Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

They’ve been intentionally ambiguous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Yeah and you listen to the quote and both the reporter and Donovan make a point to say Kansas City, MISSOURI every sentence

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

kansas city finally big enough to have a suburb lol... this is how this stuff works

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
The Kansas/Missouri shuffle is the greatest scam in America. There's like a handful of big companies that hop back and forth every couple of years when the taxpayer funded incentives dry up and just keeps happening. Just a municipality picking its own pocket over and over.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The afcn incest this year has gotten out of control

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

D-LINK posted:

Reminder that dog poo poo hasn't lost to the Ravens since 2018 lmao

wig status: snatched

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

was that 2018 game the rg3 one?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Flacco was the last qb to beat the steelers for the ravens. I think they said something about it during Flaccos resurgence during one game for the browns this year.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

BlindSite posted:

Flacco was the last qb to beat the steelers for the ravens. I think they said something about it during Flaccos resurgence during one game for the browns this year.

tyler huntley beat them in 2022 and then rg3 beat them in 2019

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Yeah but they didn't mean to

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Yeah but they didn't mean to

the baltimore ravens have apologized for their role in the incident

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
We won @pittsburgh with Lamar in 2019 though not a great game for him. The one where Humphrey forced the OT fumble. Was the game before the win streak.

But yes, it's been Pittsburgh domination, at least in wins, since. And mostly close games. It shows the poor situational awareness of the Ravens compared to better-coached teams. If we can't dominate them we will usually lose. And with losing so many players now we're going to be in much closer games. We are a playoff bubble team in 2024 I think.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
the ravens are the afc cowboys. they're a lock to make the playoffs and a lock to not make the super bowl

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Phobeste posted:

the ravens are the afc cowboys. they're a lock to make the playoffs and a lock to not make the super bowl

that's right

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
https://twitter.com/AB84/status/1769486260584738922?t=YX2F2-1s0zsRF8zFap77Uw&s=19

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
A hilarious joke by the violent rapist Antonio brown

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

from the mouths of babes

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Took me a bit to realize he meant Hernandez & not Rodgers.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i think it would be cool to not post whatever insane poo poo antonio brown is doing on any given day

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
AB's twitter account is the most vile misogynistic racist trash I've ever seen from a big account. I actually blocked him and I never block anyone.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/Schultz_Report/status/1768390580344623275

This is a terrible contract lol

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
lol wth Texans

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's a bad deal but he should be more productive if the texans don't run out of the shotgun 99% of the time, and they probably see the same window in signing him to pair with a cheap qb as the bengals did when they gave him a huge deal in 2020. if houston does use him the same way then there's nothing good about it but they might get 1 nice season

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

eh it looks like a 1 year deal with a team option for the next two. the dead cap if they cut him in 2025 is somewhere around 6mil if i'm reading his 2024 cap hit correctly. i think the contract is 'bad' only because mixon never impressed me as an RB, he seems only slightly better than utterly generic. but also 9mil a year feels like peanuts now for a contract given where the cap ceiling is at

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

kidcoelacanth posted:

i think it would be cool to not post whatever insane poo poo antonio brown is doing on any given day

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Joe Mixon is 27 :stare:

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

he's been in the league for 7 years lol, i had to look that up

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

Mixon is a much better fit for the Texans than the Bengals. Similarly, I don't think Zach Moss is a better RB than Mixon, but he fits what the Bengals want to do on offense way better.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I didn't like the Mixon trade before the extension but at least it was a one year fairly cheap rental while they found their actual RB

Welp

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
i think mixon’s best fit is prison

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
So it's a 9 million a year, but mostly 2 year 13 million dollar deal, with an option to pay him 14 million more if you see he's producing.

It's really not that bad of a contract on it's face. I dunno how good Mixon is, and how good he'll be with the Texans, but it doesn't kill you if it blows up in your face.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

The whole thing with the Texans is that they have the incredible fortune of possessing a top 5 QB in the second year of his rookie deal. What good is that if you don't use the cap space?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

fsif posted:

The whole thing with the Texans is that they have the incredible fortune of possessing a top 5 QB in the second year of his rookie deal. What good is that if you don't use the cap space?

That's why I wanted them to splurge on like Saquon or Jacobs or when Jones became available then him

Not the guy who breaks womens' faces

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

kidcoelacanth posted:

* unless it’s funny

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
It’s funny when Donald trump does his ghost jack off move on stage but we probably don’t need to post him in here either. AB loving sucks

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Amen brother

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Intruder posted:

That's why I wanted them to splurge on like Saquon or Jacobs or when Jones became available then him

Not the guy who breaks womens' faces

I agree and I think even from a strictly on-field perspective he's been marginally overrated.

But if you don't care about him being a POS and your assessment of him as a player matches the general consensus, the contract itself is fine. It's not really that burdensome.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Bismack Billabongo posted:

It’s funny when Donald trump does his ghost jack off move on stage but we probably don’t need to post him in here either. AB loving sucks

Guess we’ve gotta take a vote. Thank you.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

You can easily find Mixon's production in the 3rd round of the draft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Waving my hand in front of my face and declaring my state of the vapors every time someone posts an AB tweet as one of the 14 posts the offseason gets in a day