Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
drat Greg Gumble is one of the few old timers I really like, is sitting out NCAA coverage this year due to family health issues. Good vibes to him and his family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

that's correct that's what losing feels like
https://x.com/CBBcontent/status/1746292220511027648?s=20

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
lol eat poo poo seton hall and st johns.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Are either Montana State or Grambljng State in New Jersey? Asking for a 7’4” friend

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

related

https://x.com/john_fanta/status/1769498025552941198?s=46

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

E: Wrong thread I think, sorry

Blue Labrador fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Mar 18, 2024

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

cope and seethe

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

I will never understand coaches taking away an opportunity to play from their players with decisions like this.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Would honestly be much better for this UVA team and probably the program to be a 1 seed in the NIT rather than in a Dayton play-in

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

elentar posted:

Would honestly be much better for this UVA team and probably the program to be a 1 seed in the NIT rather than in a Dayton play-in

Oh just get used to it

It's you and us back at the bottom again.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Kibner posted:

I will never understand coaches taking away an opportunity to play from their players with decisions like this.

St. John's was a team full of players with only a year of eligibility left and not a lot of young players that an NIT participation would actually benefit from playing more basketball. Pitino can also get started tampering and recruiting transfers to come to play for them next year since the transfer portal officially opens tomorrow rather than have to prepare for meaningless games for the program.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

ihatepants posted:

St. John's was a team full of players with only a year of eligibility left and not a lot of young players that an NIT participation would actually benefit from playing more basketball. Pitino can also get started tampering and recruiting transfers to come to play for them next year since the transfer portal officially opens tomorrow rather than have to prepare for meaningless games for the program.

Yeah screw all those guys whose careers playing ball just ended unceremoniously without the postseason play they earned, gotta get Coach Fuckface and his team all the time they need to tamper

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

DC Murderverse posted:

Yeah screw all those guys whose careers playing ball just ended unceremoniously without the postseason play they earned, gotta get Coach Fuckface and his team all the time they need to tamper

I'm not saying it's the right thing to do, just playing devil's advocate. Also, how do we know that he didn't ask his players for their opinion on an NIT invite when the guys he recruited to join the team had previously said that their goal was to make the NCAA tournament? The players might not want to play meaningless games, they could also want to start talking to other schools and their collectives and reps too for options after this season.

It could also be that he hates his team and doesn't want to see them anymore, which is quite possible from his rant earlier this year.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

College basketball is fun and no games are meaningless imo, even if they are in the NIT

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

I like the NIT because you play teams you would never schedule and then you get to play at the Garden

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Ungratek posted:

I like the NIT because you play teams you would never schedule and then you get to play at the Garden

They play at Hinkle Fieldhouse now.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Jubs posted:

They play at Hinkle Fieldhouse now.

Well that’s a drop off

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
You still got to be a pretty good basketball team to win the NIT, it's dumb to pass on it.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

For real, I am genuinely surprised that Texas not only landed a 7 seed, but landed it in one of the most charitable possible pods for a Sweet 16 appearance, and I still have high doubts that we can make it that far. Our offense is soft, our 3-pt shooting is rear end, and I'm not 100% sure how healthy Dylan Disu is gonna be. If he gets taken out again then we're in big trouble.

I think whether we get past the first game depends a little bit on who wins the play-in. If it's UVA then we might have a better shot since it sounds like they're back to playing like poo poo. CSU I have no clue about. Texas has been underperforming some in recent games so I feel like either team could beat us, but CSU has a better chance to do it than UVA.

Having said all that, I have also watched more than enough Rick Barnes over the years to have doubts about Tennessee going anywhere. NEVER EVER EVER underestimate Barnes's ability to poo poo the bed like George Costanza in big games.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I think a lot of teams also end up losing money playing in the NIT, which is why they turn it down.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Truther Vandross posted:

I think a lot of teams also end up losing money playing in the NIT, which is why they turn it down.

This is probably the reason.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Lol at both men's and women's committees putting Nebraska against Texas A&M.

(I hate the draw for the men too :ohdear:)

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The portal is open!!!!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

I. M. Gei posted:

For real, I am genuinely surprised that Texas not only landed a 7 seed, but landed it in one of the most charitable possible pods for a Sweet 16 appearance, and I still have high doubts that we can make it that far. Our offense is soft, our 3-pt shooting is rear end, and I'm not 100% sure how healthy Dylan Disu is gonna be. If he gets taken out again then we're in big trouble.

I think whether we get past the first game depends a little bit on who wins the play-in. If it's UVA then we might have a better shot since it sounds like they're back to playing like poo poo. CSU I have no clue about. Texas has been underperforming some in recent games so I feel like either team could beat us, but CSU has a better chance to do it than UVA.

Having said all that, I have also watched more than enough Rick Barnes over the years to have doubts about Tennessee going anywhere. NEVER EVER EVER underestimate Barnes's ability to poo poo the bed like George Costanza in big games.

Shaping up to be a first-round exit from the look of it.

It would be funny if this Rick Barnes vs. Texas matchup the committee bumped us up at least one seed (probably two really) to engineer turns into a CSU-St. Peters game.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
can't even enjoy brackets this year, I know Purdue is going to get crushed again and Boo Buie will dance on my cold gay grave

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I just need Illinois to eat poo poo ASAP, even more than Purdue.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Guess who's back, back again

https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1769738726685467013

Honestly I thought he retired.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
loving Ted Valentine, no way his ego lets him retire before stamping it all over the game again

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I didn't see anyone make a bracket group, so I made one on ESPN.

https://fantasy.espn.com/tc/sharer?...da-7e4b929a033b

Group Name: SA Goons 2024
password: wherestheoaf?

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Truther Vandross posted:

Last I saw the NCAA covers expenses and gives each team a small bonus for each game they play in (like $5K iirc), so it’s not the moneymaker that the NCAA is, but it doesn’t cost teams money.

I understand teams like Memphis where the wheels came off not wanting to play more, but guys like Pitino are just being whiny, selfish pricks.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Meanwhile in tournaments that teams will lose money on (they pay $27,500 to participate) the CBI bracket is set and includes 12-18 Chicago State, who last played a D1 team on Valentine's Day.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

it is kinda a tough spot being the only independent in D1. they join the Northeast next year where multiple beatable teams await

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Bird in a Blender posted:

I didn't see anyone make a bracket group, so I made one on ESPN.

https://fantasy.espn.com/tc/sharer?...da-7e4b929a033b

Group Name: SA Goons 2024
password: wherestheoaf?

Joined, northwestern going all the way. Boo buie.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
News:

Views:

Oh no

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

Joey Freshwater posted:

News:

Views:

Oh no

We've already been cursed by Drake, it's over

https://twitter.com/UHCougarMBK/status/1769524791478735224

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

As if anyone needed another reason to hate Houston

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

mcmagic posted:

As if anyone needed another reason to hate Houston

Drake University is even in the tourney!

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Just go ahead and give Kentucky the title, no one's beating them after this.
https://twitter.com/GeddesPoolsInc/status/1770080581935641056?t=sEXZjHeE4StEUvwe0qmeFA&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Sam Vecenie absolutely flipping his lid over seeding and teams that got left out. Is it really that brutal this year?