Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OceanCyclone
May 29, 2022

Mayor of Yambag City

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Who are they talking about in terms of njpw stars? They can make their opinions but without details, it’s just a lot of bluster. I hate that.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

poo poo reads like an AI trained on podcast transcripts

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
We have to save the wrestling business by *checks notes* creating a monopoly

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

as we all know the WWE has never signed a major New Japan star and then squandered them.

OceanCyclone
May 29, 2022

Mayor of Yambag City

TV Zombie posted:

Who are they talking about in terms of njpw stars? They can make their opinions but without details, it’s just a lot of bluster. I hate that.

Assuming they're not trolling the only person I can think of is Jay White, since he's not really in the world title picture and is doing comedy stuff in the trios scene. Too early for Okada and Ospreay, Aussie Open weren't "stars" and neither was Rocky Romero, who I don't think is FT with AEW and mostly works backstage anyway.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I love how these weirdos just assume that if one company says "we want to buy this other company" then it just happens. The other company doesn't have to agree to sell or anything. Any company can just buy another one and there's nothing anyone can do to stop it

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

one company will still be ours? mother fucker you are not on the board

OceanCyclone
May 29, 2022

Mayor of Yambag City

Elephant Ambush posted:

I love how these weirdos just assume that if one company says "we want to buy this other company" then it just happens. The other company doesn't have to agree to sell or anything. Any company can just buy another one and there's nothing anyone can do to stop it

Right if that were true NXT Japan would actually exist

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
If we're going with that logic then TK should have just bought WWE and ended this whole thing

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

If WWE bought njpw, nobody would ever leave again, that's why there are no former WWE wrestlers in AEW.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Lamuella posted:

If WWE bought njpw, nobody would ever leave again, that's why there are no former WWE wrestlers in AEW.

Those people are all traitorous selfish sellouts who were never good anyway

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Elephant Ambush posted:

Those people are all traitorous selfish sellouts who were never good anyway

Except for those who come back because they realised how benevolent and family friendly is the WWE Universe.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

do the FBI gimmick daniel garcia

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
wcw and wwe famously got along during the monday night wars

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
All the responses to this.
https://twitter.com/wrestlelamia/status/1769048989314277755

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://x.com/NJsVillain/status/1769055420381827156?s=20

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

C. Everett Koop posted:

do the FBI gimmick daniel garcia

From Naples, North Korea.....

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Beyond the typo this list is extremely funny for all of the people who weren't on the WCW roster or weren't good that year.

https://twitter.com/leslieleeiii/status/1769244648759861622

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
1992 WCW Steve Austin

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

who is "Shiny Has him to"?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

VideoWitch posted:

who is "Shiny Has him to"?

Shinya Hashimoto?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

plus Shiny Has Him To only wrestled like 2 matches in wcw in 1992

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

1992 WCW Steve Austin

He was great, Leslie is right about that!

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Are people still pretending that Ron Simmons didn't suck?

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

DOOM ruled

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Benne posted:

Are people still pretending that Ron Simmons didn't suck?

He didn't, as a whole he was probably average career wise.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

“He’s bringing eyes to your product that otherwise wouldn’t give a poo poo”?

I thought the wwe product was hotter than it has ever been and they have been doing nothing but spitting hot fire in their exciting, movie caliber promoes

:magemage:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

yeah honestly this doesn't hold the mustard anymore. They have been doing better ratings and attendance wise for the past year, I think. So eyes were there and they were there because of established wwe wrestlers correct? If anything the Rock's appeal was on the way down and he wanted to get a boost so he joined the board and got a big pay day and is now a featured star. Hell he's more featured now than he was for his once in a lifetime run with Cena.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Am I wrong or is this that same old poo poo about how the enemy must be both incredibly powerful and about to destroy everything good, and yet also incredibly weak and about to collapse

And when the enemy is “the roster you claim to love so much”, the answer is to poo poo on anonymous “bad actors” hiding in your beloved roster?

Jfc it’s only game, why you heff to be mad

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

This may be cheating but there you go:

https://twitter.com/ThisIsNasty/status/1769413922371805225?t=lK97B7t-ACzv1QPUHgj9-w&s=19

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

MassRafTer posted:

Beyond the typo this list is extremely funny for all of the people who weren't on the WCW roster or weren't good that year.

The Hammer House: Stinger Splash Zone › Jase Regal Memorial Thread: Shiny Has him to

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

Honestly I'm a little surprised that someone still bothers to send Nasty the fast nationals

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

MassRafTer posted:

Whether or not they were all active or good that specific year, that time in WCW had a killer roster. It was an incredibly good roster before Hogan wandered in. I think what makes AEW's current roster the best of all time is the ceiling is higher with guys like Ospreay, Jay White, Okada, and the Bucks and, more importantly at the lower end you have jobbers like Evil Uno and Johnny TV or loving RVD who are wildly better than the lower card of early 90s WCW.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/bullyray5150/status/1769363187986514407

I honestly don't think you have any room to talk on neck-beards, Bully Ray.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Literally every reply is laughing at them and their attempts to say its not a monopoly now that Triple H is in charge and no this won't kill the Japan scene like UK

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i wish it was Busted Opie Radio

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
if they try to sell NJPW to WWE then Antonio Inoki himself will rise from the dead to slap the poo poo out of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

if they try to sell NJPW to WWE then Antonio Inoki himself will rise from the dead to slap the poo poo out of them

I dunno about that, Inoki tried to sell (parts) of NJPW to the WWE before so I'm not sure he'd mind