Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
Being on weed is the same as being on antidepressants except your dick still works. Namaste.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Tricky D posted:

Being on weed is the same as being on antidepressants except your dick still works. Namaste.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

if you can afford to sate the munchies, you are the bourgeoisie

sorry, i don't make the rules

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Tricky D posted:

No it isn't.

Chemicals don't work the same way for everyone.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
antidepressants are all placebo anyways

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Lib and let die posted:

if you can afford to sate the munchies, you are the bourgeoisie

sorry, i don't make the rules

no... no!!!

sobbing as I download a weed delivery app

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I like to imagine hoots anti drug posts are one of his tent revivalist coworkers getting to his phone in the lunch room

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Mr Hootington posted:

No it isn't.

I'll have to take your word for it as I've never been on antidepressants.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

loquacius posted:

no... no!!!

sobbing as I download a weed delivery app

let's make our own, we can tie it to the divorce app and call it D&D

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

antidepressants are all placebo anyways

all drugs are fake and anyone whose been thinking they ever did stuff should be embarrassed

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

FirstnameLastname posted:

all drugs are fake and anyone whose been thinking they ever did stuff should be embarrassed

if i wanted to alter my consciousness, i would simply say "CONSCIOUSNESS, BE ALTERED"

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

No it isn't.

have you looked into chemicals for treating your manopause? :kiddo:

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

this is a really great price for a walk-in mini-greenhouse & if I had the space for it I'd snatch it up:

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Willa Rogers posted:

have you looked into chemicals for treating your manopause? :kiddo:

he's probably got that Low T

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Willa Rogers posted:

this is a really great price for a walk-in mini-greenhouse & if I had the space for it I'd snatch it up:

Looks like it'll blow over in the first storm

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Lib and let die posted:

let's make our own, we can tie it to the divorce app and call it D&D

lol

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

if i wanted to alter my consciousness, i would simply say "CONSCIOUSNESS, BE ALTERED"

in Iain Banks' The Culture series you can do any drug you want just by thinking it

a beautiful and wonderful future

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

titty_baby_ posted:

Looks like it'll blow over in the first storm

nah, they're really sturdy, even the smaller sizes.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Willa Rogers posted:

nah, they're really sturdy, even the smaller sizes.

Prove it

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i'm on chemicals

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Many unpeaceful people in here today. Mayhap they haven't evened out with a Marijuana hit?

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

FirstnameLastname posted:

yep

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Your brain is made of drugs, sorry to inform you of this.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
150mg of sertraline has helped my brain out quite a bit

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Jose posted:

placebo

pandy fackler
Jun 2, 2020

pandy fackler has issued a correction as of 06:23 on Mar 22, 2024

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I got to meet my best friend's baby (6 months old) for the first time yesterday. He asked me if I was willing to be her godfather, which was very moving. I'm never going to have a spouse/kids myself, but it's something I think I would have liked in a different life. Getting to hold the baby was nice. She's extremely cute for a white baby (which tbh I find often look sort of goofy).

From what I saw, I get the impression he's sort of the "primary" parent, for lack of a better description. He's really taking to it well and generally seemed to be the one most familiar with dealing with the baby.

loquacius posted:

Weed doesn't have any calories but I have to expend effort to not eat like poo poo after smoking it

I literally always just want to sleep after smoking weed. Doesn't matter what kind of weed. I think I'm just naturally low-energy/sleepy, and the extra feeling of physical comfort induced by the weed just makes me want to lay in bed more than anything else. I've also just generally never liked drugs that make it hard for me to think straight, and it's easier to just completely shut my brain off than to try and do an activity while addled.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Ytlaya posted:

I literally always just want to sleep after smoking weed. Doesn't matter what kind of weed.

that makes sense because there's no difference between different "strains" of weed, that's all fake poo poo too

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I took a course to be a weed sommelier back when legalization was first getting widespread. It is the fakest poo poo on earth dawg. Right up there with Econ courses in college, just memorizing outright fabrications and marketing material for a cert.

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

what can you recommend for a weed to pair with a whole package of Klondike bars?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Ditch

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I think sativa vs indica is real, and there's pretty obviously observable differences in quality and effect based on your source, but agreed that the complex science they've made of it is mostly bullshit bc your exact experience is way too dependent on your mindset at time of smoking to be as finely calibrated as they make it out to be. Like, you're gonna get more anxious if you have something to be anxious about and more relaxed if you don't. Anyone comparing it to wine is absolutely just trying to game the marketing

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

aw frig aw dang it posted:

what can you recommend for a weed to pair with a whole package of Klondike bars?

Ah yes sir, a fine Indica would do you wonders. The chocolate notes from 9 LB Hammer would be my first recommendation. If you are daring and seeking an apatite enhancer I'll steer you towards the Skywalker OG or any of the fine strains in the OG family.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

that makes sense because there's no difference between different "strains" of weed, that's all fake poo poo too

there are lots of differences between any given strains including wildly different quantities of the various psychoactive components but the "indica" and "sativa" categories commonly used to sort them are basically meaningless concepts because they've all been crossed a bunch of times, and also there was never really any measurable evidence of the particular effects commonly ascribed to "indica" versus "sativa" to begin with

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Jose posted:

your brain works but your dick don't

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

loquacius posted:

I think sativa vs indica is real, and there's pretty obviously observable differences in quality and effect based on your source, but agreed that the complex science they've made of it is mostly bullshit bc your exact experience is way too dependent on your mindset at time of smoking to be as finely calibrated as they make it out to be. Like, you're gonna get more anxious if you have something to be anxious about and more relaxed if you don't. Anyone comparing it to wine is absolutely just trying to game the marketing

Yeah, my experience is that sativa vs indica at least has some truth to it while also being vague and inexact but everything else is nonsense. Different strains are different experiences but my experience with one won't really tell you your experience.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I was right

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

skill issue

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Indica gets you couch locked like This

Sativa gets you paranoid schizophrenic like That