Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I love the story of Stephen Jones having to rip the draft card with Manziel's name on it out of Jerruh's hand

Even though it's probably heavily exaggerated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/mike_e_kaye/status/1768805681170104415?t=bjSN_NFbvw8RxBNnl5ohjQ&s=19

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Not sure if this is a real source but:

https://twitter.com/sheena_marie3/status/1768816123829428543?s=46&t=Q9JsEynxHxZ9F2lOwU2Uuw

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
^edit: she's a legit source for Panthers news; she's broken a couple of signings this week

SirPablo posted:

How is this guy?

The Bears played three awful centers last year and Feeney was the worst one / only got used as a last resort, so not great

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Your new QB1, whatever weapons or defensive starters would all be on rookie contracts. There is a $100mil dead cap over the next two years, but after that, you can make it rain on free agents.

I thought you couldn't post june 1st designate trades, isn't that the only way to spread the hit?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

A Sneaker Broker posted:

What if...and hear me out here.

Pick 11
Pick 23
2025 3rd

For Justin Herbert. The Vikings get their guy. The Chargers can rebuild completely.

Lmao no

If you threw in the 2025 first and second I’m still keeping Herbie.

He’s a 26 year old saiyan-level elite QB, for Pete’s sake!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

I thought you couldn't post june 1st designate trades, isn't that the only way to spread the hit?

also why would you eat $100m in dead money even if you can spread it over two years to dump a proven elite QB just to get a mid and late first round pick

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Pick 11
Pick 23
2025 3rd

For Justin Herbert. The Vikings get their guy. The Chargers can rebuild completely.

There are only like 7 teams in the league who are happy with who their QB is. Finding a good QB is, hands down, the hardest thing to do in the NFL. why would you give that up for 3 picks, thats insane.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

IcePhoenix posted:

You can’t, that whole post is stupid.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Mike N Eich posted:

There are only like 7 teams in the league who are happy with who their QB is. Finding a good QB is, hands down, the hardest thing to do in the NFL. why would you give that up for 3 picks, thats insane.

giving up justin herbert for a worse return than post-massage parlor deshaun

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

There were way better teams for Harbaugh to go to if he wanted to build a franchise from the ground up. Such as, you know, the franchise currently holding the #1 overall pick.

Trading Herbert just doesn't make any sense at all.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Van Jefferson was Not Good last year.

Yeah but who knows what actual potential anyone on that falcons team had.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Jets and Panthers competing for both Williams and Clowney it seems.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Clowney on the Jets :stonk:

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Clowney will play more snaps for the Jets than Aaron.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Thats not saying a lot, but yeah.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Yet less VP nominations.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Nooooo he was supposed to come home.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

The weapon is a used paper towel roll, but you could hit someone with it I guess.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
Justin Herbert has (probably) sexually assaulted zero people to Watson's 24. He'd take way more to trade for.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Not sure if this source counts as a broken story or a rumor.

https://twitter.com/thedestinadams/status/1768961572230082935?s=61&t=5XhQ3IY0TKf9sLs_Mzh2Lw

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Pick 11
Pick 23
2025 3rd

Did you think posting this in three threads would result in at least one person thinking it would actually be plausible?

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
I’m really curious what the Chiefs would plan to do with that 20 million in cap space, if they move off Sneed. Get draft capital back for him instead of nothing is smart but the threepeat!

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Who knows. I’d be very surprised if a 3rd got it done but I’ve found out time and again that I know nothing.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Appears bullshit anyways.

https://twitter.com/holderstephen/status/1768992276510818779?s=46

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/DMRussini/status/1769004275265347961?s=20

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

The Texans are going for it, as they should be. They might be the second best team in the AFC on paper, and they have a better roster than the Chiefs outside of, you know, Patrick Mahomes.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Wow drat. I'm not sure how they would have made it work cap wise but from a fan perspective that would've been amazing

Professor Funk posted:

The Texans are going for it, as they should be. They might be the second best team in the AFC on paper, and they have a better roster than the Chiefs outside of, you know, Patrick Mahomes.

They still have a lot to prove before I'd go that far. Ravens and Chiefs are both ahead of them until proven otherwise, maybe the Bills but who knows with all the players they hemmhoraged this offseason

This is still a team that lost to the Panthers last year

Intruder fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Mar 16, 2024

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!

Professor Funk posted:

The Chiefs defense was/is the best unit in football and I’m not sure anyone else is close as long as Sneed is still on the team.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Intruder posted:

This is still a team that lost to the Panthers last year

Every year every team has inexplicable losses in the regular season that don't mean a thing in the end. Like the 2022 Superbowl winning Chiefs lost to the eventual 4-12-1 Colts. The 2021 Bills that were 13 seconds away from the AFC Championship game lost to the 3-14 Jags.

Gully Foyle fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Mar 16, 2024

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

Professor Funk posted:

I would have to disagree with that assessment. Better at WR and maybe RB with Mixon now. I don't know much about the tackles for the Texans, but I'll assume they're better there. After that, though, uh... They are certainly worse at TE, IOL, and most defensive positions. The Texans aren't too far behind on defensive talent, but the Chiefs have a couple guys with a legit claim to literally the best player in the league at their positions. Chiefs also have a huge advantage at kicker, which is super important in close games.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Blind Pineapple posted:

I would have to disagree with that assessment. Better at WR and maybe RB with Mixon now. I don't know much about the tackles for the Texans, but I'll assume they're better there. After that, though, uh... They are certainly worse at TE, IOL, and most defensive positions. The Texans aren't too far behind on defensive talent, but the Chiefs have a couple guys with a legit claim to literally the best player in the league at their positions. Chiefs also have a huge advantage at kicker, which is super important in close games.

The Texans have a better OL than the Chiefs do by a pretty good margin and even the Chiefs good OL are kinda old. Tunsil is the best OL on either team.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Professor Funk posted:

I agree that the Chiefs are underdogs

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Midnightghoul posted:

oh no here comes the threepeat

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Blind Pineapple posted:

The chiefs lucking into Butker for free cause the Panthers are dumb is highly annoying

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I wouldn't say there's a huge gulf between Butker and Fairbairn at this point. Fairbairn has improved significantly over the last few years

e: granted Butker has been great for longer and kickers can be fungible

Intruder fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Mar 16, 2024

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

The337th posted:

oh no here comes the threepeat

One of the Chiefs needs to start dating a Kardashian, it's the only possible distraction that could stop the underdogs from winning another Superbowl

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Pick 11
Pick 23
2025 3rd

All of that is not half as valuable as Justin Herbert even leaving aside that it forces them to tear the team down to the studs because of the dead cap hit. Any GM who agreed to that should be taken out behind the stadium and shot

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Even if you are giving picks for the right to pay him a lot, I doubt Sneed doesn't fetch more than a 3rd, dude should've been an all-pro last season and has a great career

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Midnightghoul posted:

Been saying this