Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
https://www.cnbc.com/2024/03/18/trump-campaign-cash-crunch-small-dollar-donor-fatigue-major-donor-nerves.html

Trump has exhausted his small dollar donors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

I can't even fathom this level of brainwashing.

He had to have made a poo poo ton of money off of trump.
And his prison is probably going to be the Martha Stewart country club prison.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Ho hum, going to prison for Donald J Trump, NBD!

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

I can't even fathom this level of brainwashing.

i can't even fathom taking peter navarro remotely at face value.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Oh I'm sure he'll find a way to talk Grandma and Grandpa out of their social security checks by making them afraid that woke immigrants will eat their grandchildren with vaccines or something.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Failed Imagineer posted:

:yooge: THAT MAKES ME SMART

fake edit: I rewatched Gremlins 2 over the weekend. I'd forgotten it's one of the movies that absolutely clowns on Donald Trump (the billionaire megalomaniac character is Daniel Clamp and the whole movie takes place in the Clamp Center, a building of terminally hosed-up yuppie bullshit). Still somehow, the Trump stand-in is a million times more capable, intelligent and empathetic than real life Trumb could ever have been. Classic movie though.

lmao i decided to download the gremlin movies and apparently they made a modern anime about the gremlins so i grabbed that too. wtf was that really necessary?

(lol)

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
Cutting from Fortune magazine of yesteryear

Can't believe they'd rate ENRON so high and slander TRUMP like this...

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Lol jfc reddit sucks, that's so lame.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

NoiseAnnoys posted:

i can't even fathom taking peter navarro remotely at face value.
all I will ever think of when I see his name is sign-girl heckler and how she is surely celebrating right now

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Heavy_D posted:

Cutting from Fortune magazine of yesteryear

Can't believe they'd rate ENRON so high and slander TRUMP like this...

it's true, nobody respects shoney's.

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Soldiers in combat gave their lives defending our country so the least I can do is completely gently caress up my life defending a senile rapist.

Hey, to each their own.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

drat. herman miller just a big swinging dick all these years -- reppin on NPR, selling $3000 chairs to rich people.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

NoiseAnnoys posted:

it's true, nobody respects shoney's.

this is false, Scott Steiner respects Shoney's so much that he bought one

Counted
Apr 28, 2023

quote:

Less than a year ago, on April 4, 2023, Trump raised nearly $4 million online the day he pleaded not guilty to his first indictment in New York, for falsifying business records, according to Politico.

At the time, it was Trump’s single best online fundraising day of the year. “The first indictment was huge for everybody,” this fundraiser explained, referring to Trump’s online small-dollar fundraising efforts.

But on June 13, when Trump was in court over his handling of classified government records, the former president only raised $1.3 million from just over 35,000 donors.

78 percent of Americans lived paycheck-to-paycheck in 2023, so it's not like the same small donors can just roll around 2 months later and donate the same amounts no matter how many !!!THIS COULD BE THE MOST IMPORTANT DONATION DRIVE OF HISTORY, RIGHT NOW, I WILL MATCH WHATEVER YOU DONATE FOR LIMITED TIME!!! the GOP puts on the bottom of their fundraising emails lol

Edit: Also imagine telling someone in 2015 that a campaign fundraiser would be talking about an indictment for their candidate that way, what a weird time to be alive

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

tek79 posted:

Soldiers in combat gave their lives defending our country so the least I can do is completely gently caress up my life defending a senile rapist.

Hey, to each their own.

A proud Republican tradition since the 80's.

Although I suppose the convicted rapist bit is a new twist.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

tek79 posted:

Hey, to each their own.

"soldiers gave their lives defending this country so that I could destroy it"

soldiers with tears in their eyes!

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

so apparently his jail is next to a zoo..
https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/18/politics/peter-navarro-miami-prison-supreme-court/index.html

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Buce posted:

"soldiers gave their lives defending this country so that I could destroy it"

soldiers with tears in their eyes!

Only loser soldiers though!

