Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

TaurusTorus posted:

Have they patched the "PS5 player changes bile titan health" bug yet? It could be that.

Risky Bisquick posted:

I regularly one shot titans with a 500kg, throw it down and when the titans is over the strategem juke left/right and get him to puke so he stands still.

That said, just use EATs, 500kg is a oh poo poo no EATs nearby kind of thing
Alright, going and fiddling about with this myself-you're correct, you can oneshot them, no stealth nerf happened and ps5 player in the party not required.
It's just really fiddly and they have to be perfectly over top of it, in a way that is tough to finagle when other bugs are around.

https://i.imgur.com/BCPZY7g.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I've had a pubbie grab an AC backpack that I dropped into the mission at some point (usually a low pressure extract) and reload me while I fired. It's great whenever it happens but needing the loader to wear the backpack is the biggest obstacle to having it happen more. Now I get it if they want it to be a bit of a minor secret, but it'd be loads easier getting that sort of interaction to happen if they just let it also work when the gunner is wearing the backpack.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

Ravenfood posted:

I love how zooming in first person with the AMR occasionally leaves the sights in giant blocky blobs.

The weapon sight textures turning into giant obscuring blobs if your texture quality drops sure was a choice they made.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

TaurusTorus posted:

"PS5 player changes bile titan health" bug yet?

this belief is entirely based on that one youtube video right?

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

LazyMaybe posted:

That same guy near the start of this video on the current patch says he believes that either the 500kg was nerfed or bile titan HP was buffed, because it simply does not oneshot them anymore.

If anyone can supply a video on the current patch of a bile titan that definitely has not taken damage from other sources getting oneshot by a 500kg, I will happily eat my words.
I see you already went and tested it but I already made this gif so I figured I'd just tack on additional proof:
https://i.imgur.com/YM20V8h.mp4
This was my third attempt at this mind you; the other two I failed to accomplish the one-shot so I think "500kg and change" is a good average for bile titan kills.

Warad posted:

if you shot off the two front ones, then no, they can still crawl at you but usually if you get both off the same side (so the front AND the back) they will go down or at the very least have so little health than a couple extra shots into the noggin or taking out the remaining front leg finishes them off.

Edit: I've noticed it depends on the gun though, the Stock Assault Rifle and the SMGs (I think) can do it, the AP AR and Marksman rifles for some reason don't seem as effective at it for whatever reason and I don't have much experience with the laser rifles to say if they're good at it either.
The AP AR does less damage per shot so it'll have a harder time sawing off the legs, but if you're using it it's kind of a moot point because you should be shooting them in the head anyway due to it full penetrating the head armour and popping it in like, 8 or 9 shots.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

what's this message I got when jumping in just now?

Warad
Aug 10, 2019

Insert name here posted:

The AP AR does less damage per shot so it'll have a harder time sawing off the legs, but if you're using it it's kind of a moot point because you should be shooting them in the head anyway due to it full penetrating the head armour and popping it in like, 8 or 9 shots.

True. though I find Broods to be extremely tanky even with the AP Liberator thanks to the whole "berserk charge" mechanic when they get decapitated, I swear they take more time to bleed out and/or needing more follow up shots compared to taking their head off with something else.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

RandomBlue posted:

Why are you quitting the game, deserter?

I don’t have a spacesuit, stillsuit, or goon diaper.

MISSIONS ARE LONG AND I GOTTA PISS.

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

grieving for Gandalf posted:

what's this message I got when jumping in just now?

I dunno man. I didn't get a message

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Imo they should make it so stalkers don't have overlapping nest ranges. It's impossible to manage 8+ continuously zerging you along with everything else and every loving time there are two nests in proximity it's 5-10 deaths for the team no matter how good we're doing

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

You don't even need the 500kg for titan

https://i.imgur.com/z0RFMbO.mp4

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Hey kids! It is the Super Earth Science Squad! ™

Today we will learn about gravity.

Now an enthusiastic Hell Diver might forget this in a patriotic fervor, but gravity helps the enemy just as much as it helps democracy.

So remember, don't throw an impact grenade straight up at a dropship and expect it go well. Not unless you have cutting edge patriot cyber arms!*

*No testing has been done to prove this

EDIT: Okay I think impact grenades might actually just no-clip up through the center of the dropships? Maybe I should have aimed at the enemy instead :downs: Also I learned the rocket launcher troopers can use flares :argh:

Section Z fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Mar 19, 2024

Baby T. Love
Aug 5, 2009

LazyMaybe posted:

It's just really fiddly and they have to be perfectly over top of it, in a way that is tough to finagle when other bugs are around.

I've been using Stun Grenades to stop them in just the right spot. The grenade fuse is just long enough to pop right on a Bile Titan at 25-40 meters away throwing at 45 degrees up. I do it with the default orbital strike too.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Make sure to test the 500kg with your hanger bay maxed out if it makes any difference, afair one of those upgrades reduced falloff damage

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Risky Bisquick posted:

Make sure to test the 500kg with your hanger bay maxed out if it makes any difference, afair one of those upgrades reduced falloff damage

That's for orbitals

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Risky Bisquick posted:

Unless I'm crazy the Hangar upgrades only make it so you can call down Eagles faster. The first cuts the call-in cooldown by 50%, the second cuts the rearm time by 20%, and the last gives you an extra run before you need to rearm.

