Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Queer Grenadier
Jun 14, 2023

THIS GUY HAS A POOPY BOOM BOOM

HE NOT WARSHING HE HOLES LOL
I wish Yanu still had tribal. Bury Bhanu!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

bhanu — among some very strong competition — might be the most annoying survivor player in recent years

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
drat, what a letdown. Hoping Bhanu goes next because I don't think I can handle it if this dude dominates screen time all season.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I got my partner into Survivor and now he's refusing to watch until Bhanu goes home.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I’m not sure I can handle the potential of a Bhanu Goat Arc

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

bhanu ftw, he's won my heart

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
The guy literally medevaced for potential paralysis felt like he was on less of a path toward irreparable out-of-game harm than Bhanu

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

"I've been praying all day... and God answered by loving over someone else"

Also, yet another reason to let Survivors leave the game for a day to get basic medical care and checks (like Australian Survivor) instead of just pulling them out instantly.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Bhanu calling a guy getting medevac’d for potential paralysis a miracle he prayed to god for is crazy. He's annoying as hell and very bad at this game but I would honestly sacrifice Randen for more chaos.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Y’all are braver than me that dude prayed and someone’s arm just stopped, I am saying nothing about that dude.

Metallica guy rules. Build doctor teacher guy rules.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

"I've been praying all day... and God answered by loving over someone else"

Also, yet another reason to let Survivors leave the game for a day to get basic medical care and checks (like Australian Survivor) instead of just pulling them out instantly.

Yeah a day feels completely fair of there is a chance someone can come back in.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Rick posted:

Metallica guy rules.

line of the episode was bhanu melting down about his tribe and metallica guy just saying "the does NOT rock"

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

This felt like one of the more egregious medivacs and while i dont think they should set a precedent every medivac/quit gets to come back, randen absolutely got a raw deal and should get a mulligan

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

how are the survivors hiding these bigger items from everyone else? like that box in todays episode or the jars of cookies/candy in australia

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
It really feels like this and last season they were testing something. You had a complete garbage no way in Hell tribe on both, the previous season it was really rough and you felt genuinely bad for them losing and just wanting it to merge/end already. Now you have a team that is in the same boat, but you want them to lose so bad. You have the world's tallest quitter, a man with a very vengeful god to keep him in play while he wails on the rocks that everyone is against him, a lady who was cloned from "My Girl" who plays the game in circles around her team, they all know it but keep her, another girl who takes advisement and can make good moves but will go with the most boring one, and a man who refuses to lose, yet loses constantly. I don't include Jess in this because she was a decent person but also didn't really play the game.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

STING 64 posted:

This felt like one of the more egregious medivacs and while i dont think they should set a precedent every medivac/quit gets to come back, randen absolutely got a raw deal and should get a mulligan

Yeah like he wasn't going to tribal, he wasn't going to miss any game relevant stuff was it really going to damage the integrity of the game or show to just take him out for 16-24h to get an MRI done?

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Diabetic posted:

It really feels like this and last season they were testing something. You had a complete garbage no way in Hell tribe on both, the previous season it was really rough and you felt genuinely bad for them losing and just wanting it to merge/end already. Now you have a team that is in the same boat, but you want them to lose so bad. You have the world's tallest quitter, a man with a very vengeful god to keep him in play while he wails on the rocks that everyone is against him, a lady who was cloned from "My Girl" who plays the game in circles around her team, they all know it but keep her, another girl who takes advisement and can make good moves but will go with the most boring one, and a man who refuses to lose, yet loses constantly. I don't include Jess in this because she was a decent person but also didn't really play the game.

i like Q, though, he seems like he's got very sensible and aware of different social dynamics, aside from that (seemingly, to me) insane claim in the 1st episode that he's like the #3 real estate agent in the country

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

Diabetic posted:

They probably didn't expect the tall guy to implode so badly out of the gate. He probably would have been good enough to at least get them a 2nd place in one of the last 2 challenges just due to his height being relevant in both.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Yeah, Jelinsky being a total quitter is just something you can't really plan for I think.

Also hard agree with everyone else that it should be ok for someone to be pulled for a day to get basic medical attention. It's already a disadvantage to them in the game because they're missing out on everything happening in the game + their tribe may worry they're a liability and vote them out anyway. Super bummed for Randen :(

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

It damages the sanctity of the game if someone has to leave the island for a quick scan but the sanctity is cool with a player leaving the game without being voted out due to medical reasons and then their allies being left in the lurch and the state of the game being upended. And also is fine with someone losing their vote until they say "Broccoli is like tiny trees."

(Rob was guessing on the podcast it was for insurance reasons but I think he's way off... like they can leave Matthew out there with his shoulder falling off but if you get someone scanned and clear them for return then the production would be at risk of a lawsuit, he thought? Doesn't hold up for me.)

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

freeman posted:

They probably didn't expect the tall guy to implode so badly out of the gate. He probably would have been good enough to at least get them a 2nd place in one of the last 2 challenges just due to his height being relevant in both.

I'd argue that they did know, this guy quit so many times that they should've seen in his psych profile coming a mile away.