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

There’s a greater than zero chance of him getting poo flung at him from the chimpanzee cage so it’s a hearty :lol:

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Stoatbringer posted:

Argh when is anything actually going to happen to him?

tbh best case he stays out of prison but is bankrupted, drains the GOP dry, keeps losing, and yet stays the eternal nominee out of lack of alternative or fear of being murdered by chuds

hell for all involved

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

If Trump loses the election, he’s definitely eating a conviction soon after, and I bet he takes the Kenneth Lay way out and quits taking his heart or bp medication rather than serve a day in prison.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

kazil posted:

lol that 30 underwriters said no

What does this mean for Trump though? What happens now that he can't pay?

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
It rules that Navarro thought he could just ignore multiple congressional subpoenas and not go to prison

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

lol

also top story on cnbc

quote:

Elon Musk said his March 3 meeting with Donald Trump in Florida was not planned, and that the presumptive Republican presidential nominee did not ask Musk to contribute to his campaign.

“I was at a breakfast at a friend’s place, and Donald Trump came by. That’s it,” Musk said in an interview with former CNN anchor Don Lemon, which aired Monday morning.

Musk told Lemon he did not go to Florida with the express purpose of meeting with Trump. Rather, Musk said he was staying at a friend’s house when he was asked if it would be all right if Trump stopped by for breakfast.

“Okay, fine,” Musk said he replied.

“Let’s just say he did most of the talking,” Musk said of the former president. “There was nothing particularly groundbreaking or new,” said Musk. “President Trump likes to talk. And so, he talked. I don’t recall him saying anything that he hasn’t said publicly. And that was it, just a breakfast.”

Trump did not ask for money or any other form of donation, Musk said.

“I’m not paying his legal bills in any way, shape or form … and he did not ask me for money,” said Musk.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Oh I'm sure he'll find a way to talk Grandma and Grandpa out of their social security checks by making them afraid that woke immigrants will eat their grandchildren with vaccines or something.

They already donated their checks, and what they didn't donate they spent on Trump gold coins, Trump shoes, and Nigerian Prince scams. Also there's a million less Grandmas and Grandpas to donate because of COVID.

Stoatbringer posted:

Argh when is anything actually going to happen to him?

The entire system is designed and continuously reinforced to make sure rich/famous people don't go to jail. IMO its sort of amazing that all the cases against him have stuck this far.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Bullshit. Elon does not have friends.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Vampire Panties posted:

They already donated their checks, and what they didn't donate they spent on Trump gold coins, Trump shoes, and Nigerian Prince scams. Also there's a million less Grandmas and Grandpas to donate because of COVID.

The entire system is designed and continuously reinforced to make sure rich/famous people don't go to jail. IMO its sort of amazing that all the cases against him have stuck this far.

It does kinda feel like the courts are doing everything in their power to keep Trump out of prison, and the only thing that can put Trump there is Trump himself by being stupid. Luckily for us Trump is a very stupid person that is incapable of shutting the gently caress up.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
It's still weird that The Large Orange thought that "angry pouting grimace" was the way super totally innocent people show up in court.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

kazil posted:

Bullshit. Elon does not have friends.

And Trump doesn’t have any acquaintances where he would just stop by for breakfast while Elon musk also happened to be visiting.

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

withak posted:

And Trump doesn’t have any acquaintances where he would just stop by for breakfast while Elon musk also happened to be visiting.

It's proof that Epstein isn't actually dead, he's on the lam in Florida.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Cannon is doing her best

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Durf posted:

lol

also top story on cnbc

LOL he totally begged him for money

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

United Steelworkers endorsing Biden:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1769830704454504668

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

please inform the jury that your favorite presidemt is actually innocent and holy and pure, tia

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Elon Musk is a known liar.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
it's actually impossible for a president to violate the presidential records act

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

spunkshui posted:

Elon Musk is a known liar.
He's a known moron too, but that hasn't stopped people from believing he's a super genius because he has money and they don't.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007