche use in some missions; If you call down the evac (the manual call-in, not the emergency evac at the end of the mission timer) and stay within the evac area long enough for the pelican to arrive, but leave the evac area before it can land, then the pelican will stay hovering in the air shooting everything nearby with its autocannons until you come close enough for it to finish landing. This can be a really useful way to clear out a lovely LZ full of bile titans and such if you want to clean up some samples that are in the middle of the swarm that would otherwise be a nightmare to reach.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
Since we're giving out tips, here's one; Tap E while carrying artillery shells so you're constantly dropping/picking them up as you take them to the gun. You'll move way faster.

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

So today I threw an orbital laser at a bile titan and had him survive the entire thing. What's up with that? Was the laser just missing or something?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Evil Thought: The Bot Shredder Tank (four barrel gun) should shut down eagle stratagems in its vicinity while alive similar to the AA sites. It IS basically an AA tank afterall. :v:

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Orbital laser has never been entirely reliable at killing a bile titan and once you have better options you're gonna see it as a bit of a waste of a three shot weapon even if you do kill it

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

WarpedLichen posted:

So today I threw an orbital laser at a bile titan and had him survive the entire thing. What's up with that? Was the laser just missing or something?

The laser needs to put almost all of its damage into a titan for the kill. It's much better for a big horde of smaller bugs.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Arc Hammer posted:

I'm trying to purchase super credits to buy the new warbond but I keep getting a purchase error. Whenever I go to authorize the transaction.

I am absolutely serious when I ask this. Is your steam profile set to private?

Having my steam profile on private makes the game poo poo itself, say "You must not have steam overlay on!", open the overlay shopping cart, and crash (at least not stealing my money).

I switched to public for five minutes and was able to buy credits.

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008

Apple Craft posted:

So what's with the page 1&2 armors in the new warbond? They have the exact same stats, but the final page armor has the more speedy/less armor variant. Shouldn't either page 1 or 2 have a slower/more tanky variant and the other the more balanced distribution?

Steeled Veteran Warbond had the same thing. Two statistically identical but legally distinct variants of medium armor with +throw distance/50% limb injury resistance, and a heavy version of same on the third page. The light armor with that perk is in the super credit store rotation. Maybe a heavy arc armor variant will show up there eventually? :shrug:

I'm all for fashion souls or whatever, so I don't object to identical stats with different looks, I just would have preferred to get 3 different armor weights in the premium warbonds and put the duplicates in the super credit store. The heavy servo assisted armor in the first premium warbond has another, distinct looking copy in the super credit store that I prefer, for example.

Psykmoe fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Mar 16, 2024

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

FrancisFukyomama posted:

If there’s any game that has a minigun with a realistic 3000-6000rpm fire rate it’d probably be this one

Armored Core VI miniguns are insane. They absolutely poo poo out crazy quantities of ammo.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Arc Hammer posted:

Love going for the daily mission to extract three times only for a teammate to orbital laser me and the 15 rare samples im carrying.

The slapstick was fun but yesterday and today I really started to feel what ppl have been saying abt mouthbreather chuds invading the game from the latest COD multi game that displeased them. I’ve seen deliberate party kills on “less than optimal” loadouts firsthand, saw ppl seeming to pointedly be stingy with reinforcements, etc. And I’m muting folks on mic obvs. It’s embarrassing.

Rectal Death Alert
Apr 2, 2021

Basic Chunnel posted:

The slapstick was fun but yesterday and today I really started to feel what ppl have been saying abt mouthbreather chuds invading the game from the latest COD multi game that displeased them. I’ve seen deliberate party kills on “less than optimal” loadouts firsthand, saw ppl seeming to pointedly be stingy with reinforcements, etc. And I’m muting folks on mic obvs. It’s embarrassing.

I've spectated a couple of not-nice people that are obviously from fortnite by the way they play. I think all of the shooter internet toilets got flushed at the same time.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
friendship ended with everything that’s not EAT, EAT is new best friend

sickle is very good

and i got lvl 20 so it’s shield gen & orbital railcannon time. having the shield protect from sneaky stalker/hunter hits and some charger hits is really nice

i’m kinda sad the TCS missions are finished. just when i was starting to get good at them, too.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

The minefield callin is highly underrated because people use it wrong all the time, you should throw it as far away from a objective as possible while you are still in stealth mode sneaking around patrols, it makes a lot of noise bugs will investigate which will cause them to explode and cause more patrols to investigate this middle of nowhere spot and the bugs won't magically know where you are and aggro you or anything.

sounds like a pro move

Randal
Apr 20, 2016

not adding value on SA one post at a time

Basic Chunnel posted:

I've met not even five players with functional mics. And for some reason playstation users will broadcast the game from their television on open mic

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Section Z posted:

I am absolutely serious when I ask this. Is your steam profile set to private?

Having my steam profile on private makes the game poo poo itself, say "You must not have steam overlay on!", open the overlay shopping cart, and crash (at least not stealing my money).

I switched to public for five minutes and was able to buy credits.

I have my overlay on and it is set to public. I had to exit out of hte game and reload and then it would let me buy the credits. More bugs, I guess.

I suppose with the Terminid Control System up and running more people are moving to the Bot frontlines to fight on Draupnir? It's quickly becoming Hell Scotland and I can't unlock the personal shield soon enough to survive teammate mortar strikes.

Vanilla Bison
Mar 27, 2010

Eediot Jedi posted:

Hopefully some bug players will migrate and we can finally get off Draupni-ahahahaha

someday I will be able to escape the exploding fart pods ragdolling me through every fight

someday

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Randal posted:

I've met not even five players with functional mics. And for some reason playstation users will broadcast the game from their television on open mic
It's because playstation controllers come with built-in microphones that are incredibly dogshit and seemingly have no filtering, and playstation players are somehow collectively ignorant of this

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

Basic Chunnel posted:

The only time I saw this a guy killed my higher level buddy then took his gear, then we killed him because there was two.of us. Even most games with randoms everyone is pretty chill. I play level 7 though and I hear it's rougher at lower levels. People who know what they're doing can run whatever they want on 7, people who are bad at the game stress about loadouts.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I've luckily only run in to one playstation mic user. They were clearly playing with a roommate and yelling back and forth at each other from across a hall or something, I only got the one side of the conversation with the tv game volume turned way up.

It was pretty funny for about half a minute and then I had to mute them.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

LazyMaybe posted:

It's because playstation controllers come with built-in microphones that are incredibly dogshit and seemingly have no filtering, and playstation players are somehow collectively ignorant of this

it's so loving bad. so many gross mouth noises

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

I got the "major order complete" notification immediately after finishing a Terminid Control System mission on Erata Prime. I did my part.

Randal
Apr 20, 2016

not adding value on SA one post at a time

LazyMaybe posted:

Goddamn

turn off the TV posted:

it's so loving bad. so many gross mouth noises

Had one player whose mic would activate at that little windup to his cough

Randal fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Mar 16, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Arc Hammer posted:

/