I'll be super pissed for Randen if he doesn't get a chance to come back in another season.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

mp5 posted:

nah problems like that in your neck don't just happen from sleeping wrong, it all sounds really weird but it's 100% legit

Randen's bought Bhanu one more set of days unless there's a swap, since presumably he still won't have a vote next time he goes
That may be true but I still blame Hunter for not making a bed for Randen the day before.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Losing my mind trying to imagine being an IRL friend of Bhanu and feeling socially obligated to continue attending his watch parties

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Poque posted:

Losing my mind trying to imagine being an IRL friend of Bhanu and feeling socially obligated to continue attending his watch parties

internally screaming at this thought

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

It would be nice to imagine just getting an MRI and walking back to resume the game but straight up that is not how it works with what happened to Randen

There’s also this, from his post-game interviews, which happened weeks after he was pulled

https://twitter.com/amikebloomtype/status/1768303443045650611?s=46

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Fast Luck posted:

(Rob was guessing on the podcast it was for insurance reasons but I think he's way off... like they can leave Matthew out there with his shoulder falling off but if you get someone scanned and clear them for return then the production would be at risk of a lawsuit, he thought? Doesn't hold up for me.)

I think he was more talking about game show law and fairness. The US has pretty specific laws due to that incident decades ago, so it's possible that letting Randen back into the game after the MRI would have exposed them to possible lawsuits from the other players.

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

Imagine telling someone they're going to be your Philip, and that person not socking you right in the loving jaw.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Leatherhead posted:

Imagine telling someone they're going to be your Philip, and that person not socking you right in the loving jaw.

bro if someone says im gonna be their phillip that feather is going to my forehead so fast

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Thinking back on the block-stacking challenge: Randen was underneath Nami's blocks for a while and had some blocks land on his head, which would have been hard on his spinal column. Everything we saw from that challenge suggested it went on for a long time.

If I had to guess I'd say it was spinal compression trauma from that challenge (or another one, like lifting the stupidly heavy gecko that also almost killed Kenzie and Tevin) that led to his numbness symptoms.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Diabetic posted:

I don’t know if it’s related but I think it’s horseshit that Probst penalizes the losing tribe by taking their flint - after three seasons in a row of one tribe getting decimated it feels like we’re just rewatching Cook Islands over and over and I feel like that has to be a nonzero factor in re: why.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Murmur Twin posted:

I don’t know if it’s related but I think it’s horseshit that Probst penalizes the losing tribe by taking their flint - after three seasons in a row of one tribe getting decimated it feels like we’re just rewatching Cook Islands over and over and I feel like that has to be a nonzero factor in re: why.

At this point in 44 the only vote out on Tika was Helen lol, Bruce had been evac'd of course, but the tribes were pretty even at 5-5-4. Flint has generally been a non-issue since the water has been drinkable without boiling post-Kaoh Rong

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Murmur Twin posted:

They are just casting and putting a few real shitheads on the same tribe every season. There's no way you can look at Jelensky and not realize he's probably real lovely at a lot of poo poo he tries to do. How can you trust anyone that goes by their last name.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I had the time at work to listen to pregame stuff and Jelinsky tugged at my heartstrings a bit. His parents are both addicts so he was one of those kids who had to parent his parents. I was really surprised at how he acted on the show.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

They are just casting and putting a few real shitheads on the same tribe every season. There's no way you can look at Jelensky and not realize he's probably real lovely at a lot of poo poo he tries to do. How can you trust anyone that goes by their last name.

I got the impression he is that way because often it does work. It doesn't work while under the lens in a competition show with an audience happy to pounce on bullshit.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

He’s lazy but doesn’t want to admit it. I’d want to give up on that stupid challenge too but if I was playing for a million dollars I’d just keep trudging along because quitting makes you look weak. Especially after volunteering you just look like an rear end in a top hat.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Just caught up. This season is a bummer.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

STAC Goat posted:

Just caught up. This season is a bummer.

Honestly I began laughing uncontrollably at Bhanu when he melted down at the journey. Great cringe comedy, just incredible stuff

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

hes been out there like 5 days

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

He was probably sleeping about as well as Jess (none) and was in a similar game position (waiting to get voted out)

It seems like based on a poorly-recolored buff for Kenzie, and Venus with a purple bag in the background in the preview that theres gonna be a swap just like last time to save the disaster tribe from getting Ulong’d.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

From the impression I get from Jess' post game interview besides the stress of the game, hunger, sleep deprivation, and losing its also just a bad vibe on that tribe from the majority. Kenzie and Co clearly think they're much better players than Jess and Bhanu and don't seem terribly shy about telling them such. Even that fake idol thing felt more like proving a point to Jess that she got outplayed and embarrassed than any real fear of the Shot in the Dark. So if you're constantly being told you suck by even your teammates going through the same miserable losing experience you go through then that's gonna take its toll. And Bhanu obviously isn't quite made for it in the first place emotionally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Well yea it’s happened for the past like 5 seasons because one tribe somehow has all the losers on it and can’t win a challenge.