There is another upgrade that reduces falloff for all orbital strikes, but I don't remember seeing the 500kg there.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Are there mod enforced rules about upcoming content that we should be abiding by? Theres a bunch of leaked stratagems that are really interesting.

Noobicide
Sep 12, 2007

Noobicide posted:

Has anyone else had trouble joining games the last few days? I'm stuck on "searching for active SOS beacon" indefinitely using quickplay no matter what time of day. Also can't join games on the map or have anyone join my games. This is on PC, not internet problems otherwise. I reinstalled, checked firewall, ran as admin, verified files, no luck...

Tried keeping cross play off, still can’t join or have anyone join me. Seems to be other posts about this on steam support forum. Guess I’m stuck solo until a patch

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Jerkface posted:

Are there mod enforced rules about upcoming content that we should be abiding by? Theres a bunch of leaked stratagems that are really interesting.

:justpost:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Noobicide posted:

Tried keeping cross play off, still can’t join or have anyone join me. Seems to be other posts about this on steam support forum. Guess I’m stuck solo until a patch

My quickplay and mission joining have been hosed for a while, but I'm still able to join games using Steam's friend list. Are you playing on Steam?

theysayheygreg
Oct 5, 2010

some rusty fish

Jerkface posted:

just spoiler it imo

Noobicide
Sep 12, 2007

Hwurmp posted:

My quickplay and mission joining have been hosed for a while, but I'm still able to join games using Steam's friend list. Are you playing on Steam?

Yes but I’m a loser with no friends

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Yeah who gives a poo poo lol

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Jerkface posted:

Are there mod enforced rules about upcoming content that we should be abiding by?

no

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Noobicide posted:

Yes but I’m a loser with no friends

That doesn't stop any of us, and it needn't stop you. Join the Discord and ask some other goons to play, or join their games

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

novaSphere posted:

The magazine on the Breaker was changed when its capacity was nerfed and we've already seen a 6-slot supply backpack, so I don't see why altering the AC backpack or clip models would be some massive blocker if it actually came down to it. I also think the AC ammo is fine :confused:

It rules, you can pretty much use it as your primary :blastu:

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I’m dumb and old and don’t use Discord, how do I potentially group with goons? I’m on PC and joined both servers from the first post, but there didn’t seem to be a dedicated Helldivers channel. There were a few people in voice chat but I’m guessing they were grouped up together.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

The helldivers leaks reddit has some upcoming stratagems that bring a lot of anti armor stuff to the game and its all really cool:

- disposable 4 shot commando rocket launcher that i think is as strong as an EAT and laser guided, it can blow up a fab in 1 shot to any part of the building

- energy launcher that is as strong as the old railgun (2 to break charger leg) vs armor but unlimited ammo and with a charge up time as a trade off

- call downable single use missile tube with a laser designator that blows up structures (like jammer and eye of sauron) and 1 taps heavies

- 4x autocannon arm mech

Lots of very fun looking toys.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

I’m dumb and old and don’t use Discord, how do I potentially group with goons? I’m on PC and joined both servers from the first post, but there didn’t seem to be a dedicated Helldivers channel. There were a few people in voice chat but I’m guessing they were grouped up together.

you can join this group and add or join into goon games from it
https://steamcommunity.com/groups/goondivers2/members

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!

Risky Bisquick posted:

I regularly one shot titans with a 500kg, throw it down and when the titans is over the strategem juke left/right and get him to puke so he stands still.

That said, just use EATs, 500kg is a oh poo poo no EATs nearby kind of thing

Getting that *clunk* sound when the 5000 hits a charger on the head is great though

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

The arc shotgun is a piece of poo poo.

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

You need to get the associated role to see the channel.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

SplitSoul posted:

The arc shotgun is a piece of poo poo.

It’s a vibes-based firearm and you failed it

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I headshot instagibbed a charger at 120m with a recoilless rifle today. :blastu: This game is so drat satisfying.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

imo the best leak is that the illuminate roster and associated assets appear to be either done or very far along into development. hopefully they'll be added relatively soon as the (giga spoilers) game at the moment is more or less just a scripted prologue leading up to the illuminate appearing, at which point it'll transition to a more dynamic galactic war scenario like HD1

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Kly posted:

you can join this group and add or join into goon games from it
https://steamcommunity.com/groups/goondivers2/members

Thank you!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Had a mission to destroy a Bot base. I join in just as we're about to drop and see that I'm the highest level at 21 and then the next highest is 12. And we're playing on 7s and dropping directly on top of the base. Threw my orbital and my 500kg bomb and then ran like hell for the extraction because we were absolutely not going to survive a slugging back. One of the cadet players must have daisy chained at least twenty bots across the map chasing him.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Kly posted:

this belief is entirely based on that one youtube video right?

I based it off other people in this thread saying it and repeated it uncritically.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

https://images-ext-1.discordapp.net/external/E6U-NOiKviXcAQBXWFMKh7KaBLx4k24nb_6-GmJc1B4/https/i.imgur.com/CRPxmdg.mp4

On my first set of Difficulty 9s lol

Had lost all our specials to a bugged bile titan corpse tossing me and another carrier out into a lake earlier that mission

Dandywalken fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Mar 19, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I think the most exciting leak is that there's a lot of stuff in the game files referring to clans, though it's always possible that was scrapped during development in favor of cross-platform friends and they have no plans to implement them.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Mar 19, 2024