Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Good guy!

https://twitter.com/profootballtalk/status/1769390579379503351?s=46&t=Q9JsEynxHxZ9F2lOwU2Uuw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

well, it was unlit. that's restraint

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I'm sure the divorced and down 50% net worth version of Reek will be on his best behavior.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I own two Dolphins jerseys. One player is no longer on the team and impregnated 4 women at the same time in the last calendar year.

The other had impregnated 3 women at the same time in the last calendar year and can’t go a month without some sort of domestic incident.

I’m never buying another jersey.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

i mean if you bought a reek jersey that's on you

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

TheBizzness posted:

I own two Dolphins jerseys. One player is no longer on the team and impregnated 4 women at the same time in the last calendar year.

The other had impregnated 3 women at the same time in the last calendar year and can’t go a month without some sort of domestic incident.

I have a Ricky Williams jersey and regret nothing.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Legitimately a piece of poo poo human. Good football player though.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

TheBizzness posted:

Tua would never do anything like this. He's a good boy who deserves your support.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

tarbrush posted:

:same:

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Declan MacManus posted:

i mean if you bought a reek jersey that's on you

I did it to troll my best friend who is a Chiefs fan. That worked out well for me.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Tyreek feels like a lock to be arrested for something really terrible once he’s been out of the league a few years and has run out of money and clout to use to bully people into settling

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

tarbrush posted:

He really didn't do anything bad though?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

mcmagic posted:

he did weed, which is bad news jack.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Retiring because you love weed too much is maybe the most relatable thing an NFL player has ever done. That and Eddie Lacy’s struggles with China Food

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The few actual NFL accounts that have insightful stuff to read don't show up on my regular timeline anymore so I end up reading the For you timeline which is like 75% snuff videos and insane moron jet twitter freaks.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

tarbrush posted:

Ricky Williams owns and you should rock that jersey every day

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

mcmagic posted:

Yes, exactly. He has stood the test of time

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
https://twitter.com/SiNuTrmon/status/1769489559476171104

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Pats signed KJ Osburne.

Nov 6, 2002

mcmagic posted:

The few actual NFL accounts that have insightful stuff to read don't show up on my regular timeline anymore so I end up reading the For you timeline which is like 75% snuff videos and insane moron jet twitter freaks.

Such as...

https://twitter.com/jetscityy/status/1769399667840667847?t=nS5wC7gxWHOgJg1ZDAc1rA&s=19

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Has to be a hot take tweet to get responses. In 34 games Wilson never threw more than 2 TDs and only threw 2 TDs 7 times. And in his “final game” he was 4/11 for 26 yards and had less then 2.5 yards an attempt.

If Fields went for a 6th, Wilson is worthless. Even Hackenburg got traded for “something”

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Lies, drat lies, and statistics.

The word “full” is doing a Herculean amount of lifting in that tweet.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I already miss Zach Wilson.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

fsif posted:

I already miss Zach Wilson.

Don't worry he'll be the dolphins backup soon enough

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I’m excited to watch him be nothing more then a camp arm, playing in the 4th quarters of preseason games and still throwing INTs against guys on the verge of being cut

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
i'll always remember zach wilson for providing some bright spots in those dark post-brady years and helping define "the worst possible game of football"

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I'll always love him for his resilience. It is unbelievable a quarterback as bad as he was could start as many games in the NFL as he did.

Oh! And the loving "Zach Wilson refuses to play" storyline? Underrated subplot to the Jets' 2023.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Zach is going to dominate the UFL

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Metapod posted:

Don't worry he'll be the dolphins backup soon enough

I'd be fine with him at vet minimum. McDaniel is probably one of the few poeple capable of getting a tune out of him

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Watching Zach try to get the ball out in under 2 seconds would be an experience.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Breer put out the Rams for ZachWatch.

quote:

The Rams have been a logical landing spot for Jets QB Zach Wilson. I’d say maybe even more so now with Jimmy Garoppolo signed in Los Angeles. Wilson could use a reset, and to sit for a year, so going somewhere he’d be third string, would afford him such much-needed time. I’ve also heard his old OC from the Jets, Rams OC Mike LaFleur, would be very open to a reunion.

He also said Bears, Commanders and Patriots have shown no appetite for trading one of their picks. Almost certain they're all going QB.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

Breer put out the Rams for ZachWatch.

He also said Bears, Commanders and Patriots have shown no appetite for trading one of their picks. Almost certain they're all going QB.

If you're Zach, wouldn't you want a completely fresh new start, not an OC you were complete poo poo with? But I guess you get to be with McVay too......

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

i think it's less reuniting with lafleur and more getting to throw to puka and kupp but hey if lafleur is down for another ride why shouldn't zach be as well

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

You're also in LA with zero expectations. It's probably a good spot for him.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Diva Cupcake posted:

Trying to imagine the offer that would make me consider it [starting from the assumption that the Pats believe in Daniels and Maye both].

11 (Vikings, so one of the most interested counterparties) is a dead zone where you're likely to miss out on Alt/Fashanu/Nabers/Odunze, so it'd have to be heavy to the point where I doubt they'd do it themselves.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The Pats are drafting a QB because they think they need a QB, not because of anything specific about the 3rd QB available in this draft.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

I don't hate the KJ Osborn signing, but I am just thoroughly whelmed.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Bellmaker posted:

I don't hate the KJ Osborn signing, but I am just thoroughly whelmed.

I mean we've got 3 guys you want to chuck straight into the bin, so yeah, he's better to have around then Juju, Raegor or Thornton. I agree, I'm just whelmed, he's another Kendrick Bourne.

Nov 6, 2002

Kalli posted:

I mean we've got 3 guys you want to chuck straight into the bin, so yeah, he's better to have around then Juju, Raegor or Thornton. I agree, I'm just whelmed, he's another Kendrick Bourne.

The reality is, even if they have an amazing draft and find a serviceable QB , this team needs at least another full off season to acquire enough players to field a top half NFL caliber offense.

There really weren't enough players available in this year's free agency at their biggest positions of need to make much of a dent. Yeah I would have liked to have been in on Keenan Allen and Tryon Smith, but the truth is both of those guys are band-aid solutions for teams that think they are playoff ready, which is not the Patriots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1769769173154971652

The Jets likely cost themselves money by waiting until after this to sign Michael Carter.