Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

fuckin

drip irrigation as an oiling mechanism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Like a pressurized fuel rail, but instead of microprecision electronically controlled injectors, it has ... holes

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Data Graham posted:

Like a pressurized fuel rail, but instead of microprecision electronically controlled injectors, it has ... holes

Isn't that how pretty much all of engine internals get lubricated

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

idk holes sound more robust and reliable than microprecisionelectronically controlled injectors

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Cactus Ghost posted:

idk holes sound more robust and reliable than microprecisionelectronically controlled injectors

Honestly that post with your current custom title is...... either amazing or disturbing, not sure which

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

i said what i said

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Rigged Death Trap posted:

fuckin

drip irrigation as an oiling mechanism

That old BMW M10 engine is a complete champion but yeah that oil distribution scheme gave me headaches at times, to put it lightly.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

little ways back but that's probably both a testament to the forester and some amazing luck. the human factor makes it right thread but that's incredible that it kept running. i guess just because subarus have the intake on the passenger side and that was above water?

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

i'm the guy who took his pants off for no reason

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Catastrophe posted:

Yeah, the top end is fed by this. The banjo bolt gets oil pumped up through it that flows through this bar with a few holes stuck in it.

Fun fact: this idea and mechanism doesn't always work reliably. open your wallet.

Precision German engineering!

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Catastrophe posted:

That old BMW M10 engine is a complete champion but yeah that oil distribution scheme gave me headaches at times, to put it lightly.

Simple and it works... except when it doesn't :homebrew: Good ol M10

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Cactus Ghost posted:

little ways back but that's probably both a testament to the forester and some amazing luck. the human factor makes it right thread but that's incredible that it kept running. i guess just because subarus have the intake on the passenger side and that was above water?
Had to look it up since I'm not a subaru guy but yeah looks like they just got super lucky:

opengl posted:

i'm the guy who took his pants off for no reason
Why would you need a reason?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Cactus Ghost posted:

The stock intake comes over the radiator right side so yeah they got real lucky.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

This belongs in both threads imo but on visual alone I'm slotting it in this one. It owns the dude made this but it's an ugly little poo poo.

https://twitter.com/quillerrees/status/1769286684510748917?t=zk9V-TNcS0vXIdgvHsRnxA&s=19

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Olympic Mathlete posted:

This belongs in both threads imo but on visual alone I'm slotting it in this one. It owns the dude made this but it's an ugly little poo poo.

https://twitter.com/quillerrees/status/1769286684510748917?t=zk9V-TNcS0vXIdgvHsRnxA&s=19

wrong thread

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Olympic Mathlete posted:

This is the GTA expy of the Caterham, but if they'd gone to 3D graphics during the PS1 era

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

The qualifier here was looks so ... time for a vote, based on looks is the Caterham right or wrong thread?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

"a Sauber enginee"

Yeah, looks like a space claim I would throw together in Solidworks in 30 minutes.

I'd say right thread.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

Olympic Mathlete posted:

the weird wraparound rear glass and squished in rear end and those funky headlight bezels - right thread

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
In the third pic it's surrendering to the aesthetics police.
Right thread.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

The qualifier here was looks so ... time for a vote, based on looks is the Caterham right or wrong thread?

Right thread. All Caterhams should be canary yellow and have KAR 120C plates.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
Right thread.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
In a weird way, I like it.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
It’s a British car. Right thread

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Right thread

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Right Thread
There are good bits (except that curved rear glass) but the whole is much less than its parts

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Right thread

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Headlight warts

Right thread

e:

Deeters posted:

Right thread. Its what happens when you let engineers do the visuals.

PainterofCrap fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Mar 17, 2024

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
This is probably the most impressive kit car built I've ever seen. Probably because so much of it was designed on the computer, so parts actually line up. But all the shapes and angles clearly exist because some things are much easier to manufacture that way, like the stupid rear glass. And it looks so jarring. The bidding is already at 30k for some dumb reason. Wouldn't a used Miata be a superior car in every way? Or even a new one, given the way the bidding goes.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

right thread

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

The rightest thread

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Nitrox posted:

This is probably the most impressive kit car built I've ever seen. Probably because so much of it was designed on the computer, so parts actually line up. But all the shapes and angles clearly exist because some things are much easier to manufacture that way, like the stupid rear glass. And it looks so jarring. The bidding is already at 30k for some dumb reason. Wouldn't a used Miata be a superior car in every way? Or even a new one, given the way the bidding goes.

I like the design generally but the grille, booty and lights all look bad. (I quite like the rear glass though!)

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
So much talent wasted in construction to support something so ugly. Right thread.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Right thread. Its what happens when you let engineers do the visuals.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
To follow up on that M10 discussion, this was simultaneously the worst and best car I ever owned. Having to sit outside frantically tearing apart the wiper motor in the dark to rebuild it before I was supposed to show up for a date. Every possible gasket and seal was rotten. Why is rain falling in through the door seals?! There's no power steering so parallel parking is a sweat-inducing workout and my friends laughed at me during those attempts. I still miss it. Call me a masochist. Worst thing I've loved.

e: It has since moved on to an old friend who now has to struggle with 16 previous owners doing god knows what to keep stringing it together for a few more miles. Bless his soul. I hope this piece of necessary wrenches sees a happy ending.

Catastrophe fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Mar 17, 2024

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

right thread

those loving wing mirrors LMAO

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Just call it a Cyber-7

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

right thread

those loving wing mirrors LMAO

Those are motorcycle mirrors.

I like the styling at the back of the rear fender arch and that rear light. The rest of it... not so much. How it all ties together? It's like a platypus got confused. It's like how someone who was told about a platypus got confused and somehow managed to mess up a platypus even more.

Absolutely the right thread.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Hood pins as door locks/handles is kind of genius. You don’t even need a separate door latch, just a cable somewhere inside to release it from there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

Powershift posted:

Hood pins as door locks/handles is kind of genius. You don’t even need a separate door latch, just a cable somewhere inside to release it from there.

That's what makes this so terrible. These decisions were all premeditated and deliberate. This is what it's INTENDED to look like. Someone looked at this final product and said "my vision is realized, and I want to share it with the world."

It's highly polished and has lipstick on, but that doesn't disguise the fact that you shouldn't put lipstick on a turd, even if you polish it first.