Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

hes been halting elections 2-3 times now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Uncle Wemus posted:

Speaker Emerita Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) underscored the stakes of the November election after former President Trump warned of a “bloodbath” for the auto industry and the country if he doesn’t win a second term in the White House.

“What does that mean? He’s going to exact a bloodbath? There’s something wrong here. How respectful I am of the American people and their goodness. But how much more do they have to see from him to understand that this isn’t what our country is about?” Pelosi continued. “Praising Hitler, praising the Russians, honestly, I mean, condemning our soldiers for losing or dying in war or being captured in war.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4538009-pelosi-democrats-have-to-win-this-election-following-trumps-bloodbath-remarks/

libs are really trying to make "bloodbath" happen, as if they never heard a metaphor before.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Clip-On Fedora posted:

I think they’re genuinely flabbergasted that this is the issue that’s sinking them.

It explains banning tiktok. The idea that the livestock might have minds of their own and could arrive at the conclusion that “genocide bad” all on their own, is simply inconceivable to them. So it absolutely has to be a foreign conspiracy because they can’t imagine a world where the peasants don’t enthusiastically support projects like emptying the national treasury maintaining a mighty bastion of White Judeo-Christian civilization in the heart of Mohammedism for the benefit of the nobility.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Uncle Wemus posted:

Speaker Emerita Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.)

this poo poo is weird as hell

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Willa Rogers posted:

libs are really trying to make "bloodbath" happen, as if they never heard a metaphor before.

its the new shithole. its a bad word if THEY say it

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Nichael posted:

Yeah. Hakeem Jefferies is an rear end in a top hat, but it's pretty weird and hosed up that she's basically using him as a cross between a puppet and a human shield.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Nichael posted:

its certainly snobbish

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Pelosi is the long covid of the House.

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

Willa Rogers posted:

that quote really highlights the extent to which the dems have adopted the bush era republicans' infantile view of america and our institutions

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Yeah. Hakeem Jefferies is an rear end in a top hat, but it's pretty weird and hosed up that she's basically using him as a cross between a puppet and a human shield.

He knew what he was signing up for.

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

i've come from the future to tell you all we have to stop party rock before it returns
imagine her making him do that jerky tic-tac-toe move right after she did in the hopes of making it A Thing

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Horseshoe theory posted:

He knew what he was signing up for.

Yeah, sick fire alarm pranks

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

The Pussy Boss posted:

Biden ran on decriminalizing marijuana. It was part of his platform (lol) and both Biden and Harris said, directly, that they would do it. Then after the election they both said nah, it's not a priority, we're busy with other things. Then they did nothing for 2 years, then that joke pardon thing that freed zero people from prison. Now they're going to promise it again and people will believe them again because everything is stupid.

Biden ran on a public option during the 2020 primary and then upon taking office he's never so much as even brought it up. Completely forgotten. On purpose of course.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Could have just been early-onset dementia (in tribute to the President). :shrug:

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

im saint germain posted:

imagine her making him do that jerky tic-tac-toe move right after she did in the hopes of making it A Thing

hakeem the hurkey-jerky dancer

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

that was jamaal bowman, racist.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

VoicesCanBe posted:

Biden ran on a public option during the 2020 primary and then upon taking office he's never so much as even brought it up. Completely forgotten. On purpose of course.

he's also (worse, imo) expanded the scam of "medicare" "advantage" which is leading to the eradication of traditional (ie: good) medicare.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

VoicesCanBe posted:

they are scarcely doing that to keep their voting base together for the 2024 election. they'd have this in the bag if they lied more and presented more empty proposals and collaborations with cultural elites. the dems can't even be bothered to do that! there are millions of progressives out there who just want to be lied to. all they want to hear is that incremental progress is incrementally progressing.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Willa Rogers posted:

he's also (worse, imo) expanded the scam of "medicare" "advantage" which is leading to the eradication of traditional (ie: good) medicare.

I use your formulation all the time (it is not medicare and it is not an advantage) whenever talking about this

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Uncle Wemus posted:

Speaker Emerita Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) underscored the stakes of the November election after former President Trump warned of a “bloodbath” for the auto industry and the country if he doesn’t win a second term in the White House.

