Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Mr. Nice! posted:

richard cheese is great karaoke.

hell yeah our local karaoke runner is having a surprise birthday party thrown this Friday and of course there will be karaoke so I’m stealing this. love me some Richard cheese

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
lol trump supposedly can't find an underwriter for the $464 million

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Beeftweeter posted:

they won't take his land as collateral which means that his chubb bond probably encumbered all of the marketable securities he owns. his filing said bond companies want $577m in collateral with $18m/yr in servicing payments.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Mr. Nice! posted:

they won't take his land as collateral which means that his chubb bond probably encumbered all of the marketable securities he owns. his filing said bond companies want $577m in collateral with $18m/yr in servicing payments.

yeah, and he's refusing to put any up for sale because "the value of any one of his properties far exceeds the judgement" lmao

i don't expect the court to buy that for a second, so we're probably looking at asset seizure here

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKl6n5tdvEk

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Beeftweeter posted:

Yeah I'm shocked that the guy whose worth is mostly fake/heavily leveraged, who also never pays anyone for anything couldn't find a legitimate bond company that'd take like a box of baseball cards and the ownership rights for a race horse in payment

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

It's going to be so funny when he wins again and all of this just goes away

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

It's going to be so funny when he wins again and all of this just goes away

he can't make a state court judgment disappear.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
now basically all of the other court cases though lol yeah he can just ask the DOJ and they instantly go poof

Apr 7, 2003

The AG of Texas has been under indictment for securities fraud for nine years. Laws are fake.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

disappear might be wrong, but if it has no effect that is about the same level of nitpick as noting that all other judgements also exist in an unchanging past

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

the US finally fully banned asbestos :toot:

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

woke manufacturing strikes again

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

[libertarianishly]how can you ban a naturally occurring mineral smdh

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

my first realization that NPR news may suck was when they interviewed a guy about how regulations that required him to ensure his products were lead free were crippling his childrens toy business and he received 0 pushback

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
my first was like idk 20-25 years ago where they started the top of the hour with ads for raytheon and boeing and archer daniels midland, but yeah also that poo poo.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

the second crack (when i started realizing i could just turn it off when it was getting bad) was the Whole Foods CEO's infamous "Obama is as bad as the Nazis by requiring me to provide health insurance" and then the end came when they just let one of those NYT editorial ghouls go on for 10 minutes about whatever.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

my first was like idk 20-25 years ago where they started the top of the hour with ads for raytheon and boeing and archer daniels midland, but yeah also that poo poo.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
nice polite republicans

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Mr. Nice! posted:

nice polite republicans

they're only mad because being mean to them is exactly the same as racism

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Lol

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

chubb bond lol

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
All the billionaire pedophile class just standing around looking at eachother waiting to see who offers first so they don't have to do it

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
that's the guy who sounds exactly like master shake right

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Sagebrush posted:

it is

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Sagebrush posted:

yeah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYz0RaZSMsA

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Fabricated posted:

All the billionaire pedophile class just standing around looking at eachother waiting to see who offers first so they don't have to do it

he is right that all of their money is tied up in overinflated/overleveraged assets so anyone who does make a move to help trump will collapse everyones house of cards

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

lol every time

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

Jonny 290 posted:

I learned about the invisible hand from NPR as a teenager and the guy was able to present the entire libertarian version of the concept totally uncontested. It was wild when I learned what the invisible hand really means and even wilder when I learned about the various sponsors.

Practically every villain in history has a fund or foundation in your NPR commercial break.

Ganguro King
Jul 26, 2007

I deleted the NPR news app a few years ago when they sent me a breaking news push notification that said “Does your home’s deed contain racist language?”

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
ah but do you have outside of america coal rollers:

https://i.imgur.com/sgp4ekr.mp4

baited them and they missed all of them

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Ganguro King posted:

I deleted the NPR news app a few years ago when they sent me a breaking news push notification that said “Does your home’s deed contain racist language?”

lol I remember that article

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Ganguro King posted:

did it have something to do with redlining? if so then every deed/mortgage contains racist language

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Branch Nvidian posted:

did it have something to do with redlining? if so then every deed/mortgage contains racist language

nah. there are a lot, and i mean a lot, of land titles in this country that still have language (because you can’t really remove it) that the land cannot be sold to or possessed by anyone other than white people.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

he is right that all of their money is tied up in overinflated/overleveraged assets so anyone who does make a move to help trump will collapse everyones house of cards
like that 2 billion Notre Dame pledge that was just "uhh have the government pay for this and then forgive us 2 bil in taxes"

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Mr. Nice! posted:

nah. there are a lot, and i mean a lot, of land titles in this country that still have language (because you can’t really remove it) that the land cannot be sold to or possessed by anyone other than white people.

:patriot:

Apr 7, 2003

I have a handwritten deed from the 1880s, think I’ll go look for racist poo poo in it

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I have a handwritten deed from the 1880s, think I’ll go look for racist poo poo in it

most of them are from the early to mid 1900s. this poo poo was suuuuper prevalent in the 1950s.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Mr. Nice! posted:

most of them are from the early to mid 1900s. this poo poo was suuuuper prevalent in the 1950s.

wonder what was going on then to make that a thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
lol my grandmas marriage license also makes sure everybody knows theyre real white