Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Annointed posted:

I legit do not know what he did post sonic.

nothing but the lara-su chronicles and pondering if he should sue paramount over the sonic movie using his characters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
penders with 100% sincerity believes he owns the concept of knuckles wearing a hat and knuckles having a father

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

penders with 100% sincerity believes he owns the concept of knuckles with a hat

He does.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

he's very powerful

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

he discovered digital art and is pretty lazy

man found out about the burn and dodge tools and immediately stopped there

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

It is 2024, and Ken Penders still has not sued Paramount for Knuckles existing without his permission.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
once the anime boom started archie sonic tried to imitate the anime style and because no one working on that comic watched anime the results were horrifying and very funny

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
More like Ken Panders... to losers!!!

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

nothing but the lara-su chronicles and pondering if he should sue paramount over the sonic movie using his characters

He also claimed to have made a full live action political drama called THE REPUBLIC that's never come out beyond a few clips

Motto fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Mar 17, 2024

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

pentyne posted:

those are the same character designs from the insanely terrible video game she tried to get going Revolution 60 which only made it to iOS.

No, I can tell you it definitely hit Steam, I was gifted it as a gag gift that year

Apparently you can pay an extra $5 for "scenes that had to be cut on iOS"

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

claw game handjob posted:

No, I can tell you it definitely hit Steam, I was gifted it as a gag gift that year

Apparently you can pay an extra $5 for "scenes that had to be cut on iOS"

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Reassturd graphics imo

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

GodspeedYou!Witchy posted:

That picture of Brianna Wu with her anime figurine collection behind her covered in a thick layer dust was gross.

i looked this up and lady you do not get to own 7 separate figures of rikku's ffx-2 bikini and then complain about video game boobs. this is a new law im implementing.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Wu also ran for congress at some point. (Their name didn't even appear on the ballot for the democratic primary though lol).

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i just remember that for her bad rear end campaign logo

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Annointed posted:

I legit do not know what he did post sonic. Wikipedia says he worked on marvel and dc but his own website doesn't even have a listing of all the stuff he did.

He also sold Lara-Su Chronicles NFTs (including one that was just called Green Knuckles, because presumably even Penders has forgotten what Knuckles' real echidna name is supposed to be)

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

For those of us here who enjoy the internet drama gossipy stuff, I've found a real quirky commentary channel.
Mad Catster is like a gener swap gossipy cat lady, who also happens to be a lawyer. He's been covering Illumina lady.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpiPUlyimyc

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
green knuckles and green sonic

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Kaiserneko is apparently getting a lot of poo poo for his pronunciation of Japanese Dragonball names lol

https://twitter.com/KaiserNeko/status/1769239461240651911?t=_aogrd9QpJRvNqtKXeIHJw&s=19

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
Badass platform too:

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/feb/28/brianna-wu-claims-companies-could-destroy-cities-b/

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

green knuckles and green sonic

Is there a source on who was making those Chronic the Hemphog bootleg t-shirts I'd see at flea markets in the 90's? they're still around, I think

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mr Interweb posted:

Kaiserneko is apparently getting a lot of poo poo for his pronunciation of Japanese Dragonball names lol

https://twitter.com/KaiserNeko/status/1769239461240651911?t=_aogrd9QpJRvNqtKXeIHJw&s=19
i dont care how the dude says it but this is a funny defense when he isnt saying 'bajiita'

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the most annoying anime fandoms about how names should be written or pronounced are dragon ball and berserk

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Gattsu...

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

B33rChiller posted:

For those of us here who enjoy the internet drama gossipy stuff

In this thread? Never.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
The best Berserk name translation is that scans called it "Band of the Hawk" for ages only for it to later get confirmed that actually it should have been "Band of the Falcon", but a bunch of people still say Hawk because honestly? It's a better name.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Sydin posted:

Gattsu...

beherit

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Sydin posted:

The best Berserk name translation is that scans called it "Band of the Hawk" for ages only for it to later get confirmed that actually it should have been "Band of the Falcon", but a bunch of people still say Hawk because honestly? It's a better name.

What's more pathetic, Griffith naming his new capital after his old mercenary band, or Griffith naming it after a different type of bird because he's mad the old band "betrayed" him? Truly a translation that improves on the original work.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
his name is griffisu

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Hel posted:

What's more pathetic, Griffith naming his new capital after his old mercenary band, or Griffith naming it after a different type of bird because he's mad the old band "betrayed" him? Truly a translation that improves on the original work.

:hmmyes:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i remember people getting called weebs for insisting on the "celtic" pronunciation of cait sith. i guess celtic/irish weebs exist

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i remember people getting called weebs for insisting on the "celtic" pronunciation of cait sith. i guess celtic/irish weebs exist

gotta keep the fae on their toes

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Arc Hammer posted:

In this thread? Never.
Well the old " I'm a messy bitch who love drama" thread died in a hail of controversy, and the resurrected version is about videogames now.
Figured this was the best place for it.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Who the gently caress names their kid "Guts"?

I mean, I actually know the answer to that question and it makes sense in context, but still.

MechanicalTomPetty fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Mar 17, 2024

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
it is spelled Götz

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Who the gently caress names their kid "Guts"?

I mean, I know the answer to that question and it makes sense in context, but still.
That was the crude nickname a college classmate used to call anybody's romantic interest.
"You bringing yer bag o' guts with you this weekend?"
"Hey anybody seen Guts!?" (Shouted over the bar, referring to his girlfriend.)

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

it is spelled Götz

Well according to this 5000-page treatise I wrote in a drunken fugue last night about the intricacies of translating Japanese to English, it should actually be spelled "keikaku".

Edit: Wait, no, that's my Bleach x Death Note crossover fanfic.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
aizen has acquired the death note...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

aizen has acquired the death note...

somehow...