Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: BAGS FLY AT NOON)
Are you a rad suburban dad
No im a city slicker
yes i am a rad suburban dad
goku
Derpies Tuglord
View Results

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Not to take away from your loss but I did want to say I fixed a longstanding household annoyance with some custom parts I made and printed out on the 3D printer the BiL (primo Uncle) dropped on my at Christmas. There’s “handy” and then there’s “I made a bespoke thing out of largely nothing and corn starch”. Feels drat near perverse how good it feels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fatrick
Jul 19, 2003

*Jumping Peppers!* *Enjoy the Sauce!*
Awful news. My condolences to you and your partner

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I dream about this situation every day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Fw7bZoPyVU

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
Dual Roombas on brand new carpet laid just minutes ago is a once in a lifetime event!

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Can you make them battle in any entertaining capacity?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I only want roombas if I can train the cats to each ride on one and slap at each other as they pass by.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Are they named Roomba and RoombB ?

:dadjoke:

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I asked my toddler where her knees were and she punched me in the balls so hard I was gasping for breath

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Kid has some promise

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

I showed my daughters the King Of The Hill episode where Bobby kicks everyone in the nuts, I'm not sending them out into the world unprepared.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Professor Shark posted:

I asked my toddler where her knees were and she punched me in the balls so hard I was gasping for breath

It’s partially where her knees came from so in a way she was correct and justified in her answer :colbert:

sock it to me!
Feb 7, 2010
My 10 y/o daughter sucker punched me in the gut so hard it knocked the wind out of me. These little girls are savage!

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
My kids don't ever hit me and it's really cool.

I see other dads who raised their kids with a play-fighting type exposure and some of those now-seven-year-olds are just swinging fists at their dads as a "game".

No thanks.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

neato burrito posted:

I showed my daughters the King Of The Hill episode where Bobby kicks everyone in the nuts, I'm not sending them out into the world unprepared.

Dusty old bones, full of green dust

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Warbird posted:

Kid has some promise

Yeah I’m really proud of her for getting one in on the old man

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I’ve never play fought with my kids and the older two (boy and girl) never hit me but the younger one thinks it’s hilarious to just speed bag my butt whenever she has the chance. She has learned no nut shots though.

I swear she is learning all sorts of violent behaviours from kindergarten because the kids she is in there with are positively feral. Must be a pandemic thing (limited socialization at specific years), every week there is some new disaster like a kid mooning an assembly or attempting to flush his pinney down the toilet. K was not like this for the other two! (Same teacher too)

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Friday night and the 271st viewing of Encanto at the Hollywood Bowl.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

In n out for lunch cause he just turned 9 months old

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

We’re in the middle of a blizzard and the power is out. My daughter is watching Cocomelon on the iPad (I Power Dadded today and charged all the power banks and devices) like nothing is happening.

Jealous of you and your kids hamburgers and little hats- happy 9 months!

Edit: Emergency Bag and cupboard working out great, always good to be prepared!

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Our new Leader

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VL9e64Vx4WQ

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Important day, fellas, hope you have your poo poo together. Thankfully my wife is low maintenance, all she wants is flowers and not even roses.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I painted a card and made a poem for the inside

Wife is mad because I shaved my beard. It was getting itchy!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I got mine coffee and a fritter after dropping the kids off and handed it to her as she got in the car to go to work so I’m all good.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I got my wife a pink turtleneck I thought she would like

This morning she was wearing a pink turtleneck I bought her a while back and totally forgot about

Hopefully the chocolate will keep me covered though

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Mrs. Bird hails from a part of the planet that doesn’t really do V day so my marching orders are to get flowers but to like wait a week or so until prices go down so we get a better value for the money. Smart lady. Married me, but generally intelligent otherwise.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I bought some Stirling beard oils last night, which apparently will help with the itching from growing out a beard.

I told her I’d grow it for a few months but it was going by the time the warm weather hit.

I am become Beard Dad.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

My wife bought me a Ryobi 18v chainsaw that goes with my pile of other battery powered tools. I’m taking her to the Lilly Pulitzer store to buy some ridiculously expensive dresses and going to the Brazilian grill restaurant on Sunday.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Professor Shark posted:

I bought some Stirling beard oils last night, which apparently will help with the itching from growing out a beard.

I told her I’d grow it for a few months but it was going by the time the warm weather hit.

I am become Beard Dad.

I was going to shave my beard off and my wife told me that I look like "older" with it. I think she's basically saying that I look like a little kid without it. Fair.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Got some really good snow for sledding and the kids are big enough now so we finally went to the biggest hill in the area.

Turns out the snow was packed smooth enough that two of them could make it all the way under and past the wooden fence separating the runout area from the road running through the rest of the park. And there was plenty of runout area.

Together with another trail off to the side that was narrow and curved, A+ danger levels to make sledding more fun.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Dad Update:

Took apart and cleaned the dishwasher this morning after having to spend the night sleeping in the floor bed with my daughter. She couldn’t settle. Woke up to her smiling and saying “Hi :)”.

Changing filters on HVAC, then making a G&T

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
At a Great Wolf lodge and you better believe I’m wearing the wolf ears. Tried to convince the kids that howling anywhere was encouraged but they didn’t bite.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Professor Shark posted:

Dad Update:

Took apart and cleaned the dishwasher this morning after having to spend the night sleeping in the floor bed with my daughter. She couldn’t settle. Woke up to her smiling and saying “Hi :)”.

Changing filters on HVAC, then making a G&T

My man G&T myself tonight, I earned a couple.

Picked up a second hand bed frame, set that up in the basement and set up our bed for my 6 year old kiddo. She was so jazzed.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Wife is on an overnight bachelorette party, so the kids and I are camping out in the back yard.

It was a lovely 60f and sunny so they played outside all afternoon using the tent and the playground.

Had them play bocce ball for the first time, they loved it.

Grilled out perfect ‘burgs. Had a roaring fire going all day too, I have plenty of wood to burn.

After dinner and once the sun was almost set, took all of the kids plus Pongo on a night time hike in the woods at a local park.

They are all tired so they are vegging out on some tv for a little bit. Once that’s done, get comfy in the tent and lights out.

devmd01 fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Mar 3, 2024

Fatrick
Jul 19, 2003

*Jumping Peppers!* *Enjoy the Sauce!*

devmd01 posted:

Wife is on an overnight bachelorette party, so the kids and I are camping out in the back yard.

It was a lovely 60f and sunny so they played outside all afternoon using the tent and the playground.

Had them play bocce ball for the first time, they loved it.

Grilled out perfect ‘burgs. Had a roaring fire going all day too, I have plenty of wood to burn.

After dinner and once the sun was almost set, took all of the kids plus Pongo on a night time hike in the woods at a local park.

They are all tired so they are vegging out on some tv for a little bit. Once that’s done, get comfy in the tent and lights out.

This is how you Dad

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Hot chocolate and an extra S’more right before bedtime, too.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Pro Dad

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
I took the stairs off the playground last year because the kids are big enough they don’t need it. Realized I had just enough treated lumber sitting around so I made a small tree platform for getting up to the obstacle slack line.

Still need to stain it to match the fence on a warmer day but it’s stable without having to screw into the tree. The platform is level, the tree is not.

devmd01 fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Mar 10, 2024

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

yep

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3BjzTQAd5E

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

An unkind reminder that I just dropped 3 bills at BJs and all it feels like I bought was water and school lunch snacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I’m debating not renewing my Costco membership because I kind of hate going there with the parking and the crowds. I could go at a later time but that’s not convenient either!!