Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Codependent Poster posted:

Instead of demolishing Trump Tower, turn it into a low income housing complex. Then change the name to something with Obama or Biden.

Excuse me sir I've already made the Michelle Obama Tower joke.

e: Everyone line up to punch me for this snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Odoyle
Sep 9, 2003
Odoyle Rules!
Y’all did recognize that the fonts are different on those Mad Magazine captions, right? The one on the right looks a bit more modern somehow.

e: oh dang it’s real and I’m a sucker

Odoyle fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Mar 18, 2024

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

InsertPotPun posted:

honestly everyone knew trump was a clown his entire life. i grew up in the 80's and was perfectly aware that "trump" was a tacky clown from...literally everything.
he just happened to get lucky and become "the great white hope"

The series of insane events that led up to this man becoming President of the world's most powerful nation bewilder me, stop-in-my-tracks-level, at least three times a week.

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

Waffle House posted:

So wait, his Chubb fell through?

No. The Chubb-bond is for the $100 million bond from the Carrol defamation case.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Decades of Fox News dog whistling massaged the brains of the chuds to the point that when Trump bumbled his racist rear end down the escalator and started spewing open white-nationalism the republicans were amazed to see that they didn’t have to whistle anymore. They could just shout.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Nessus posted:

WFAN-rear end president

Yeah Jonesy from Long Island here, first time long time, let me tell you something, this Trump guy is a CLOWN! An utter clown, from top to bottom.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Failed Imagineer posted:

:yooge: THAT MAKES ME SMART

fake edit: I rewatched Gremlins 2 over the weekend. I'd forgotten it's one of the movies that absolutely clowns on Donald Trump (the billionaire megalomaniac character is Daniel Clamp and the whole movie takes place in the Clamp Center, a building of terminally hosed-up yuppie bullshit). Still somehow, the Trump stand-in is a million times more capable, intelligent and empathetic than real life Trumb could ever have been. Classic movie though.

He was supposed to be more of a villain, but the actor was just way too likable and charming to be an actual parody of Trump, so they made him more naive than evil.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Onkel Hedwig posted:

No. The Chubb-bond is for the $100 million bond from the Carrol defamation case.

Ahhh, thank you. So much TURPM happening, it's hard to keep track. lol that his last gasp seems to be a $100 million bond, but not $500 million.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

BigglesSWE posted:

Decades of Fox News dog whistling massaged the brains of the chuds to the point that when Trump bumbled his racist rear end down the escalator and started spewing open white-nationalism the republicans were amazed to see that they didn’t have to whistle anymore. They could just shout.
He was also up against the lady who had been built up as the Devil for 25 years. Her own campaign didn’t help much either, and she still won the popular vote.

Maybe only assholes like Toop?

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Rhonne posted:

He was supposed to be more of a villain, but the actor was just way too likable and charming to be an actual parody of Trump, so they made him more naive than evil.

Gremlins 2 is one of the best movies ever made

It's seriously so insane and good lol

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Rhonne posted:

I know they say that but like, also, other than being in NY there's really nothing Trumpian about him? He reads much more like a parody of Ted Turner, given the whole fact his version of CNN has the end-of-the-world broadcast and the mentions of him loving with old movies to change them, and the fact his wealth seems to be primarily in media and not real estate.
Like it feels you'd have to change a lot more than how likable he is to wind up with him as a parody of Trump and not Turner.

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

Waffle House posted:

Ahhh, thank you. So much TURPM happening, it's hard to keep track. lol that his last gasp seems to be a $100 million bond, but not $500 million.

Yeah, that's what I find funny as well.

It is really hard to accurately gauge someones wealth down to the dollar value. But because of the bond requirement we can now accurately say that his wealth is somewhere between 100 million and 500 million.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

TulliusCicero posted:

It's one of my all time favorites.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Rename it to the "This dude named Michael used to ride motorcycles dick's bigger than a" Tower

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I know they say that but like, also, other than being in NY there's really nothing Trumpian about him? He reads much more like a parody of Ted Turner, given the whole fact his version of CNN has the end-of-the-world broadcast and the mentions of him loving with old movies to change them, and the fact his wealth seems to be primarily in media and not real estate.
Like it feels you'd have to change a lot more than how likable he is to wind up with him as a parody of Trump and not Turner.
Trump had a meaningfully different self presentation at that time. Also, his brain was less rotted.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

After the 2016 election I was so despondent I turned off all media and just wanted to watch a dumb comedy to take my mind off the horrors. I put in Zoolander and god drat there's that rear end in a top hat in the first minute!

