Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

mcmagic posted:

The Eagles should've gotten Fields for a 6. That always made the most sense to me.

yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Rumblings are that because the return was so low, that Poles essentially let Justin pick where he wanted to go, and he chose the Steelers.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Little surprise Minnesota didn't kick the tyres, but then again maybe they did + rivals.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

BlindSite posted:

Little surprise Minnesota didn't kick the tyres, but then again maybe they did + rivals.

If I had to guess Minnesota is going to do some rebuilding unless the draft falls the way they like. Dunno if they're willing to shell out to get a top 3 QB this year.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I would expect that trades between division rivals are even rarer for quarterbacks than they are in general because neither side wants to take the chance of being the 'loser' in a deal involving the most important position in the sport.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Grozz Nuy posted:

I would expect that trades between division rivals are even rarer for quarterbacks than they are in general because neither side wants to take the chance of being the 'loser' in a deal involving the most important position in the sport.

Remember when Philly traded McNabb to Washington?

How certain must Philly have been that McNabb was washed

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Yeah its a good point. You don't want any player they'd be willing to trade lol.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Ya it was pretty funny that Washington thought they were outsmarting Andy Reid.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

mcmagic posted:

It's funny that people are absolutely ball washing the Steelers for acquiring 2 bad QBs.

They went from Mason Rudolph and Kenny Pickett to Russell Wilson and Justin Fields for $1.25 million and a 2025 6th.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

i’m sorry but the Steelers getting both Russell Wilson and Justin Fields for pennies is basically winning the off-season

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

It's an upgrade but lol if you think either of them are taking the steelers anywhere than a quick playoff exit at best. Which is the same as last year so :shrug:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I mean as a chiefs fan everybody’s playing for second in my mind but for quality players balanced against investment? What a ridiculous coup

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

It'd be funny if they move your team away

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I saw a clips of a fox News guy saying the Jets oline is so bad that Aaron rodgers is considering standing behind a Kennedy lol

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Just noticed that Justin Fields is 10th on the all time Bears passer list. Narrowly beating out a kicker on number 11.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Gonz posted:

Zack Wilson about to be traded to the Winnipeg Blue Bombers for a case of Molson.

feels like Winnipeg are giving up too much

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

SilvergunSuperman posted:

It's an upgrade but lol if you think either of them are taking the steelers anywhere than a quick playoff exit at best. Which is the same as last year so :shrug:

Mike Tomlin is actually immortal and this post will apply every year as the Steelers fail to ever overcome their own mediocrity.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I saw a clips of a fox News guy saying the Jets oline is so bad that Aaron rodgers is considering standing behind a Kennedy lol

Dude, what do you imagine RFK Jr and Aaron's conversations about the JFK and RFK assassinations are like?

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

a neat cape posted:

Remember when Philly traded McNabb to Washington?

How certain must Philly have been that McNabb was washed

He was washed from day 1 of the draft hth.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

kiimo posted:

I mean as a chiefs fan everybody’s playing for second in my mind but for quality players balanced against investment? What a ridiculous coup

As a Chiefs hater its hard to disagree with this. Bengals might be able to do it if Burrow stays healthy. Ravens have the people but failed miserably at actually doing it. Bills are doing at least a soft rebuild on defense and have the Bills luck anyways so no chance. If Stroud takes a further step forward and the offense stays healthy, the Texans might be a surprise upset potential though.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

russell wilson will do well on the steelers. they used to play like he used to play. both of them will get back to it. i'm the football observer

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://x.com/rapsheet/status/1769349979175317768?s=46

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
What's worse: being Fields where you can't beat a washed Russell for the starting job, or being Russell & losing the starting spot to a former Bears QB?

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Russell Wilson is still getting paid like 35 million dollars this season no matter what happens so Fields' situation is worse

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Grozz Nuy posted:

Russell Wilson is still getting paid like 35 million dollars this season no matter what happens so Fields' situation is worse

Yeah that plus Russ already has a full career and a ring. If he retires tomorrow it's still a successful career

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Despite injuries, despite Matt Canada - one the worst OCs in the nfl, and despite Kenny Pickett - one of the absolute worst starting QBs, the 2023 Steelers still went 10-7.

Despite their notable flaws, Wilson and Fields are still significant upgrades over Pickett.

Arthur Smith is a significant update over Matt Canada.

It seems entirely plausible that the Steelers could have equal/more wins in 2024 than in 2023, including a wild card playoff win.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

kiimo posted:

yeah but its like bragging you bought dog turds for pennies on the dollar. yeah you got a 'good deal' and the steelers dont really have any other options. no one else is available and there's no way they can trade up for anyone and the next tier of qbs in the draft don't feel like they're going anywhere either. its about as good an investment as they can possible make.

they're still dog poo poo.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

They could’ve paid Jimmy G like 30m

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/AB84/status/1769402041623797874

AB is a trump account now?!? lol

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Wild how Tyreek continues to skate on this poo poo

https://x.com/profootballtalk/status/1769390579379503351

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/tyreek-hill-domestic-violence-child-abuse-investigation/neqfn40200lt16ik2142ay772

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

We still hold some people who "only" had one incident to a higher standard than this dude who keeps repeatedly causing issues. It's wild.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Yeah but he's really good at football!

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Not sure if AB even knows tbqh

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

all she’d be getting is a portion of the inevitable mountain of debt he’s going to be in. This dude is going to be so broke, so fast when he’s done playing.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Gully Foyle posted:

As a Chiefs hater its hard to disagree with this. Bengals might be able to do it if Burrow stays healthy. Ravens have the people but failed miserably at actually doing it. Bills are doing at least a soft rebuild on defense and have the Bills luck anyways so no chance. If Stroud takes a further step forward and the offense stays healthy, the Texans might be a surprise upset potential though.

Before I finished reading this I thought I'm going to quote this and say Houston

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/tylermwebb/status/1769056177105535118?s=20

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

https://twitter.com/TheGhettoGronk/status/1769162715044421647

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Nobody but homers think this anything but a slight upgrade, and also just kicking the can down the road

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Borsche69 posted:

yeah but its like bragging you bought dog turds for pennies on the dollar. yeah you got a 'good deal' and the steelers dont really have any other options. no one else is available and there's no way they can trade up for anyone and the next tier of qbs in the draft don't feel like they're going anywhere either. its about as good an investment as they can possible make.

they're still dog poo poo.

Reminder that dog poo poo hasn't lost to the Ravens since 2018 lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm not reading this but it seems pretty disingenuous. Last I heard they are threatening to leave KC as in go from the Missouri side to the Kansas side like 15 minutes west, not like...move to Council Bluffs or something