Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Miles Mikolas mom is in charge of orange slices for opening day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
With the rise of factory farming there are probably more gold farmers in Missouri than actual farmers.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Mikolas is a huge rear end in a top hat who regularly calls other players out and threw at Happ after Contreras got hit by former teammate.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

As a kid of a farming family, who married into another farming family, and dates in ANOTHER farming family and will be spending a large part of the summer on at least one of those farms, I hope the Dodgers absolutely shred this guy. Just obliterate every pitch he throws.

What a stupid fuckin thing to say.

E: I acknowledge that historically Mikolas has done okay against them, but now he's cursed. The Curse of the Farmer.

rickiep00h fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Mar 16, 2024

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

https://x.com/yesnetwork/status/1769134624154796463?s=46&t=EhzTvpa5Lh8bIAryRijIPQ

The coming of another large Yankee child is upon us

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

Mike_V posted:

Miles Mikolas mom is in charge of orange slices for opening day

lol

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Why yes I am excited for Cubs baseball

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Trade for MJ Melendez immediately

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Criminal Minded posted:

Breaking pitches are cowardly and unmanly, a real pitcher would just smoke it in there at 99-102 everytime

In the words of our greatest fictional baseball manager, never mind the curveball Ricky, give’em the heater!

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Seiya Suzuki is going to win co-MVP with Cody Bellinger of this I am certain

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo

Bring him to meeeeeee

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Good to see we’re setting expectations appropriately

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Why yes I am excited for Cubs baseball

Wow great preview of how every game is going to go

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

maffew buildings posted:

Wow great preview of how every game is going to go

Yan Gomes is definitely going to sock 324 dingers this season :hai:

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Miles Mikolas shut the gently caress up challenge

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
https://x.com/alainnfocail/status/1769227436871336013?s=46&t=qe_Y8YJnNikGLo_JUDPyAQ

We must protect Justin “Balls of” Steele at all costs

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Shota Imanaga 2.66 excuse me

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Kershaw 2.46 also rehabbing

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Poque posted:

Shota Imanaga 2.66 excuse me

bawfuls posted:

Kershaw 2.46 also rehabbing
The list is qualified MLB pitchers but I will allow both points to stand on the merits.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
include Shota or remove Ichiro from your Hit King conversation :colbert:

yes I will go to bat for our dude who has not pitched a single major league inning yet

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

same, I will happily go to bat for my cool new friend Shota Imanaga, at which point he will strike me out

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

maffew buildings posted:

same, I will happily go to bat for my cool new friend Shota Imanaga, at which point he will strike me out

this post is a home run given up by Shota Imanaga

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

I can’t pass up an opportunity to remind people that even broken down “over the hill” Kershaw still had a lower ERA than one of the Cy Young winners

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Poque posted:

include Shota or remove Ichiro from your Hit King conversation :colbert:

yes I will go to bat for our dude who has not pitched a single major league inning yet

https://twitter.com/Michael_Cerami/status/1769016099759140924

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Sydin posted:

The list is qualified MLB pitchers but I will allow both points to stand on the merits.

Max Fried also wouldn't qualify but had one very good half of a season and is back out there this year

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The Marlins may open with four lefty starters in the rotation potentially.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

FlamingLiberal posted:

The Marlins may open with four lefty starters in the rotation potentially.

Same with the Cubs (Steele, Shota, Wicks, Smyly) until Taillon's healthy.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

bawfuls posted:

I can’t pass up an opportunity to remind people that even broken down “over the hill” Kershaw still had a lower ERA than one of the Cy Young winners

maybe there will be another shortened season that coinicdes with the window he's not injured to get awarded for it, even

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

maffew buildings posted:

maybe there will be another shortened season that coinicdes with the window he's not injured to get awarded for it, even
man if only 3x Cy Young Award Winner and 1x NL MVP Clayton Kershaw could have the good fortune of a special short season so he could win some awards

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Roger Clemens (7x cy young, MVP, 2 rings) got shelled by the savannah bananas. what's Kershaw done lately

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

got shelled by the NL Champion Arizona Diamondbacks :smuggo:

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Tatsuta Age posted:

Roger Clemens (7x cy young, MVP, 2 rings) got shelled by the savannah bananas. what's Kershaw done lately

Um, actually .... he got shelled by the Party Animals while on the bump for the Savannah Bananas.

:neckbeard:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

It sounds like a Pete Alonso extension is not happening this season, and that he will likely be a FA this winter

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2024/03/mets-notes-davis-alonso-mcneil.html?utm_source=twitter

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

This is from Bob Nightengale so take it with a massive grain of salt, but if this is the asking price for Snell now then the Giants should sign him

quote:

The Houston Astros, who exchanged contract proposals this week for two-time Cy Young winner Blake Snell, now appear to be long-shots to sign him. They have balked at Snell’s asking price of at least a two-year guarantee for $60 million, including an opt-out after the 2024 season. The Astros’ biggest concern is that they will be over another luxury tax threshold if they pay Snell close to $30 million annually.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

that's an exceedingly reasonable deal for only 2 years, Crane cheap as gently caress

that's also in the realm where I'd expect Friedman to get interested

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
That's insanely cheap. If that's real every team should be in on Snell.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the chicago white sox have signed Tony Snell

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

LOL that deal has almost 0 downside for the Astros and they still don't want to do it

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Looks like Jackson Merrill played his way onto the major league roster. Fingers crossed he sticks, either as a CF or as a SS when Kim eventually signs with the Giants to play alongside Lee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Hi I'll take two-time Cy winner Blake Snell for 2/60 with an opt-out in the middle that he'll 100% exercise unless his arm spontaneously combusts for my team please and thank you.