Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

What game did they even put that under?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingKalamari
Aug 24, 2007

Fuzzy dice, bongos in the back
My ship of love is ready to attack

Man, I'd really like to see how this guy reacts when he finds out about the existence of editors...

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

Space Robot posted:

What game did they even put that under?

Nailed it to the doors of the Holy Church of Gaming.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Another Hiroo Onoda still living in that one CAD comic, honing his katana and sephiroth speeches

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
First you must kill the Sweet Baby inside your head.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

DoctorWhat posted:

I think a lot of people get really insecure when they perceive other fans of the media they like being "pretentious" or "tryhards" and decide to make their insecurity into the other guy's problem.

he's a pretentious dork OP

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

This vid gets at something I've been talking about for awhile, which is that modern AAA games generally aren't bad on a craft level (in fact, I'd say the production quality is superlative), but are covered in so much compromise and bullshit that they feel bad.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

fez_machine posted:

modern AAA games generally aren't bad on a craft level (in fact, I'd say the production quality is superlative)

In terms of visuals sure but in terms of technical performance I think if modern AAA is known for anything, it's games being kicked out the door broken and unfinished followed by an apology statement. As an optional addon you can also include a bunch of layoffs of the development staff who take the fall for unrealistic studio/publisher deadlines and crunch demands.

Apologies if that's already covered in the video though, I'm probably going to sit down and watch it during dinner.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Runa posted:

I'm reminded how no anglophones pronounce the words karaoke or karate as they are in Japanese

*pushes glasses so far up my nose they become embedded in my t-zone*

actually karate is a japanese loan word from the okinawan gara te

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Whose van did she airbrush this on the side of

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

You may not like it, but this is peak modern art

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

fun hater posted:

he is lying op

yeah i forget what forum it was in but a million years ago i ran across a guy who had a catalog of female cartoon characters tied up but it was NOT a fetish because they were NOT naked it was just a neat thing he was interested in

this kind of guy has been around forever

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
it is very funny and interesting to see tao pai pai bathing.

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery

Alaois posted:

*pushes glasses so far up my nose they become embedded in my t-zone*

actually karate is a japanese loan word from the okinawan gara te

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fHpn3YdP6s

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Mercury Hat posted:

yeah i forget what forum it was in but a million years ago i ran across a guy who had a catalog of female cartoon characters tied up but it was NOT a fetish because they were NOT naked it was just a neat thing he was interested in

this kind of guy has been around forever

I remember a lot of this, usually on websites with extremely geocities 90s web design. My favorites were the weird allusion to like classical myth and comparing it to your petrification fetish

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Reminds me of the tickled documentary where the psycho pervert guy insisted he was both not gay and not making the videos of half naked men tied up squirming around being tickled for pervert reason

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:
Youtube threw a Chris-Chan "documentary" video at me with part 85 in the title. Thinking it must be a joke about how large the topic is, I checked the channel's videos, and nope! They've actually made eighty-five hour-long videos about Chris-Chan. :psyduck: Gross.

FreezingInferno
Jul 15, 2010

THERE.
WILL.
BE.
NO.
BATTLE.
HERE!
Pure "Bitch Eating Crackers" syndrome, Chris-Chan could breathe and these ghouls would be like AND THEN THE DUMB MOTHERFUCKER EXHALED OXYGEN FROM THEIR LUNGS, WHAT AN IDIOT

euroshopper
Aug 14, 2021

Baller Ina posted:

Youtube threw a Chris-Chan "documentary" video at me with part 85 in the title. Thinking it must be a joke about how large the topic is, I checked the channel's videos, and nope! They've actually made eighty-five hour-long videos about Chris-Chan. :psyduck: Gross.

this blogpost a friend shared to me explains it well i think: https://ellaguro.blogspot.com/2024/03/lets-play-life.html

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

like all things people never know when to stop. rubbernecking is fine, people are weird and fascinating, but it usually turns into pushing the subject for additional content. drama content is always the latter.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

euroshopper posted:

this blogpost a friend shared to me explains it well i think: https://ellaguro.blogspot.com/2024/03/lets-play-life.html

I just read this (very long!) and it's excellent.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
It's rambling, unfocused, and says nothing new or insightful.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Baller Ina posted:

the people that care about chris chan are some of the biggest freaks on the internet

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
it's kind of amazing going from people posting the sonichu comics way back in the day and everyone being like "lol that's funny and weird, anyways" to...everything since

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."

