Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

theshim posted:

sextants are good because every so often I get to cash them in for a huge pile of divines

As with most other things in pathofexile dot exe all you cash in is your RSI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Using sextants pretty much quadrupled my income. They are a necessary evil.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
haven't done this in a while, time for a character retrospective as this league wraps up

1) LA into Tshot Deadeye: first time ever actually leaguestarting a character like this, and it went much more smoothly than I expected. I really kept investing a lot into this character as I progressed, constantly getting incrementally but significantly better bows for the first week in addition to a lot of my other gear, which is something I tend to be bad at. A while later I'd return to this character and throw on a HH and a mirror phys bow but honestly I wasn't that impressed with the power level vs the investment and ended up reselling the bow after a while (not that I did anything with it but it's nice to have a mirror I guess). As a league starter and blaster this was a pretty great one for a while, and though I don't think I'm gonna start it again any time soon, I don't regret it. Deadeye is still a trash garbage ascendancy for idiots.

2) Chargestacker Ice Nova of Frostbolts Jugg: man those boots are getting nerfed. The full chargestacker gearset was extremely flexible and powerful and I used them a few times this league. It provided enough power that I decided to go Jugg with it for a bunch of additional bulk, relying on the gear and gem interactions to make up the damage. Honestly, it worked very well, and somehow I didn't even mind the two-button playstyle nearly as much as I used to. I didn't scale this character particularly far in any direction but it was very strong and very fun. Also found my first ever mirror!

3) CF Champ MF: I've done CF Champ a few times and it's still a solid as hell character, and I invested a fuckton into this guy...and honestly, I was still kinda meh on it for this league. Since I wanted to make a giga juiced MF runner, I threw a ton of money into making this guy hella tanky while still dealing good damage (also I bought the wrong chest corruption like a fuckin' moron and never fixed it because I never saw the right one pop up on the market the entire time I played the character, so gently caress me I guess). The thing is, while he was extremely tanky, I still died more often than I liked to turbojuiced gently caress-you beyond rares with like Soul Eater and enrage and poo poo, which really put a damper on the character for me, and the biggest reason I kept dying to those was that I really just did not do enough damage for the level of juice I was running. CF Champ is insanely good at clear up to a point but wisped delirium-upped beyond rares just took too long to die and that gave them time to wail on me. I still love this build, and I'm sure if I put another few hundred divines into it I would have been able to get more damage out of it, but I still don't think it would have been enough damage to compensate for how insanely bulky some of the mobs got this league with high levels of wisps.

4) Blade Blast of Detonation Assassin: another character that used the chargestacker setup, but built for much higher damage. BBoD on Assassin (or Saboteur if you don't have the FF jewels) was a much smoother playstyle than I feared, just had to remember to recast your brands every so often and other than that it was charge around towards enemies and right click and watch the screen disappear. A very satisfying poppoppoppoppop that also dealt a huge amount of damage (I never really pinned it down but it was easily in the 30-50m range). Kinda squishy, of course, but I vaporized almost everything before it got a chance to touch me. Another very enjoyable character!

5) Fulcrum Chieftain: I decided I wanted to actually give it a go after people were singing its praises (and after the staff dropped in price a bit) because I felt like MFing again but didn't want to go back to my Champ at the time. And, uh, yeah this build is real real stupid. Very chill, just walk towards enemies menacingly and collect loot. The build is extremely good at one thing and utter and complete dogshit and literally everything else, so I ended up bouncing back and forth between it and other characters depending on what I wanted to do at the time, but for giga juiced maps (with the right mods and sextants) it was ludicrously good. Major annoyance was that it would occasionally leave a tanky rare alive and there was almost no way to kill them before the heat death of the universe (sometimes Vaal Breach helped). I usually don't like to make characters that are so narrowly focused, I much prefer my characters to be able to do a bit of everything so I don't get bored, and this is usually one of the big weaknesses of my characters, so it was nice to see one fully optimized for one thing and then taking him and blasting it. Also this character is stupidly, absurdly tanky, and was my first ever level 100 character (and my first 99, too). Don't think I even died once at 99.

