Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i think the price is less an indictment of fields and more the fact that the bears have zero leverage in asking for more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

It’s a 4th if he plays 51% of the Steelers snaps.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

trade salvaged

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Zack Wilson about to be traded to the Winnipeg Blue Bombers for a case of Molson.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

kidcoelacanth posted:

i think the price is less an indictment of fields and more the fact that the bears have zero leverage in asking for more

No its 100% an indictment on the bad player

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

kidcoelacanth posted:

It’s also an indictment of Fields.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Like everyone expected, Mac Jones was worth more than Fields

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Omega brain Steelers signed Russ to plummet Fields' value.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Harlock posted:

Omega brain Steelers signed Russ to plummet Fields' value.

imagine putting in effort to plummet fields's value

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/statmusenfl/status/1769135364856230291

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

kidcoelacanth posted:

The fact that only 1 team was interested is absolutely an indictment of Fields.

He’s an expensive 1 year backup, same as Zach Wilson. No one wants that poo poo.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The first time i might make a sports bet in my life will be the game when Fields plays the Bears.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Diva Cupcake posted:

The fact that only 1 team was interested is absolutely an indictment of Fields.

He’s an expensive 1 year backup, same as Zach Wilson. No one wants that poo poo.

3 million is an expensive backup?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Fields is good. The bears loving suck.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Justin Fields has always been bad actually and it’s not surprising at all that he didn’t fetch much in a trade

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

R.D. Mangles posted:

Fields sucks and the Bears suck

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
I can't fathom they couldn't get just a bit more. Like maybe some cash?

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Steelers new GM owns

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
This remains the best fake account

https://twitter.com/WesSteinberg/status/1769141302430486765?s=20

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

https://x.com/notjdaigle/status/1769138539931844860?s=46&t=LyazzCPH3hQ_fa9hCI7C-w

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I mean if you want to do that ledger.

Carolina Panthers Receive:
• Bryce Young

Chicago Bears Receive:
• Darnell Wright
• CB Tyrique Stevenson
• DJ Moore.
• Keenan Allen
• Caleb Williams
• 2025 2nd round pick

:shrug:

Win some you lose some, also man Justin was a QB with the production of like the 20th-25th ranked QB in the league.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

God, that Claypool trade has to be one of the most baffling decisions by an NFL team ever. The next best thing to a 1st round pick for a 1 year rental of at best a mid WR (and turned out even worse) for a team nowhere near ready to really compete.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Gully Foyle posted:

God, that Claypool trade has to be one of the most baffling decisions by an NFL team ever. The next best thing to a 1st round pick for a 1 year rental of at best a mid WR (and turned out even worse) for a team nowhere near ready to really compete.

I mean, there were other teams offering a second for Claypool, this was like pretty heavily reported at the time. The Packers were one team that were interested for a second for example. Bears won because the Steelers(correctly) guess the Bears would have the worst pick of the teams going for him.

Why he did it, was because I think Poles was tanking that year, was also doing draft prep, and saw how dire the WR draft was upcoming, and also realized that the recievers they had were not good enough to get a remotely decent evaluation on Fields in the middle of the season. So he wanted to jump the market, and traded for Claypool who he liked. Turns out Claypool was a headcase and hurt and didn't even play much that year, and then yeah was dire the next year in the lockerrom.

Poles went through the same process this past year and it worked out with Montez sweat, when everyone said "lmao chase young had da better PFF grade and San Fran got him for a 4th while the bears payed a second for Sweat"

You win some trades you lose some trades.

Poles has won 2 out of his 3 major trades, I'll take it.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Anybody thinking Caleb's fixing this poo poo overnight, best of luck. Add it to the pile https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Chicago_Bears_starting_quarterbacks https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/chi/career-passing.htm

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

The Broncos are so hosed on QB. Go BPA and tank the season for a shot next year I guess.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Gully Foyle posted:

It was a perfect storm of factors to make an awful decision look almost justifiable

-The WR market was at peak craziness (Christian Kirk had just signed an $18m contract, Green Bay was also offering a second for Claypool, Kadarius Toney got traded around the same time for a 3rd and a 6th despite having 41 career receptions)
-The Bears were desperate and devoid of offensive talent around Fields, who looked like he might be starting to develop bad habits because he was in such a bad environment
-Plus when the deal went down it looked like they might be regular bad instead of worst-in-the-league bad (3-5 at the time of the trade, 3-14 at the end of the season)
-The upcoming FA market for WRs was trash (headliners were OBJ and Jakobi Meyers)
-Steelers QB play was so awful that you could squint and convince yourself Claypool's slide into mediocrity wasn't his fault (He averaged 60 catches + 860 yards a year in his first two season with the corpse of Big Ben!)

I think since then people have realized that rookie WRs are hitting at a high enough rate that you don't need to pay a premium to acquire anyone at the position who isn't legitimately great

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

3 DONG HORSE posted:

The Broncos are so hosed on QB. Go BPA and tank the season for a shot next year I guess.

I'm shocked Taysom Hill isn't in a Denver uni already

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
I'm shocked Fields went for that little: I think he's def shown more juice than Kenny Pickett or Mac Jones (:lol: damning with faint praise there).

....The Jets are going to keep Zach Wilson, aren't they?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I don't think they can.

I mean the Jets know they're cursed, if they keep Wilson as the #3, no way do Rodgers and Tyrod avoid horrible injuries that lead to Zach starting half the season again.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Joe Douglas 100% wants to keep him.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Forrest on Fire posted:

I'm shocked Taysom Hill isn't in a Denver uni already

he can be if Payton pays up

but honestly, unless he gets a good return, why bother? Taysom was one of the legit bright spots of the season last year. Even though you KNOW what's coming when he's in, 9 times out of ten he's getting that 4-5 yards.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Joe Douglas 100% wants to keep him.

No way. Not at this point. Only reason he’s on the team still is no one has offered a future 7th pick swap yet.

They’ll have to release him soon enough.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

No way. Not at this point. Only reason he’s on the team still is no one has offered a future 7th pick swap yet.

They’ll have to release him soon enough.

Notice I said he "wants" to keep him...... I agree with you that they won't be able to because of the complete media shitshow that it would cause.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Kurgarra Queen posted:

I'm shocked Fields went for that little: I think he's def shown more juice than Kenny Pickett or Mac Jones (:lol: damning with faint praise there).

....The Jets are going to keep Zach Wilson, aren't they?

thinking of the 2022 game where Justin on a dogshit bears team absolutely balled out while Mac kicked a guy in the penis and then got benched for Zappe.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

It's funny that people are absolutely ball washing the Steelers for acquiring 2 bad QBs.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

mcmagic posted:

It's funny that people are absolutely ball washing the Steelers for acquiring 2 bad QBs.

They had three bad QBs before, and they got two new bad QBs but Denver is paying 99% of the salary and the other cost a 2025 6th rounder

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The Eagles should've gotten Fields for a 6. That always made the most sense to me.

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

mcmagic posted:

Oh no this is hilarious, but at the same time they're paying next to nothing for these two chumps so it's not like they're in the same situation as the Browns or Broncos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

FizFashizzle posted:

whyd they make bryce life sized in this graph

Fuckin lol