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

Gremlins 2 is somewhat problematic from todays point of view:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjXsULCG7LY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feLgsG16YHw

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Onkel Hedwig posted:

Yeah, that's what I find funny as well.

It is really hard to accurately gauge someones wealth down to the dollar value. But because of the bond requirement we can now accurately say that his wealth is somewhere between 100 million and 500 million.

It says all you need to know about Trump that over the past years, with the constantly inflating net worth of the billionaire class, with a basically infinite supply of money being shoveled into billionaire accounts by the government on a daily basis, Trump's estimated wealth hasn't increased by a wooden nickel.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

TulliusCicero posted:

second time I've got to post this today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x01l_jMhjVM

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Pope Corky the IX posted:

SNL did a sketch where Donald sold his yacht to buy a gold door for the penthouse and Ivana (I think) sold the penthouse to buy a gold anchor for his yacht back in 1990. If you lived in the New York/New Jersey area at any time since at least 1980 you were well aware of what kind of person he is and always has been. There were NYC gossip magazines going hard on him in the late eighties for the John Barron thing and how many stories he'd plant on Page Six of all the supermodels going in and out of his building.

Gift of the TRashii

Unless mods say otherwise: I think you should post this daily from here on out.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

twit666
Nov 16, 2006

Soiled Meat

TulliusCicero posted:

He actually admitted legally he's broke in writing

Week is already delivering

:hmbol:

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Random Stranger posted:

I think everyone knows it's just a $100 million campaign contribution, which is why Chubb's investors are furious.

I think you meant to say that it's a $100 million gift to the lady who Trump assaulted. The investors would have probably been less mad if it was going into Trump's pockets.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
No one's tearing his towers down they'll just take his name off it

They did that on the (former) Trump tower in Toronto and it was quite satisfying

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Nessus posted:

Trump had a meaningfully different self presentation at that time. Also, his brain was less rotted.

Yeah, but he was still known for real estate. Like I'm in my 30s and I've lived in NY my whole life, I know his perception was different. I'm saying that the general basic character of Clamp and all we see has almost nothing to do with any depiction of Trump and much more with Ted Turner. Like a lot of the jokes in the film are 1:1 things Turner actually did.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

InsertPotPun posted:

honestly everyone knew trump was a clown his entire life. i grew up in the 80's and was perfectly aware that "trump" was a tacky clown from...literally everything.
he just happened to get lucky and become "the great white hope"

I have an In-Fisherman book about catfishing from 2004 and the forward is a dedication to a well known catfisherman who died and in one part it explicitly uses Donald Trump as an example of how not to live your life in contrast to the simple catfishman

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

The movie ends with a toupeed Robert Picardo getting brain from the lady gremlin, and that's good.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

he's 100% going to back out when the time comes for scheduled debates and be like "I wanted to debate back in march but biden said no"

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Okay, on the deck of the Titanic and you have to take a fiberglass sub to get there.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

I'm ready to see this :munch:

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

big nipples big life posted:

he's 100% going to back out when the time comes for scheduled debates and be like "I wanted to debate back in march but biden said no"

Biden could literally agree unconditionally to debate Trump at this very moment or whenever it is convenient for him and Trump will weasel himself out for any number of reasons: “I charge by the minute so a debate with me will cost you 500 000 000 USD!” PAY UP!”

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

HappyHippo posted:

No one's tearing his towers down they'll just take his name off it

They did that on the (former) Trump tower in Toronto and it was quite satisfying

As if they were ever "his" towers and he didn't just scam and con his name in association.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Yeah he's just saying poo poo, there's no way trump will debate under any circumstances.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

ok do it.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

I too want Sleepy Joe Biden to tell you to shut up again, orange fuckwit

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
A real shame the one guy who might have loaned Turnip the money hung himself in jail.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

graynull posted:

A real shame the one guy who might have loaned Turnip the money hung himself in jail.

elon was in jail? and he's dead?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

big nipples big life posted:

elon was in jail? and he's dead?
The k hole is not a recognized carceral facility

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
I was playing around with the stable diffusion poo poo and managed to get proper photo of PMURt, complete with blep and stable genius face.