6) Penance Brand of Dissipation Inq: hoooooo boy, this was Some Bullshit. Chargestacker, cold conversion with Heatshiver and Dialla's, the works. Farmed ubers without breaking a sweat thanks to obscenely overwhelming levels of damage. Invested a bunch into tankiness too, was using a Badge of the Brotherhood for a long time for Even More Damage but eventually swapped it out for a Defiance of Destiny to really make him hard to kill. Ubers could still oneshot me a lot of the time thanks to a poor life total and not always having Progenesis up but who cared if I died once because they'd be dead before they could hit me a second time! I really pushed hard on Delve for a while on this guy though, that was my bigger project. Ultimately, I stopped around depth 650 or so and then went back to going sideways around 550 where I was a bit more comfortable. I way way way overemphasized damage on this character and could very easily have gotten a lot more bulk, but PBoD is utterly loving stupid this league and I wanted to push it really hard. Honestly this character kinda killed the league for me a bit, as I still had a couple other character ideas I was somewhat interested in trying (like the BAMA build) but I knew that anything I did would just feel so, so much worse compared to how easily overpowered this guy was. I did kinda want to try PBoD on a PF but I wanted an Original Sin for that and lol, lmao, those things were over 1.5 mirrors, gimme a break.

Had a great time overall this league and am ready to come back for Necropolis and get owned.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Considering that they're getting rid of T4 Aisling bench because of what a pain in the rear end that was to trade for, I wouldn't be surprised if sextants were given a similar treatment.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

theshim posted:

haven't done this in a while, time for a character retrospective as this league wraps up

I've got nothing better to do, so:

1. Divine Ire of Disintegration Totem Hierophant. Level 96. An OK all-arounder, pretty cheap to get off the ground. Struggled with pinnacle bosses though. If GGG was serious about QOL changes they'd add the ability to individually altar the volume of skills because having your totems spam DIre sounds loving awful (and both DIre MTX makes it sound even worse).

1a. Storm Burst Totem Hierophant. Holy poo poo Storm Burst is way better in this setup than DIre. Really should've switched sooner. Would probably stick with this if doing a dedicated Sanctum farmer (got the "lvl 83 with no Relics" challenge on this character). Still sucked to do pinnacle bosses with.

1b. Power Siphon of the Archmage Totem Hierophant. "Hmm, that seems like a neat idea" + "I have a Mageblood". Didn't spend too much time with it because of how late it was in the league, but if I started with this one from the jump I probably wouldn't have done build #2.

2. Lightning Strike Omni Champion. Never did Omni before and wanted something "melee". Eventually got this level 100, but it still struggled in some areas (lots of Affliction cocaine, although most of those encounters wound up being really really really really long stalemates where I'd eventually win; DoTs).

3. Penance Brand of Dissipation Poison Pathfinder. Level 96. lol. Only did this one because of everyone saying PBoD is busted (true) and to do stuff my LS Champ couldn't quite do (Ubers, anything with a ton of block or regen). One step closer to me only playing Pathfinders from here on out because permanent flasks are just too drat good and it's a very versatile Ascendancy (for now). Master Surgeon + Petrified Blood is a cool defensive combo I didn't even think about until doing this build.

4. Cold Blade Vortex Occultist. "Maybe I should try a little bit of crafting" + "I just bought a Headhunter and need a build for it". Only got to level 77 because burnout. Really cool when you've got the lawnmower going and can just run around destroying screens, but getting that mower started up kinda sucks.

5. Firestorm of Meteors Trap Saboteur. Level 83. For the 0.1% private league. Besides buying the gem did this entirely SSF. Wanted to see if I could use traps to spam a bunch of big-rear end meteors at enemies. It could be viable but I was getting burned out, Last Epoch just released and I could not get a goddamn 5L to save my life, so I haven't touched this in about 3 weeks.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

For those of you playing LE between POE seasons, how are you enjoying it?

I haven’t given it a chance yet but according to player numbers and other things I’ve heard it seems like it deserves a fair shake…

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
LE did not grab me at all.

I’m sure that’s partly due to post-affliction burnout, but also there just isnt anything about the game that seemed new or different enough to justify the time.

Im definitely keeping an eye on it though, and if they address the balance issues and make endgame more fun then I may try it again.

In short, im a dopamine addict first and an arpg fan second.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
I like LE. The endgame is fairly limited, but every other game's endgame is limited compared to PoE's. But I never get far into endgame is this genre, so that didn't bother me.

It's extremely SSF friendly, and it also has trade now, which people seem to like.

If you want an approachable ARPG with some neat skill interactions, I recommend it.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
LE is a solid game with a lot of promise. The end-game is a bit lacking right now so it's only good for a few weeks between PoE leagues, but it feels good to play and there's some fun 'my first PoE'-level skill and item interactions to experiment with. It's definitely worth the $35 or whatever it is right now.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

The limited endgame is what's turning me off. The main endgame loop is kinda like Delve in that you can keep making the Difficulty/Reward number go up, but that's basically it (and it seems to be a rather slow process to make that number go up so my current character is just sleepwalking through things). And the encounter areas themselves are really monotonous between having few fewer tilesets (which all have a fixed layout) and no mechanics to really break up the monotony besides the occasional Rogue encounter (or "Exiled Mage", in this case).