THEY TARGETED GAMERS, GAMERS

Oh,.SPEAKING OF...

I remember back in the day when there was a Tim Buckley thread and there were some ABSOLUTE psychos there (I was one of them)

I don't think I ever had any stamina to make my core personality in life, or online, revolve around one weirdo, even for the Internet drama clout.

It not only screams "psychopath", it just tells me that dude would be a BORE at parties.

Pick up a better hyperfocus, like trains or Pokemon, something.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

KingKalamari posted:

See, that would be my first guess too, but I've come across a weird phenomenon on the internet a few times now - Where you find someone with a weird obsession that to all outside observations looks like a fetish, but doesn't seem to have any sort of sexual aspect to it. And I'm not talking in the sense of someone being aroused by nonsexual situations, I mean the pleasure they derive from it doesn't seem to be at all sexual in nature? The infamous Anime Bath Scenes Wiki is kind of an example of this if you go by the interviews of its proprietor. It's like ASMR, but about needlessly specific situations and I honestly find it weirder than "regular" fetishes.

Asexual people can have fetishes too, and since they aren’t distracted by horniness their interest is like a purestrain fetish with all sexuality filtered out. I genuinely think this is as/more common than people who are lying about it - they’re already openly shamelessly obsessed about something weird, if they were getting off to it they‘d let you know

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Trying to tell somebody at a social function you once set an autistic person up on a fake date at a mall and then crashed it dressed like a cucumber or whatever to spook her.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

also its black on dark orange

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Endorph posted:

also its black on dark orange

It wasn't black on dark orange when I read it.

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the people that care about chris chan are some of the biggest freaks on the internet

The video starts with a disclaimer saying the series is solely intended to catalogue events and that NO ONE should contact or harass Chris-Chan or any other related parties. Which, kudos I guess, but it rings a tad hollow when it's part LXXXV of your "documentary". At a certain point you need to honest with yourself and look in the mirror, but at 300K views a vid I'll bet it's a hard habit to kick.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Now only if it was in a video format...

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

TelevisedInsanity posted:

Oh,.SPEAKING OF...

I remember back in the day when there was a Tim Buckley thread and there were some ABSOLUTE psychos there (I was one of them)

I don't think I ever had any stamina to make my core personality in life, or online, revolve around one weirdo, even for the Internet drama clout.

It not only screams "psychopath", it just tells me that dude would be a BORE at parties.

webdog one of the most prolific posters in those threads was stalking buckley and posting pictures of his house lol

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Pokemon is a pretty good one but trains are more ftw than ever and Id trade up if I were capable

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
being a hater is a sometimes food. like candy or cookies. if its the only thing you do, you will get sick in the soul

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I just know that comic because Tim Buckley claims in it to have played every violent video game in existence.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I just know that comic because Tim Buckley claims in it to have played every violent video game in existence.

he has

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

TelevisedInsanity posted:

Oh,.SPEAKING OF...

i'm trying to think of who i would count as some video game person of interest qualifying as a "villain" that i would absolutely loathe, and the closest i can think of is Jack Thompson. the first (and last) time i became familiar with him was during the hot coffee mod controversy with GTA: SA. after that, i guess it might have been jeff gerstmann for his Twilight Princess review being too low :lol: (this was before playing it then thinking it was too high). but in both cases the worst i went was helping modify their wiki pages for a day and that's about it. of course, this was before the days of social media, but still

the point being is that even at my worst and most toxic, i never hated anyone with the same level of intensity these GG freaks seem to hate..well any person to the left of genghis khan on any given day

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
I think Bobby Kotick is pretty hateable.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The biggest villain in video games is Sephiroth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

dont sign ur posts