Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

I’m inclined to think no way Boeing would be insane enough to kill off a whistleblower then remembered eBay recently responding to mild criticism by sending cockroaches & bloody pig masks to their house & it ended up with multi year prison terms for some eBay management, and will probably result in a nine figure civil settlement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I’m inclined to think no way Boeing would be insane enough to kill off a whistleblower then remembered eBay recently responding to mild criticism by sending cockroaches & bloody pig masks to their house & it ended up with multi year prison terms for some eBay management, and will probably result in a nine figure civil settlement.

Remember when Hasbro sicced Pinkertons on a dude?

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Mar 16, 2024

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

A.o.D. posted:

For a mistake that Hasbro made?

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

A.o.D. posted:

No!

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Holy poo poo

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Hyrax Attack! posted:

lmao everything is insane, all the time.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

CoffeeQaddaffi posted:

For a mistake that Hasbro made?

It wasn't their mistake, it was the mistake of a distributor. Still hosed up tho.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/John_A_Ridge/status/1769054814841815449?t=KTQ2rG9yJj7M4cELNGPDxw&s=19

Maybe DoD should look into the CEOs statements on X: The Everything App(TM)

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Officials at the NRO are reportedly "puzzled" by the tasking of part of their network to track the movements of Grimes.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
typical behavior, assassination coordinates for me but not for thee

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
Yes, let’s give known dipshit Elon Musk access to spy satellites, this will never end poorly

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

JFC I was expecting something dating back to eBay's startup days, not poo poo that literally just happened

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Coasterphreak posted:

Yes, let’s give known dipshit Elon Musk access to spy satellites, this will never end poorly

The future is loving stupid. Who had Apatheid Clyde Kessler's Syndrome on their bingo card?

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
On one hand there's this "rogue eBay management who went way too far" thing but I refuse to believe those weirdos weren't throwing red flags left and right in all kinds of other ways.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Steezo posted:

The future is loving stupid. Who had Apatheid Clyde Kessler's Syndrome on their bingo card?

The starlink/starshield constellation cannot cause a meaningful Kessler syndrome. They're right at the edge of atmospheric effect and require onboard compressed gas to maintain orbit. Even a massive Kessler syndrome at that altitude would clear out quickly enough to be a problem, but not a catastrophe.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
All the radio around me is talking about is Haiti and their new government.

Grip it and rip it fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Mar 17, 2024

ob21
Aug 21, 2017

Grip it and rip it posted:

All the radio around me is talking about is Haiti and their new government.

...does Haiti recognize St Patrick's Day?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1768708716235313526

Get their rear end, Community Notes.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Also :lol: at the implication you have to be an old codger to hurt yourself falling down stairs.

ob21
Aug 21, 2017

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Also :lol: at the implication you have to be an old codger to hurt yourself falling down stairs.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/QkErZomQUSE?feature=share

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The Biden video gets way funnier if at first you don’t realize that it has audio, and then you turn it on.

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

Platystemon posted:

The Biden video gets way funnier if at first you don’t realize that it has audio, and then you turn it on.

the author of the tweet doesn't realize he is a leprechaun

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Weird that an RNC account doesn’t seem to recognize their own speaker

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

That Works posted:

Weird that an RNC account doesn’t seem to recognize their own speaker

It's because the audience has no loving idea who the speaker of the house is, and only wants to foam at the mouth about BIDEN

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Those stairs are steep and long as gently caress and wearing dress shoes as well was definitely pucker-inducing. At least they weren't wet at time. Can't imagine doing them in heels.

Though if you are a politician, you are probably used to wearing dress shoes all the time and I wouldn't be surprised if they get some kind of grippier sole.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
Pretty sure at that level anything other than a leather-soled dress shoe is gauche and unthinkable.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

McNally posted:

Pretty sure at that level anything other than a leather-soled dress shoe is gauche and unthinkable.

gtfo with that, no way. Do you mean to tell me that the hundred dollar pairs of low quarters - with rubber soles that disintegrate after five years - sold in Clothing Sales stores are gauche and unthinkable?

Surely America's armed forces wouldn't be issued anything less than the best

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

That is a perfectly normal pace to descend stairs.

Coasterphreak posted:

Those satellites are going to be under the direct control of the NRO, they're not giving Elmo, or SpaceX, access to top secret reconnaissance assets.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
there are only 2 acceptable speeds to descend a set of stairs, and thats running down the steps skipping a couple of stsps every time and that pace

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

McNally posted:

Chunkier rubber ones are OK if they are worn in a self-aware way and the shoes cost more than the rent of whoever helped fit them at the store.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

I have also ran down the New York Public Library stairs and that was terrifying as well, albeit in a different way.

I think that does it for my encounters with stairs, thanks for coming to my Ted Talk!

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Also that was completely a normal walking pace wtf.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Stultus Maximus posted:

Also that was completely a normal walking pace wtf.

The person walking directly in front of Biden and setting the pace of the men’s decent down the steps is GOP House Speaker Mike Johnson. On Biden’s right is the Prime Minister of Ireland, Leo Varadkar.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Robert Facepalmer posted:

I have also ran down the New York Public Library stairs and that was terrifying as well, albeit in a different way.

I think that does it for my encounters with stairs, thanks for coming to my Ted Talk!

I rode a bicycle down the south steps of the south carolina statehouse once, would not reccomend.

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
The Worst Admin Ever bashes You in the head with his banhammer. It is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass! You have been struck down.

My Spirit Otter posted:

there are only 2 acceptable speeds to descend a set of stairs, and thats running down the steps skipping a couple of stsps every time and that pace

And there's this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwXUO1NM74g

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Why is this video playing in reverse?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

This has got to be a fake account. He’s literally just walking carefully down some stairs.
Besides identifying the people they should have posted a loop of Trump trying to drink water or tripping on the stairs to the plane.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Crab Dad posted:

This has got to be a fake account. He’s literally just walking carefully down some stairs.
Besides identifying the people they should have posted a loop of Trump trying to drink water or tripping on the stairs to the plane.

Nah, its the real deal, as real a deal as anything the RNC ever does. Their base is just actually that ignorant.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Yes I know, but regardless of all of that, that was a perfectly normal way to walk down steps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

My Spirit Otter posted:

Biden and Trump should have a race to see who can skip down the stairs fastest.

Everyone wants to see that.