Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
What's the frequency?

Bison and Dhalsim go up for preorder on Monday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah, on your advice I tried some hours later after they went live and got one.

Nice! Must have been some cancellations. Saw some people complaining to Hasbro about something missing which is possible, but couldn't help but get the impression some were trying to score themselves a free Vamp. They were told there were no replacements left.

BBTS seem to be processing peoples retro Duke, Scarlet, Recondo and Tele-Vipers.

Joe Fisto posted:

What's the frequency?

Karate He-Man!

Get that man a Battle Blanka!

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Joe Fisto posted:

What's the frequency?

what's wrong with your Goku

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

The Last Call posted:

Pirate Ship? Online shop?

Last time I shipped to Canada via pirate ship (third party shipping site) it wasn’t too bad.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Pirate Ship just uses numbers to get good volume rates. It’s the same thing stamps.com, shipstation, or even just PayPal shipping do.

When the shipping is very high it’s always worth checking several options.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

Pirate Ship just uses numbers to get good volume rates. It’s the same thing stamps.com, shipstation, or even just PayPal shipping do.

When the shipping is very high it’s always worth checking several options.
This is a better explanation.

I remember way back when I used to sell a lot more stuff, the third parties were not great about international shipping (and USPS made you go in). Pirate ship seems to be fine, thankfully.

chappey
Jan 21, 2001

I was going to skip Ken but after seeing the figure in person, I had to cave. My only complaint about the line is how slow they are trickling out.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

chappey posted:

I was going to skip Ken but after seeing the figure in person, I had to cave. My only complaint about the line is how slow they are trickling out.

Honestly I’ll take the slow releases of waves over the release of 150 (or more) dollars worth of figs at a time that other lines do. It’s easer on the wallet.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I almost bought Ken when I saw one in a Target, but I'm really trying to stick to a short list of characters I actually liked to play in SF2. Ryu is barely in there, honorable mention because my brother always played Ryu. I usually went for the really weird-looking characters like Blanka and Dhalsim, but Chun Li was an early favorite due to the cheesy fast kicking.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I only have that Champion Edition Ryu so I figure I may as well hold out for a likewise Ken in black, stick to the theme yo.

If they move onto the Alpha versions, I'll totally get those versions of Ryu, Ken, and Chunners.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

My Jada toys Mega Man came in. A couple paint app issues but other than that he’s a solid little figure.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
My Classified 60th Soldier and Diver have shipped along with my Vamp with Clutch! So excited.

I hope it doesn't suck.

According to all the reviews that went up yesterday, it definitely doesn't!

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I ordered a disturbing number of ryus and kens for displays I’ll never finish

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

My Jada toys Mega Man came in. A couple paint app issues but other than that he’s a solid little figure.

I wonder if that's a broader problem. I also have a very minor blemish on mine and I know someone here had a bigger issue.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Listen all ya’ll

midwest ink
Aug 12, 2007
black magic, you say?

Welp, guess I am in on this One Piece Figurarts line. Just ordered Yamato because Yamato is the poo poo. I'm excited to get him in! And my wife called me a nerd, which I feel is some sort of right of initiation with collecting.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
I really want those Sabotage guys to stand in front of my Beastie Boys book on my shelf.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I almost bought Ken when I saw one in a Target, but I'm really trying to stick to a short list of characters I actually liked to play in SF2. Ryu is barely in there, honorable mention because my brother always played Ryu. I usually went for the really weird-looking characters like Blanka and Dhalsim, but Chun Li was an early favorite due to the cheesy fast kicking.

Blanka and Dhalsim for me, too! Nothing like rolling up on a guy who'd been playing for hours as Ken against all comers, dispatching the steady line of Ken, Ryu, Guile, and Chun Li wannabes and just dinking him with those long Dhalsim arms. Playing those two or E Honda was a good way to throw them off their game though I still usually lost to them.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Pulse is in the process of preparing to ship Classified Quick Kick, Big Boa, Techno Viper (x2) and Metal Head!

Stabby stabby wallet until wallet stops screaming

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

Blanka and Dhalsim for me, too! Nothing like rolling up on a guy who'd been playing for hours as Ken against all comers, dispatching the steady line of Ken, Ryu, Guile, and Chun Li wannabes and just dinking him with those long Dhalsim arms. Playing those two or E Honda was a good way to throw them off their game though I still usually lost to them.

E Honda was a favorite of mine too! Also Vega, probably some others.

I really hope Jada continues to scoop up video game licenses and making affordable alternatives to the crazy expensive imports that have been the norm. I would love some good, affordable Mortal Kombat figures. (McFarlane ones don't count, they only make weird sequel characters.)

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Player 2 Ryu is on a bit of a sale

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1769426644106637790?s=46

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I’ve updated my sale thread for the first time in two years with some new figures, if anyone’s been hankering for a non-KO Pitt or sci-fi bee man army: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4012425&perpage=40&pagenumber=1&noseen=1

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Sanschel posted:

I’ve updated my sale thread for the first time in two years with some new figures, if anyone’s been hankering for a non-KO Pitt or sci-fi bee man army: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4012425&perpage=40&pagenumber=1&noseen=1

The Waspinator colors bee man is cool.