I might roll another character just to see how twink leveling and the campaign skips work, but I'm not exactly in a rush.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

In the Necropolis expansion, Stacked Decks and Diviner's Strongboxes no longer drop Divination Cards for boss exclusive Unique Items.

*shrug*

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

It's probably a rough time to be ones of those guys who makes a poe youtube video every day.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

Overall a net positive in terms of making unique content actually unique.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Nerfoqolis

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Just made a skeleton of a pob for sword pestilent Strike before realizing that it's viper strike you can use with swords, not pestilent :shepicide:

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Ruggan posted:

For those of you playing LE between POE seasons, how are you enjoying it?

I haven’t given it a chance yet but according to player numbers and other things I’ve heard it seems like it deserves a fair shake…

Your campaign is to a5 in terms of time
Your map device unlocks in a3
Your character can start mapping in a3
Your maps cap out at t5
You can do 3 variants of sanctum

You have no map mechanics, map content or map device crafting options, no juicing, no any other mechanic

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

You are limited to class specific gems that clarissa sells, with applicable support gems.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

You can't respec your Ascendancy at all but you can put 2 points into the other ones.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
The unid map change - so long as they don't tie achievements to it, not too big a deal to me.

However, the only corruptions they showed were positive things, which seems very un-GGG. Are those types of things only 5% chance, the other 95% of the time it's all "no leech/regen" and "every mob is archnem" and "immune to everything"? Hopefully I'm wrong?

After the past few years, I can't take any positive news from them without wondering what the monkey paw unmentioned nerf side is (like the res flask nerf).

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
Watch the league mechanic be Crucible Trees, but for maps. Where we have to run an increasingly difficult map over and over to gain points that increase loot AND difficulty.

And oh yeah, these maps will perma-kill your character before they drop the good poo poo. Valdo’s is so popular they cant resist but expound upon the idea.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
chargeboots prediction:

one (or more) of the following changes will be made to the chargeboots in 3.24:

1) moved to t0 rarity
2) added line of "-1 max charges"
3) text changed to "count as having 3 end/frenzy/power charges"

2 would be I think an appropriate change, 3 would leave them largely unused unless you could do something very stupid with discharge

I'm betting on 2 and possibly also a rarity bump but not to t0

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I'll put figurative money on "Move to T0 and +max charges have 50% effect".

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

They're already T1 to my understanding, T0 wouldn't surprise me.

ubachung
Jul 30, 2006
My favourite build this league was a slayer that relied heavily on ralakesh's impatience, PBoD and instant recovery from replica doedre's damning and the curse mastery. It wouldn't surprise me to see at least 2 of these nerfed, which would probably kill the build entirely, at least at the sort of budget I can usually afford.

r0rb
Oct 14, 2012
My 3 builds this league.

League started Scourge arrow ballista pathfinder. I'm addicted to league starting this build. Pathfinder is so tanky right out of the gate with all the flask passives and being able to use petrified blood for 0 downside is like a free progenesis. Scourge arrow on ballistas has massive clear and your poisons proliferate so entire screens just die. Love this build.

2nd char, PBoD trickster. Wow what a build. Trickster is tanky as hell with ghost shrouds, big evasion, big ES pool, and overleech. Almost never died and this was my first character that I grinded myself to 100 on. Did a ton of uber maven farming on this character and dumped a lot of currency into it on corruptions (and max power charge ring, good lordy those are pricey). He's also still delving to see how far down I can get, at around 1000 depth now and everything is still melting.

Last character, Chains of Command necromancer. I wanted a build that can afk blight and boy can this build ever. It's kind of crazy how much damage a kitted out AG with voidforge and all the animated weapons do. I just fire up a blighted map zone in and come back 5 minutes later to collect my loot.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Twitch drop info for Thursday's stream.

"Suffering", a very appropriate name for that MTX (my back hurts just looking at it) and hopefully not an omen for Necropolis.

r0rb posted:

Last character, Chains of Command necromancer. I wanted a build that can afk blight and boy can this build ever. It's kind of crazy how much damage a kitted out AG with voidforge and all the animated weapons do. I just fire up a blighted map zone in and come back 5 minutes later to collect my loot.

Got a guide or such for this? One of those back-of-my-mind builds has been a Chains character ever since a I did a Pathfinder (Mother's Embrace + shitload of Writhing Jars for infinite AWs) one way way way back when, so I'm definitely interested in a not-poo poo version.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Mar 18, 2024

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

whypick1 posted:

Twitch drop info for Thursday's stream.

