Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
Because despite an absurd amount of communication there are still idiots who think that samples aren't shared.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
wow i can't believe we defeated the bugs forever

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
Seriously when are they gonna bring out the illuminate dammit

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

wow i can't believe we defeated the bugs forever

Go us!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Fire tornados are "interesting"

and the flamethrower desperately needs some kind of buff against hordes now that chargers can be EATed in the face

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Mar 16, 2024

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Used flamethrower for the first time, I was sort of happy with how it fared against chargers, and it was nice for crowd control, but I would also restrict mobility of my team because I'd just paint large swathes of land in fire, which would create difficult navigation. I'm only going to keep using it because of the personal objective to kill 100 things with it, but after it's completed, I don't think I'll use it again. The EAT is just better overall.

Are there plans for the devs to do a balance sweep of weapons? Because right now, a lot of those support weapons are lacklustre and it seems like there's only a small pool of go-to weapons everyone uses because they're just more effective.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
how is the railgun nowadays? does it kill chargers and bile spewers?

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!

Apple Craft posted:

Bit late, but on the subject of open mics... change the loving batteries in your smoke detectors.
Why is this apparently so common lol

Ravenfood posted:

I'm actually surprised we haven't seen more about elan in HD2. The idea that if soldiers just had more enthusiasm and verve they could overcome more meaningless things like "crippling absence of supply and communication lines" or "overlapping artillery and machine gun kill zones across broken fields" seems pretty on point for the SEAF.
I feel like this game has a good amount of that, but mostly through optional dialogue and pda's. Plus there's stuff like this:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Arc Hammer posted:

Love going for the daily mission to extract three times only for a teammate to orbital laser me and the 15 rare samples im carrying.

Had someone do that to themselves for reasons I can't even begin to comprehend

https://i.imgur.com/CBYt5RM.mp4

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

Apple Craft posted:

Bit late, but on the subject of open mics... change the loving batteries in your smoke detectors.

No, i'm too busy chewing loudly directly in front of an industrial fan

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

the same people who toss all their grenades and C4 at the last dwarf to reach the pod in DRG

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

Benagain posted:

Seriously when are they gonna bring out the illuminate dammit

my guess for this would be another premium warbond next month and then illuminates the month after, then they trickle out the destroyer upgrades and the remaining weapons and stratagems in the months after that

basically looking at datamines it looks like they've got about 6 months of post launch content ready to go, it's hard to know the order in which they'll release it though

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

Qubee posted:

Last night I was in a game that was hopeless. I was the last man standing with 10 minutes remaining and the shuttle not even called. Instead of wasting everyone's time with a definitive loss, I just called down every strategem available on top of myself, cooked a grenade, and let the bugs engulf me.

Entire group all wrote "For Democracy!" as I went out in a blaze of glory.

That's cool as hell.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

turn off the TV posted:

i assume that this event was to introduce the flying bugs so this is probably next

https://i.imgur.com/gOhwNlM.png

this is cool as gently caress but would appreciate having leaks not inlined as the surprise is part of the fun, at least for me :shobon:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Psykmoe posted:

Steeled Veteran Warbond had the same thing. Two statistically identical but legally distinct variants of medium armor with +throw distance/50% limb injury resistance, and a heavy version of same on the third page. The light armor with that perk is in the super credit store rotation. Maybe a heavy arc armor variant will show up there eventually? :shrug:

I'm all for fashion souls or whatever, so I don't object to identical stats with different looks, I just would have preferred to get 3 different armor weights in the premium warbonds and put the duplicates in the super credit store. The heavy servo assisted armor in the first premium warbond has another, distinct looking copy in the super credit store that I prefer, for example.

Ultimate QoL option: transmog.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
apparently the global K:D across all players is 4:1

mine is 53:1 so i weep at all the people who must be 4:1 or worse

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

turn off the TV posted:

i assume that this event was to introduce the flying bugs so this is probably next

Please spoiler unreleased content

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Spookydonut posted:

Are you sure you don't mean 40:1? helldivers.io has about 4 billion kills and 100 million deaths

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Spookydonut posted:

it's me, I've died seven hundred billion times

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

ijyt posted:

this is cool as gently caress but would appreciate having leaks not inlined as the surprise is part of the fun, at least for me :shobon:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Please spoiler unreleased content

i will post pre-release store page screenshots uploaded by arrowhead inline and there is nothing you can do to stop me

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I turned off crossplay so I didn't have to deal with console players and their love of open mics they bought for 10 dollars in 2006

Rectal Death Alert
Apr 2, 2021

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

No, i'm too busy chewing loudly directly in front of an industrial fan

I'm eating the world's saltiest potato chips directly into my microphone. They are so salty I need to smack my mouth constantly.

Also I'm the host and will kick anyone that doesn't listen to my orders.

No I will never not be eating chips.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Ihmemies posted:

Also why games feel like they descend into madness unless I bring a GL with an ammo backpack? Somehow teammates always generate more bugs&robots than they can deal with, and GL kills everything efficiently except hulks/chargers and tanks/bile titans.

The heavily armoured enemies don’t seem to be a problem for teams, but out of control amount of fodder are if you can’t kill them fast enough. And GL fits the job perfectly, wiping out any amount of trash mobs.

Because most players tend towards the meta of AC/railgun. If those are peanut butter then grenade launchers are the jelly. They're complimentary and lacking at least one or the other leads to unbalanced team load outs usually.