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

https://www.reddit.com/r/toyexchange/s/EyKq8nrC4y

I am also selling figures but, like a scrub, on Reddit. Goons get a discount, DM me on here if you're interested in picking anything up. Turns out I owe taxes this year thanks to HR loving up!

epsilon fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Mar 25, 2024

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

epsilon posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/toyexchang...web2x&context=3

I am also selling figures but, like a scrub, on Reddit. Goons get a discount, DM me on here if you're interested in picking anything up. Turns out I owe taxes this year thanks to HR loving up!
the imgur gallery links don't seem to work.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I gotta sell poo poo soon. Who wants some hot toys….

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Oh poo poo it's Abaddon!

And his dad!

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Do these guys ever have a day off, or is it just suits and carnage 24:7? Are there any normal people in Warhammer?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sentinel Red posted:

Do these guys ever have a day off, or is it just suits and carnage 24:7? Are there any normal people in Warhammer?

Not for Space Marines, no. You're either fighting or training.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Sentinel Red posted:

ok well first off in the grim darkness of the 41st millennium there is only war, so jot that down.

But yeah there's lots of normal people in Warhammer. there's slaves and permanently indentured servants and factory workers and mutated criminals living in the forgotten realms of mountain-sized cities. But that first guy I posted is a Space Marine, some feral teen on a tribal world who got stolen by a spaceship and filled with new organs to become a superhuman soldier, so war really is his whole thing. And that second guy is a Primarch, a unique genetic creation woven from human genestock and magic to be the immortal and unstoppable leader of a Legion of Space Marines, so he's if anything more into war.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Sentinel Red posted:

Yeah, I want to know about Dan and Ashley who run a restaurant somewhere. What’s their life like in the 40Kverse?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Sentinel Red posted:

I thought for a sec you were talking about Joytoy. :lol: They are just pumping these out like candy. These are actually hitting shelves?

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
Some of the Warhammer books (which can be surprisingly enjoyable, especially Dan Abnett's stuff) show bits of life for normal people. Humanity is spread across so many planets that there are completely normal places far from the frontlines, forgotten feudal planets, industrial hellscapes where war materials are produced and people are packed into Judge Dredd megacity habs, etc.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The_Doctor posted:

Yeah, I want to know about Dan and Ashley who run a restaurant somewhere. What’s their life like in the 40Kverse?

The vast majority of humanity in Warhammer 40k live in hive cities, mountain sized urban accretions. The vast majority of the people in the hives will be menial laborers, toiling in manufactora and the like. As part of their compensation package, they will be provided with enough nutrient gruel and corpse starch to keep them working. If they also receive wages, there will be a some market for luxury goods like synth-meat and little pictures of the Emperor. The dining establishments available to them, if any, will probably be more like a bar where they can get a drink on the way back to their hab after their 16 hour shift.

All the way above them will be the spire nobles at the top. They will have personal chefs providing them with the finest off-world delicacies.

In between them there may be a small “middle class” of high level bureaucrats and the like, and there may be restaurants to serve them, but that kind of person doesn’t get a lot of focus in the lore

The most developed market economy will be beneath all of that, in the Underhive. The lawless zone where the unwanted and unlucky wake out a living. In the underhive you’ll typically have food stalls and inns and a variety of establishments offering stolen corpse starch, various nutritive algae, alcohol, the meat of pest animals, etc. As for Dan and Ashley, in Warhammer they’ll often take a normal name and change one letter to make it sci-fi, and in the Underhive they’ll get a descriptive, evocative preface. So they’d be Three-arm Din and Stubgun Ashzey

But as Corin Tucker’s Stalker said, the universe of Warhammer 40k is vast, so for there are endless variations and exceptions.

Gripweed fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Mar 18, 2024

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I saw 'nutrient gruel and corpse starch' and had a fit of hysterical laughter for a good 5 minutes so thank you friend. As ever, I appreciate your write ups.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Sentinel Red posted:

I saw 'nutrient gruel and corpse starch' and had a fit of hysterical laughter for a good 5 minutes so thank you friend. As ever, I appreciate your write ups.

There’s a 40k side game called Necromunda that’s all about gang warfare in a hive city, and one of the playable gangs is the Corpse Grinder Cult. Which is literally just guys who work in a corpse starch factory and like it so much they took up dismemberment recreationally.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013

Sentinel Red posted:

When you love your job every day is a day off.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Din got white corpse starch instead of yellow corpse starch when ordering supplies this week and Ashzey thinks he did it on purpose because he doesn't like her mom's recipe. It's a whole thing.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1769760991301046334?s=46

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

gently caress yeah, that guy looks great. I really loved that toy as a kid. I like the inclusion of the 200x disc thing.

Still really hoping for some She-Ra stuff. This year is the 40th anniversary of Princess of Power and so far they are not doing poo poo with it. Come on Mattel!