Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

"an angel whispered this to me in a dream"

the angel:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

sharkmafia posted:

i should probably figure something out about this game because right now i got jack dick

is that like whiskey dick?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Zoya posted:

"an angel whispered this to me in a dream"

the angel:

'i got my eye on you'

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

i think beet might be town. higher level of scumhunting/aggressive questioning/needling than scumbeet imo

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

death cob for cutie posted:

not that it should stop you from making baseless accusations or unfounded statements like "this person is town, an angel whispered this to me in a dream"

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

I'd like an angel whispering in my ear.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hmm i think i could vote any of:

monathin
wologar
shwiffler
salad
tpc
zoya
opoop

at this juncture.

*steeples fingers*

actually, i'd probaby vote almost anyone today, but i feel the best about plastic out of anyone so maybe not plastic.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

gonna show some love for plastic's case.

##vote monathin

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

yes, yes, but what if the angel is scum? hmmm?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

some sort of.. fallen angel?

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Tea Party Crasher (3): PlasticAutomaton, Johnny Keats, death cob for cutie, sharkmafia, saladscooper, saladscooper, PlasticAutomaton
saladscooper (2): Zoya, AnonymousNarcotics, Zoya, shwinnebego
Opopanax (2): Tea Party Crasher, wologar, Zoya, wologar
Monathin (2): PlasticAutomaton, hambeet
death cob for cutie (2): wins32767, wologar, wologar, shwinnebego, wologar, shwinnebego
sharkmafia (2): GulagDolls, Tea Party Crasher, Cloacamazing!, Tea Party Crasher
shwinnebego (1): saladscooper
Johnny Keats (0): saladscooper, saladscooper
AnonymousNarcotics (0): wologar, shwinnebego, wologar, shwinnebego
Cloacamazing! (0): Tea Party Crasher, Tea Party Crasher
GulagDolls (0): shwinnebego, shwinnebego

Not Voting (3): Monathin, Opopanax, Tired Moritz

With 17 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 17th, 2024 at 6 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 14 hours, 13 minutes.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hmm that deadline means i'll be up about an hour and a half beforehand.

unless it's been too long and you go early.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

oh no I have three votes, time to piss myself

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Sorry I forgot this game was up. Tldr?

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Deadline today, we're considering a lurker elimination and you just volunteered. ##vote TMor

Also Keats vigged Cube.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Yeah I saw the vigging

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

##Vote Salad

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

hambeet posted:

though i will say the monathin thing isn't terrible

but a lazy lurker lunch day one? *snore*

hambeet posted:

hmm i think i could vote any of:

monathin
wologar
shwiffler
salad
tpc
zoya
opoop

at this juncture.

*steeples fingers*

actually, i'd probaby vote almost anyone today, but i feel the best about plastic out of anyone so maybe not plastic.

hambeet posted:

gonna show some love for plastic's case.

##vote monathin

Thank you for your long and vague list, plus your lurker vote. I think I can speak for everyone when I say that we believe you are totally engaged

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Scum love to leave lists like that so they can pretend to scum hunt while also spreading there reads thin so that no one can decipher what they actually mean after they flip so ##vote hambeet

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Okay so first of all I would really like to apologize for not engaging with this game until six hours before deadline today. Second of all I am in fact going to catch up here now and drop some very delayed reads so don't mind me.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I work today during deadline. Sunday is usually dead so I should be around still but murphy’s law someone is going to come in right at deadline

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

shwinnebego posted:

And this is a setup where it makes no sense to eliminate a lurker d1

This feels weird and feels like a preemptive defense of GulagDolls lurking with no good reason to do so. I feel weird about it. It's overly self-conscious and then Gulag jumps in anyway and this is forgotten about.

This is the first post in my backread I feel like I have strong feelings about. I'm not really feeling the current votes on cob.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

hambeet posted:

though

a) plastic kinda picked up the whole idea first and then keats kind of built on that (a natural 'yes, and' i think)

b) my thought was... keats is talking pretty confident about a captain's perspective hmmmmm?