I think this is more true on bugs than robots. GL is still good against robots but not quite as good.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

These drat kids with their open mics and rock tumblers. Vaguely sure the first day I was playing some guy was negotiating fellatio on the other end.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

My favorite open mic moment was a bro who was talking to his bro in the room over.
“Dude this game is sick.”
“What you doin later”
“Oh poo poo look at this”
“Yeah I’ll hit you guys up later”
“Yeah I kept seeing clips of this game on my TikTok had to get it looked so fuckin sick”

His open mic convo got another pubbie bro to chime in
“Yo bro this was on my TikTok too I kept seeing it looked hella fun so I bought it”
“Hell yeah bro”

Just two Cadet bros broing out about TikTok and killing bugs. Then Bro #2 couldn’t figure out how to work the map and we never made it into the next mission and our lovable group of open mic idiots disbanded.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
We have successfully recreated late 2000s college dorms through first principles.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

How do you deal with chargers besides using EATs? I always feel kinda helpless when they show up unless I've got them. They move around enough that it seems really tough to hit them with airstrikes, and the only other option seems to be bringing a similarly-limited support weapon like the Spear or RR.

My usual loadout for anything higher than a 4 has been EAT, laser or shield backpack, and two airstrike-type stratagems, and I'm finding it really hard to break away from it.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

turn off the TV posted:

i will post pre-release store page screenshots uploaded by arrowhead inline and there is nothing you can do to stop me

or, and stick with me here, u could be normal

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Qubee posted:

I use Eagle Cluster Bomb on bug nests and it'll eradicate most - if not all - bug holes. I love it for bug nests, it's completed before we even set foot inside. For egg missions where you gotta go destroy those big egg bases, it's hit or miss because of the geometry of the surrounding landscape. I used to use grenade launcher but I found it underwhelming for killing armoured bugs so I prefer running with an EAT.

The flamethrower will happily chew through armored bugs other than the Bile Titan while giving you reasonable horde clear. It'll also burn out egg clusters nicely. It's not as mobile as the grenade launcher, but it puts in good work once you've got a feel for it.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Just had my worst game. The other members of the group just kept fighting and dying on the final objective, leaving me to try and do the connected objectives to try and activate that one alone. Which I was not capable of doing by myself, and rather then helping me whenever one of them died and I summoned them at the objective area they would take the 2 minute walk back to the inactive objective.

After summoning me to the inactive objective after I died, I asked why they kept coming back there, only to get blown up by one of their stratagems. Right after the game crashed so I didn't even get anything out the objectives I did do, so it was a bunch of pointless running around.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

turn off the TV posted:

it's actually very easy to block people here thanks and gently caress off

Qubee
May 31, 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

Just had my worst game. The other members of the group just kept fighting and dying on the final objective, leaving me to try and do the connected objectives to try and activate that one alone. Which I was not capable of doing by myself, and rather then helping me whenever one of them died and I summoned them at the objective area they would take the 2 minute walk back to the inactive objective.

After summoning me to the inactive objective after I died, I asked why they kept coming back there, only to get blown up by one of their stratagems. Right after the game crashed so I didn't even get anything out the objectives I did do, so it was a bunch of pointless running around.

There is a moment of clarity that awakens in all of us once enough games have been played. Unfortunately, I too was one of these brainless players that would fight on inactive objectives just because there were enemies present. I would also keep pushing back towards it because I thought fighting = good and I had to eradicate them all to do a proper job of it. I've since realised it's stupid and you can complete an objective and just run away from the enemy and that's always the best play.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Hwurmp posted:

the same people who toss all their grenades and C4 at the last dwarf to reach the pod in DRG
i do it for the cinematic explosive outro damnit :colbert:

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
What is the hell is the Blitzer Arc Shotgun supposed to be for? It feels absolutely terrible, slower racking than the punisher and with lower damage per shot. I couldn't keep up and eventully just switched to the machine pistol.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Ciaphas posted:

i do it for the cinematic explosive outro damnit :colbert:

Bomb the bots/bugs for your explosive outro, not our Personal Savior, Pelican-1.

Slyphic
Oct 12, 2021

All we do is walk around believing birds!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Oh, I know exactly what happened there. That dude wanted to the whole "dropship takes off amid explosive backdrop" but they haven't adapted to the reduced call-down ship upgrade yet.

It's real stupid, and I've seen it more than a few times now.

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

I'm almost at the point where I'm willing to kick any pubbie who takes mortar sentry. Almost.

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!
After trying the laser pistol for a bit I gotta say I'm not a fan. I'm sure it's actually well balanced around its potentially unlimited ammo (though your dps would be terrible if you played around it) but ammo economy is not really a thing I look for in a sidearm and its lack of burst damage made me miss the Redeemer a whole lot whenever I pulled it out. Plus it has the stupid triangle crosshair thing that makes third person aiming harder for no reason.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Phenotype posted:

How do you deal with chargers besides using EATs? I always feel kinda helpless when they show up unless I've got them. They move around enough that it seems really tough to hit them with airstrikes, and the only other option seems to be bringing a similarly-limited support weapon like the Spear or RR.

My usual loadout for anything higher than a 4 has been EAT, laser or shield backpack, and two airstrike-type stratagems, and I'm finding it really hard to break away from it.
There's a few weapons that are good for them but also if you get used to it, hitting them with 500kgs is consistent.
You ready the strat, then throw it a short distance behind them right after they miss a charge. Them turning around and starting to move towards you again gives it time to land and go off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boz
Oct 16, 2005

LazyMaybe posted:

There's a few weapons that are good for them but also if you get used to it, hitting them with 500kgs is consistent.
You ready the strat, then throw it a short distance behind them right after they miss a charge. Them turning around and starting to move towards you again gives it time to land and go off.

This is even easier now if you use the new stun grenades