Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

FirstnameLastname posted:

i love vince staples

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Malleum posted:

i refuse to listen to a dub unless you can hear the original voices under it because the dubbing company didnt know how to separate audio tracks and didnt have the budget to hire someone who did

that’s actually what the original Japanese audio was like, you just didn’t notice because of the language gap

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

hand cupped over my cartoon audio like a submarine guy listening for depth charges, grinding my teeth to dust

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

MLKQUOTEMACHINE posted:

One Piece's english VO work is goated, plus there are over 1000 episodes. It's the only anime you need to watch other than Legend of Galactic Heroes

Lol no. I do agree about LoGH bu5 gently caress why isn't it on any of the streaming apps. Only the new one from what I've seen.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

KirbyKhan posted:

I love Yu Yu Hakusho and long rear end video essays

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEFiYJMCxyo

I immediately bounced 20 seconds after the dude congratulated his own delivery. I'm good.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Shageletic posted:

Lol no. I do agree about LoGH bu5 gently caress why isn't it on any of the streaming apps. Only the new one from what I've seen.

I think it's exclusively streamed through the publishing company last I checked

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

loving sucks.

I'm a little obsessive so I decided to go thru Crunchyroll's offerings by genre, alphabetically. Like every one that looks interesting. Only just finished the fantasy section. My verdict? Iskeai is a wasteland for bad anime though the few that are good are like catnip to me. Mostly because the ones that are a commentary on the evils of capitalism.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I liked the my uncle from a magic land one from netflix

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Buck Wildman posted:

hand cupped over my cartoon audio like a submarine guy listening for depth charges, grinding my teeth to dust

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yI1shA7NVs

*straining to smile* yep this sounds perfectly fine, not at all like they recorded the song on a cellphone in a public restroom *coughing up blood* what do you mean the Japanese version didn’t sound like that, I’d never have guessed in a million years

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I lol'd at the random circus clown in the audience

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

you're angry about the voicework in dragonball z? loving lol

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

my favorite part of that clip was that nobody spoke a word until halfway through

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

what do you want to bet that toriyamas notes for this scene were just i dont care who wins or how but check out this clown i drew i want you to put the clown in the audience shot

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Buck Wildman posted:

you're angry about the voicework in dragonball z? loving lol

nah the modern DBZ dub is mostly good it’s just really obvious when there are production issues.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Buck Wildman posted:

my favorite part of that clip was that nobody spoke a word until halfway through

oh wait did you not notice that there’s a guy singing in the background? I forgive you if you didn’t since the mixing sounds like he was standing on the other side of the room from the mic

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Some Guy TT posted:

what do you want to bet that toriyamas notes for this scene were just i dont care who wins or how but check out this clown i drew i want you to put the clown in the audience shot

hell yeah rip to a real one

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Augus posted:

oh wait did you not notice that there’s a guy singing in the background? I forgive you if you didn’t since the mixing sounds like he was standing on the other side of the room from the mic

you crack me up

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009

indigi posted:

I just finished The Shadow of the Torturer (part 1 of Book of the New Sun) and my main question is: does the narrator ever explain why they spell it "Urth"

Yes, if you like puns that require multiple languages to work.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Some Guy TT posted:

The clown is God by the way.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Buck Wildman posted:

I liked the my uncle from a magic land one from netflix

Yeah that's cool. Another good one is the Handyman one. Also delicious indungeon is turning out pretty well

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

the delicious in dungeon dub is way better than the sub. sorry

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

nuff said

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

indigi posted:

I just finished The Shadow of the Torturer (part 1 of Book of the New Sun) and my main question is: does the narrator ever explain why they spell it "Urth"

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Buck Wildman posted:

you crack me up

sir please there is no need to yell I’m trying to talk about dragon ball

Bro Dad posted:

the delicious in dungeon dub is way better than the sub. sorry

Emily Rudd ftw.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I do have a working hypothesis for why it is that way but this isn't d&d, I won't force my views upon you

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

anyway I'm watching season 3 of true detective while working. it turns out it's rich pedophiles again, three for three

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Do you watch foreign films like Mostly Martha with the dub or subtitles?

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I've never watched mostly martha so I couldn't tell you

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

is it good

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Do you watch foreign films like Mostly Martha with the dub or subtitles?

i just make my own subtitles

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Cuttlefush posted:

i just make my own subtitles

there's nothing quite like crafting something with your own hands

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
i only watch dbz subbed because grandma goku ftw

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Regarde Aduck posted:

i only watch dbz subbed because grandma goku ftw

the first valid reason I've heard all day

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

does this thread need an ik?

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

ArmedZombie posted:

does this thread need an ik?

yes

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

there are too many weebs tt needs the light of God shone upon it

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

make Prof. Beetus ik bc I like their av

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

i've come from the future to tell you all we have to stop party rock before it returns
Thank you Clown God