This is how I feel about Keats' explanation. It makes sense but it's probably wrong and comes from an overly-confident townmind.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Tea Party Crasher posted:

I don't see the point of you asking the question, like it's all vibes right now What kind of meaningful answer could salad really give. It reads more as self-conscious to me at the moment

Also lol at acting like Scum would not throw votes on each other day one

I don't like the vibes from this post. Obviously Day 1 cases aren't going to be great, but TPC seems to be pushing hard on the idea that any attempt cob can do to unravel the thoughts of people voting for them is scummy.

"lol at acting like Scum would not throw votes on each other day one" makes a lot of assumptions about scum behavior that is also not necessarily true in in a Fire/Ice setup.

This is a bad post imo.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Okay this is the exact kind of lurking "Yeah guys I'm here totally" post that I hide behind when playing scum.

##vote: Monathin

fwiw I think this is a pretty town-ish vote on me. Calling me out as lurking up until this point is justified and I have literally in fact nailed Plastic to the wall on being lurking scum on the same merits.

Now you can make a WIFOM case for how Fire/Ice means scum players can act more towny and earn cred 'legitimately' by scumhunting the other team, but I don't think a scum would try to hunt lurkers as aggressively as this.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Opopanax posted:

I’m going to be honest with you guys I have no idea what’s going on and I’m just going to vote for the leader when there’s a few hours left

For example, this definitely feels like a future excuse for lurky scum behavior.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

This is an actual, legitimate, scum post.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

the last time I saw a scum drafting game, gulagdolls ended up as the captain and picked everyone in the game whose name started with the letter M as the scum team

do not presume the captains are thinking too hard

God I'm pretty sure I was in this game and our team sucked and we exploded. I only literally just remembered now.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Okay I'm caught up, kind of skimmed page 11 but I have enough to build some reads.

##vote shwinn

shwinn's voting feels like his stereotypical from-the-hip style posting but there's some weird digressions on how he explains the conclusions he arrives at. In particular defending Gulag from lurking votes before Gulag has a single vote feels REALLY weird to me, still. performative is a lovely word to use here because we're all performing but something in my gut says shwinn is trying just a little too hard to make it look like he's town. but also a town shwinn would never call day boring, imo.

I don't really feel like the cob vote is very good. It feels like it's piling on someone who is seemingly engaging in good faith. I'm not gonna vote there.

A little surprised wins is not more engaged but I'm not gonna go for a lurker vote unless we absolutely gotta. I have no good reason for this, it's just ~vibes~.

wologar is consistently picking a fight with anyone who calls him scummy. i have no idea if that's wologar's usual meta but it feels very weird and i don't like it. it's hyper-defensive.

opop's post explaining how they're going to vote in the future is still super bad and opop is my second choice.

TPC is aggressive but it's aggressive in a way where i don't know if it's actually conductive to scumhunting and can be easily disguised as an active scum picking fights with everyone at random. currently alignment-neutral on TPC but need to read into it further.

beet is probably town.

anyway, I'll be around for deadline but distracted because I've been trying to finish FF7 Rebirth. But I'm actually here and playing the game now instead of the thing I was doing before.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

if i didn't mention you in that flurry of posts it's because you didn't make enough of an impression to make me think about you. do better!

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
I wish Monathin would stop lurking and posted some reads.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

wologar posted:

I wish Monathin would stop lurking and posted some reads.

lmao

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
What's with Keats vote on Salad

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

I've been sitting on a theory that I'm not sure if I should share or not today with respect to the drafting process. It's something that I'm surprised Keats isn't all over already TBH.

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

hambeet posted:

some sort of.. fallen angel?

nono, that's this guy

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

Monathin posted:

if i didn't mention you in that flurry of posts it's because you didn't make enough of an impression to make me think about you. do better!

sorry jokes on you i never do better i only do worse

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Deadline in 4? Hmmm

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i've been really distracted. time to vote whoever has the highest amount of votes.

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

an angel whispered in my ear to ##vote corncob

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Monathin posted:

Given our first game together, I feel like the less on an impression I make on you, the better for me.