“What does that mean? He’s going to exact a bloodbath? There’s something wrong here. How respectful I am of the American people and their goodness. But how much more do they have to see from him to understand that this isn’t what our country is about?” Pelosi continued. “Praising Hitler, praising the Russians, honestly, I mean, condemning our soldiers for losing or dying in war or being captured in war.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4538009-pelosi-democrats-have-to-win-this-election-following-trumps-bloodbath-remarks/

if only people knew how bad trump is, the democrats would be ahead by 50 points

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

lmao @ the whining about trump being an effective rhetorician and entertainer and captivating crowds

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

VoicesCanBe posted:

I don't think he was aware at the time that he was running for a public option during the 2020 campaign.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

insane clown pussy posted:

hakeem the hurkey-jerky dancer

be warned, they're satirical

Jen heir rick
Aug 4, 2004
when a woman says something's not funny, you better not laugh your ass off

bedpan posted:

lmao @ the whining about trump being an effective rhetorician and entertainer and captivating crowds

that's cheating

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
And the biggest joke of the night: an impeachment inquiry. Imagine believing something so baseless that has a zero chance of succeeding. But Republicans would rather fail at impeachment than succeed at anything else. (Laughter.)

Of course, the big news this week is two candidates clinched their parties’ nomination for president. One candidate is too old and mentally unfit to be president. The other is me. (Laughter and applause.)

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

RealityWarCriminal posted:

And the biggest joke of the night: an impeachment inquiry. Imagine believing something so baseless that has a zero chance of succeeding. But Republicans would rather fail at impeachment than succeed at anything else. (Laughter.)

Of course, the big news this week is two candidates clinched their parties’ nomination for president. One candidate is too old and mentally unfit to be president. The other is me. (Laughter and applause.)

:whitewater:

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Willa Rogers posted:

Looking forward to Medicare advantage for all

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

bedpan posted:

It's no fair that Trump is a better public speaker than Biden!

I hate both of those old rapist motherfuckers, and I wish they would both lose to someone who isn't a soulless ghoul, but I will laugh and laugh when Biden manages to eat almost as much poo poo as Hillary (I say almost since he did manage to win at least once, which is more than she can say)

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I refuse the idea that Trump would be worse than Biden on Gaza. It's ridiculous.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

I refuse the idea that Trump would be worse than Biden on Gaza. It's ridiculous.

even if he supposedly is he isnt president for 9 months

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

MonsieurChoc posted:

he'll do the same things, but he'll be rude about it, which will discourage others from supporting it, making the situation for gaza better overall, qed

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

World War Mammories posted:

he'll do the same things, but he'll be rude about it, which will discourage others from supporting it, making the situation for gaza better overall, qed

No it won't - it'll be another "The Day Trump Truly Became President" like when he randomly lobbed missiles into Syria, assassinated Soleimani, etc.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

MonsieurChoc posted:

it's difficult to imagine what it would even look like.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

1glitch0 posted:

it's difficult to imagine what it would even look like.

Imagine I took Trump out of the cheeseburger dinner picture and put him in Tony Stark's place when he's showing off the missiles in the beginning of the first movie

So basically no different than Biden

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Lib and let die posted:

Imagine I took Trump out of the cheeseburger dinner picture and put him in Tony Stark's place when he's showing off the missiles in the beginning of the first movie

So basically no different than Biden

There's a possibility Trump would be more of a sassy queen while genociding, but there's also a chance that Netanyahu would walk in front of him during a conversation and Trump would unilaterally cut funding to Israel, so...

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

hooman posted:

What the actual gently caress.

https://twitter.com/joerussotweets/status/1767968501741105283

How is trump derangement syndrome this real.

im having a lot of trouble thinking of another way to interpret this that isnt just "covid was a government conspiracy and a very good one"

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

RealityWarCriminal posted:

it's exciting that the empire is crumbling.

gauntanamo bae
Mar 11, 2024

1glitch0 posted:

it's exciting that the empire is crumbling.

which one lol

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

SniperWoreConverse posted:

I repeatedly switch between google, bing, and the duck one just to see if i can get anything decent

i dunno it seems like it's all crap, even the ones that do have at least some ways of trying to specify what you want. Also they've seemingly converged on giving me garbage results in all cases no matter what i'm looking for

i observed while in china that bing actually seems to work significantly better under great firewall restrictions which leads me to believe that one of the evil communist rules heroic companies like google refuse to abide by is dont make search results shittier for no reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

bedpan posted:

I use your formulation all the time (it is not medicare and it is not an advantage) whenever talking about this

I didn't coin it (I think a former health insurance exec did) but yeah, it's the best description & becoming widely used.

If this doesn't show the current state of american politics I don't know what does; MA is a profit pig for private insurers & that's the only thing that counts:

Meanwhile a handful of rotating heroes like merkley & warren make impotent claims that we have to do something, stat!