"Suffering", a very appropriate name for that MTX (my back hurts just looking at it) and hopefully not an omen for Necropolis.

Death (Twilight) Stranding league

r0rb
Oct 14, 2012

whypick1 posted:

Got a guide or such for this? One of those back-of-my-mind builds has been a Chains character ever since a I did a Pathfinder (Mother's Embrace + shitload of Writhing Jars for infinite AWs) one way way way back when, so I'm definitely interested in a not-poo poo version.

I can post my PoB when I get home tonight. It costs a few hundred divines to get going, with around 100-150 just on gearing the AG. I've never seen its health move though so I'm not worried about it dying in maps.

r0rb fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Mar 18, 2024

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

DangerDongs posted:

Using sextants pretty much quadrupled my income. They are a necessary evil.

Yeah this last league particularly kind of ruined me; I can never alch & go again. Obviously multiple projectiles/abyss antics are kind of an extreme example, but I literally felt like I was making 5 times as much currency by targeting juicing than I would have without. It's not a marginal gain at all; it's extremely significant.

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

league retrospective as best i can remember:

started after the holidays with a MF caustic arrow pathfinder. going directly into MF and a wandering path atlas tree was pure pain. both damage and survivability were absolute poo poo. once i had about 10d in disposable income i figured out that crafting large chaos clusters was very easy and profitable. did that for 2-3 days and got up to about 80d. respeced into PBoD MF and started doing moderately juiced T7 cems to gear up a bit more. swapped to T11 burials with higher investment and immediately started making insane money (to me anyway, not atypical for this league by any means). bought a headhunter but sold it back the next day after realizing it did nothing for the build. bought a mageblood for later. found a mirror after i had 400-500d in other currency and wanted to try armor stacker since i had seen that charms made them more accessible than ever before. started with a doryani's version and hated it, eventually found a guide for a non-doryani's version that could get up and running for about 150d + mageblood and really liked it. crafted and bought a ton of nice gear for it. killed every uber and cleared the feared for the first time. delved to around 700, basically did everything except for T17 maps. got to the point where all my gear upgrades were either mirror tier rares or uniques like Original Sin that cost over a mirror and burned out.

juiciest league so far and given how close poe2 is it could very well be the high water mark for poe1. obviously next league won't be as crazy but the way they're touting all this QOL stuff for next league makes me think the power level is going to be intolerably low. unless the league mechanic is particularly interesting idk if i'll play much or at all.

r0rb
Oct 14, 2012

r0rb posted:

I can post my PoB when I get home tonight. It costs a few hundred divines to get going, with around 100-150 just on gearing the AG. I've never seen its health move though so I'm not worried about it dying in maps.

Here is my PoB for my AG chains of command necro. AFKs blight and maps very well. Use Soul of Tukohama when AFKing blights, swap to Abberath when mapping. Ground degens are about the only thing that have a chance to kill you outside of a big beefy physical one shot.

AG's gear set is listed under ag in the items pull down menu.

I upgraded my AG's gloves to have ele weakness on hit, so I dropped it out of my set up and put a movement skill in instead, because this build walks slooooooooow.

https://pobb.in/KqBYT4K_IcE2

r0rb fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Mar 18, 2024

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

xZAOx posted:

The unid map change - so long as they don't tie achievements to it, not too big a deal to me.

However, the only corruptions they showed were positive things, which seems very un-GGG. Are those types of things only 5% chance, the other 95% of the time it's all "no leech/regen" and "every mob is archnem" and "immune to everything"? Hopefully I'm wrong?

After the past few years, I can't take any positive news from them without wondering what the monkey paw unmentioned nerf side is (like the res flask nerf).

Well it's replacing the "turn it unidentified" option which is 30% free quant, so whether it's a nerf depends on whether on average you get more or less than that. Even if they don't add negative corrupted implicits, there's still the chance of rerolling to +1 tier or 8 mods which might include mods which brick it

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

GGG sure is bad at shipping physical items for supporter packs. My order is now 6 months old and has yet to ship.

Send me my hoodie you jerks

It's not even cold anymore

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

?? Fall is just starting ?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

euphronius posted:

?? Fall is just starting ?

Did you change hemispheres

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

hemispheres

lol

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1769847588868780365

Neat to have, but also they're removing the ability to put instant-cast poo poo on lmb because I guess they don't want people to automate it too easily.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

One more bullet into Vortex's corpse. :rip:

It kinda sucks that it requires a support gem to do this, but it does mean you can have multiple instant cast skills automated as opposed to just one skill on LMB.

This is also going to make Guardian that much easier, won't it? Was thinking of Absolution as my starter.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

curious decision GGG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Not everything needs to be a skill gem, some things can just be game features