Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Shumagorath posted:

buttcoin: Note: these are all random probably bad ideas that aren't vetted; CONFIDENTIAL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Shame Boy posted:

oh man please find a way to still try to go head to head with matt levine

:pray:

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Boxturret posted:

does he know that you can do things not online

like you don't have to put your plans for once your crimes are found out in the cloud, you could just have them on a piece of paper you can easily eat or burn when the police show up, or maybe not ever write it down and just use that giant head of yours to remember 12 things

holding them in his head could work except every time he takes his shirt completely off to re-apply the doctor prescribed meth patches he loses 1 or 2

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

AnoHito posted:

i like how

:hmmyes:

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

is he not already "extremely pro crypto"? what would that look like

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Make that 4000 to 5000 years simply for mentioning Fucker.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Wonder how the ultra-lib parents are feeling about lil sammy putting "support the GOP, go on Carlson" down as the 3rd or 4th idea. The top idea if we toss out "ah but, if not for those darned lawyers, shucks" variations.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

There’s so much you could say about all these individual points but the one thing I come away from this whole document thinking is: Wow, he will never ever stop thinking the problem is that he wasn’t given another opportunity to talk his way out of this.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Ariong posted:

There’s so much you could say about all these individual points but the one thing I come away from this whole document thinking is: Wow, he will never ever stop thinking the problem is that he wasn’t given another opportunity to talk his way out of this.

if he can explain himself, he'll get out of jail.

he's still going to jail

therefore, he's not being allowed to explain himself properly.

dude's the main character of a story nobody wants to read.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
you are not thinking properly like Sam

if he can explain himself properly, not only will he avoid jail, he will be put back as CEO in a newly restarted FTX and will give 1000% returns to everyone who used FTX

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Neito posted:

if he can explain himself, he'll get out of jail.

he's still going to jail

therefore, he's not being allowed to explain himself properly.

dude's the main character of a story nobody wants to read.

yeah this one specifically lol

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

kalensc posted:

Wonder how the ultra-lib parents are feeling about lil sammy putting "support the GOP, go on Carlson" down as the 3rd or 4th idea. The top idea if we toss out "ah but, if not for those darned lawyers, shucks" variations.

i think your problem here is assuming that they would not throw all of their beliefs out of the window in order to remain super rich (like their son)

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Shumagorath posted:

lol if you think sbf has any short-term memory left after doing Lemmy amounts of speed with his entirely bitchmade constitution

:emptyquote:

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

we learned his memory is shot during his cross-examination when he said "I don't recall" 140 times.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Mercury_Storm posted:

yeah this one specifically lol

objection, why is sammy wearing a suit jacket and not just his iconic ill fitting tshirt

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Trillhouse posted:

we learned his memory is shot during his cross-examination when he said "I don't recall" 140 times.

the number one cause of memory loss in the united states today is being asked questions by opposing counsel.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
buttcoin:

Mr. Nice! posted:

the number one cause of memory loss ... is being asked questions by opposing counsel.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Mr. Nice! posted:

the number one cause of memory loss in the united states today is being asked questions by opposing counsel.

my favorite ones were when he didn't recall things he testified about a few hours earlier during direct.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

they'll find a google doc that says "take a brain melting quantity of drugs so if i ever go to court i can say i don't remember anything"

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Boxturret posted:

they'll find a google doc that says "take a brain melting quantity of drugs so if i ever go to court i can say i don't remember anything"
Fact 1: Changpeng Z killed my exchange

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Shumagorath posted:

Fact 1: Changpeng Z killed my exchange

lol

Boxturret posted:

I don't know anything about law, but i still think "i was an addict being fed drugs by a quack doctor and my addiction made me make a lot of bad decisions" would have been a way better, more believable defense. but that would require sam to admit to doing something wrong.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

knox_harrington posted:

is he not already "extremely pro crypto"? what would that look like

he had previously publically been like crypto-moderate. "it's an interesting space with lots of potential but it can be the Wild West out there, which is why we need regulation and why we built FTX, the safe way to get invested in crypto" so i assume this would be "gently caress the sec degen diamond hodl doge to a dollar"

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

i think your problem here is assuming that they would not throw all of their beliefs out of the window in order to remain super rich (like their son)

This. His father's sole principle these days are "have all the money," and his mother's has always been that personal responsibility for anything is impossible. Plus money.

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG
'pretend to be super remorseful' isn't on this list, so can we really say whether his remorse is sincere?

yes

we can

its not

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
REMORSE
LESS
BANKMAN

JAnon
Jul 16, 2023

VERY CONFIDENTIAL IDEAS (may or maynot be good. probably good)

- become a grifter
- go on Tucker Carlson program and whine about lé wokeismé or whatever
- lie about actual beliefs re: chapter 11 team

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

big fan of the "those lawyers are making too much money!!" argument in general, unlike our reasonably priced counsel who helped us commit the crimes in the first place

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

- Steal money
- Lie
- Get caught
- Lie some more
- Play victim
- ????
- profit!

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
im really enjoying the combination of "this is all the fault of the woke agenda" and "when you think about it the sec are colonizers"

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

are either of those things false though :thunk:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

shackleford posted:

big fan of the "those lawyers are making too much money!!" argument in general, unlike our reasonably priced counsel who helped us commit the crimes in the first place

they're the same people

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021

extremely funny that a matt levine interview as suggested here was used in court as evidence

...!
Oct 5, 2003

sbfcoin

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

...! posted:

sbfcoin

legal tender for all shrimp public and private

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Pink Mist posted:

extremely funny that a matt levine interview as suggested here was used in court as evidence

the last interview collapsed the entire crypto ecosystem so another one would have to have the opposite effect. that's how statistics works.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Very tender. Not very legal.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

FAUXTON posted:

legal tender for all shrimp public and private

:hmmyes:

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Paladinus posted:

Very tender. Not very legal.

???

"tender legal coin" wouldn't lie to me

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Grace Baiting posted:

???

"tender legal coin" wouldn't lie to me

i'm tender legal coin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013