Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Eimi posted:

I was going to skip her, but Navia is my girl, and there is the possibility of Arlecchino needing Zhongli. Since I already really loved her aesthetics and JP voice actress, I decided to pull that trigger. Granted I'm not running a standard Navia team, so we'll see how it works out in the long run. (Currently running Navia/Zhongli/Yae Miko/Yelan.) Navia/Chiori/Yae Miko would be fun in terms of just having stupid strong constructs killing all the things, no idea who the fourth should be though to keep me alive since I refuse to run Bennett. I could just shove in Kuki to have a healer and easy totm.

I've been running Kokomi in the healer slot (Navia/Geo MC->Chiori/Fischl or Yae/Kokomi) and it's been alright. Decent aoe hydro application, fantastic heals, water walking, and TTDS + Millileth.

I'll also say that despite having similar quality artifacts, I get significantly faster clear times even in AoE domains using c6 Fischl instead of c0 Yae, which is unfortunate because I like Yae. At least she's still fun and good alongside Fischl as a driver on my aggravate team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
The amount of primo gems the potion event gives out is kind of crazy, I think I've gotten ~15 pulls from it and it's not completed yet. On the other hand, it is loooooong. Long & boring but it does give you a Yaoyao staff

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Here's a code for 60 primogems: https://genshin.hoyoverse.com/en/gift?code=CA3BLTURGH9D

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
The alchemy event isn't especially difficult, but if anyone cares, the best way to progress seems to be upgrading alchemy experience gain (the regular guaranteed one; the proc one isn't worth it at low levels) and anything that increases sales (more potion slots, more base sales, better sale prices). And of course upgrade the cauldron size every time it's an option, it's cheap. Ingredients don't matter as long as you're growing what you lack and only making potions that suit the market trends or that satisfy requests. Once you're making money hand over fist you can just buy out the rest of the trees and take advantage of all the "lucky" procs being at 100% chance to trigger. Assuming there are no upgrades in part 3 (I don't know, I don't think anyone leaked the details of this), you'll have stacks of money to rush ingredients and analyze them to max them all out.

Also the exams seem to always expect you to use the newest ingredients you've unlocked, so it's just a matter of cramming enough of them in there to meet all the conditions, which is why higher alchemy level helps.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Vargs posted:

I've been running Kokomi in the healer slot (Navia/Geo MC->Chiori/Fischl or Yae/Kokomi) and it's been alright. Decent aoe hydro application, fantastic heals, water walking, and TTDS + Millileth.

I'll also say that despite having similar quality artifacts, I get significantly faster clear times even in AoE domains using c6 Fischl instead of c0 Yae, which is unfortunate because I like Yae. At least she's still fun and good alongside Fischl as a driver on my aggravate team.

Eh...there's a little bit of power difference between my Yae and Fischl.

She's massively out performed Fischl for my Navia.

Kokomi is a good option as well, though I hate having to time her burst to keep the stupid jellyfish up.

FractalSandwich posted:

I originally planned to take a break for the rest of this patch after my Welkin Moon runs out and I finish the event, but Arlecchino's got me feeling motivated again.

I'm still torn on whether or not to take a 50-50 on Chiori. I don't have any of the pieces for a mono-Geo team, but she should still be an upgrade over Ningguang in my Navia team even at C0. But I also use Furina on that team, so I can't give her Harbinger... and worst of all, I really don't want to have to go farm up more specter mats, man.

She'd be a massive upgrade over Ning. Also Wolf's Fang, if you buy the bp, is strong on Chiori, beating out HoD and letting you use Furina.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
I sort of hate most of Genshin's events, but the alchemy one has been surprisingly enjoyable. It turns out that Recettear makes for a pretty good minigame, even with the braindead simple potion mixing and hyper railroaded progression.

It has enough of the vague shape and resemblance to an actual game that it still compares favorably to the usual stuff.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
If you like this event you'll love the property management minigame in Yakuza 7

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Eimi posted:

She'd be a massive upgrade over Ning. Also Wolf's Fang, if you buy the bp, is strong on Chiori, beating out HoD and letting you use Furina.
Well I won the 50-50. I guess I'll be sad if they ever release the healer I'd much prefer for that slot, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I wish the AI on those big charging hilichurl dudes was a bit worse (better?) and that you could get them to go flying off a cliff Wile E. Coyote style.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Log in to genshin. My beloved potion shop is closed. Claim a few of the dozens of unclaimed rewards I left there for encounter points. Resin+Expedition+Commission rewards, log out. Total playtime: ~2/3 minutes

Why close the potion shop? :mad:

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

MoonCrab posted:

Log in to genshin. My beloved potion shop is closed. Claim a few of the dozens of unclaimed rewards I left there for encounter points. Resin+Expedition+Commission rewards, log out. Total playtime: ~2/3 minutes

Why close the potion shop? :mad:

You can't handle the strongest potions, Traveler.

Vargs fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Mar 17, 2024

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
New Quality of Life update in 4.6: Focused Experience. It will automatically reset NPCs or locations that are "in use" while trying to complete a different quest.

Also :siren: All treasure compasses will now put an icon on the minimap :siren:

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Tampa Bae posted:

New Quality of Life update in 4.6: Focused Experience. It will automatically reset NPCs or locations that are "in use" while trying to complete a different quest.

loving FINALLY I've been asking for this since summer

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Gotta say I am very pleased with this event so far. No mandatory 2 hour cutscene, the minigame is straightfprward but novel for genshin, most importantly the night themes are my favorite OSTs since YPC left. And when Eula shows up she isnt glued to Amber and actually acts like a human.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Tampa Bae posted:

nice, I've been hoping since Bottleland that the improved compass was going to become a thing

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Tampa Bae posted:

it took that long lmao

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I think this is a fun event I'd like to see more like it.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
only being able to brew one potion per cycle, having a limited stock on ingredients, and not being able to see what will be needed for the next chunk of cycles is uniquely stressful for me, lol

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
The trailer for the event made it seem lame, but it's already one of my favorite events.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Leraika posted:

only being able to brew one potion per cycle, having a limited stock on ingredients, and not being able to see what will be needed for the next chunk of cycles is uniquely stressful for me, lol

It's muted in that even a bad result is 50 to 75% of the sales of a good one. I left in some potions that had none of the attributes they wanted and they still sold.

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

[1950s eel-based dad joke]
I enjoy this event to the degree that I'm side-eying the Atelier games on Steam.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

theyre very good. i recommend ayesha.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

Tampa Bae posted:

I'm legitimately incredibly excited for this. That's the kind of QoL I can get behind.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Tampa Bae posted:

Treasure compasses should also alert to hidden chests, those are the ones I always had to break out the community map in order to find.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Having compasses point to starting points for the puzzle-ey chests would be a massive improvement. Since they ditched having a bazillion chests hidden behind bushes in 2.0 and went for having them spawned by completing puzzles I haven't used them much.

RareAcumen posted:

I think this is a fun event I'd like to see more like it.

A frequent rerun would strip the novelty fast, but they've steadily improved their vendor minigame and this is the best version yet. Whatever they come out with next should definitely follow the same approach, though. Text content is relatively quite short, no kludged-in multiplayer, uses actual characters instead of generic_npc_man_01 as the quest talkers, events are pretty snappy... just a good minigame.

Ideally all events should take the first Itto beetle event and do the polar opposite.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Note Block posted:

Treasure compasses should also alert to hidden chests, those are the ones I always had to break out the community map in order to find.

The biggest disappointment of the compasses is how many chests they do not find, giving you a false sense of completeness when you scan an area with them.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

ninjoatse.cx posted:

The biggest disappointment of the compasses is how many chests they do not find, giving you a false sense of completeness when you scan an area with them.

May as well give up on "completing" an area, all things considered. If the map says it's 100%, that's good enough, and when you stumble over a puzzle, that's just a nice bonus.

Speaking of completionism, does anyone have a favorite achievement list/search site? Ideally one that you can search by commission name and get the name of achievements, so I can actually sort out if I'm just getting good hunter commissions because there's nothing else, or because I'm missing an achievement there. I feel like most, if they have a search feature, are just for the name of the achievement itself.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

I use AkashaScanner to export completed achievements from the game, then import them to seelie.me to browse uncompleted stuff.

https://github.com/xenesty/AkashaScanner

https://seelie.me/achievements

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
Honestly my biggest complaint about this event is also a minor complaint with the game in general:

Both Star Rail and HI3 allow me to seamlessly use my mouse for menus while otherwise playing on a controller, and Genshin doesn't. And I feel like this event would really benefit from using the mouse, but not enough to bother switching to keyboard for the walking around and stuff in between.

This is also my main complaint with the card game.

--edit
Also for an alchemy event, so far it doesn't have quite as much Sucrose as I'd like and no Albedo, and for a Mondstat event I wish Fischl and Mona showed up, but I'm a Sucrose, Fischl, and Mona loving freak and if it was up to me they'd probably be the stars of every Mondstat event, so I can't really complain there. And then Albedo isn't a particular favorite for me, but he always brings the cool Lore.

Captain France fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Mar 18, 2024

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I would love to see Collei and Sucrose meet up again but that's prolly never gonna happen lol

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Meowywitch posted:

I would love to see Collei and Sucrose meet up again but that's prolly never gonna happen lol

That would honestly be a shame, they work well together

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
There's still that leak floating around about Sucrose and Albedo outfits, so if those exist they'll have an event to go with.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Zenostein posted:

May as well give up on "completing" an area, all things considered. If the map says it's 100%, that's good enough, and when you stumble over a puzzle, that's just a nice bonus.

Speaking of completionism, does anyone have a favorite achievement list/search site? Ideally one that you can search by commission name and get the name of achievements, so I can actually sort out if I'm just getting good hunter commissions because there's nothing else, or because I'm missing an achievement there. I feel like most, if they have a search feature, are just for the name of the achievement itself.

I just sat down and did a compare/click with https://genshin-center.com/achievements?cat=0 to check achievements after logging in but I'm on PS4/PS5 so maybe there's an easier way on desktop.

For the hidden chests or chests that appear after an action is taken, maybe doing the yellow zone or range on the mini-map would tell players it's both in this area and that they need to do something other than just find the treasure chest there.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Dunno about you guys but I've found 6086 chests. :black101:

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Hahaha oh wow

Arle beta update: doubled the amount of self-healing she gets, her practically permanent 40% pyro bonus is now actually permanent, and... a special surprise that I don't wanna spoil :allears:

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
How and why is she allowed to do that, lmao.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

MoonCrab posted:

Hahaha oh wow

Arle beta update: doubled the amount of self-healing she gets, her practically permanent 40% pyro bonus is now actually permanent, and... a special surprise that I don't wanna spoil :allears:

Oh lawd, she coming.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

hoyo's going to need to build a 2nd money vault

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Her weapon effect being kind of ugly without the sig is still bugging me, so I'm not fully decided on pulling for her. It looks like they changed it a little bit, so I guess I'll wait and see how it looks in motion at release before I decide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Chiori's only the 6th limited character I've ever skipped, and I was feeling bad about that until I saw the new Arlecchino leaks.

Yeah sorry Chiori. Maybe next time.