Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Target Practice posted:

Can you introduce mods mid-playthrough or do they tend to break stuff?

I wouldn't introduce anything that changes where things are placed on the game world, like SVE or farm layouts.

SVE is great though and worth a new playthrough. Especially with Grandpa's Farm.

QoL should generally be fine but I'm happy to lend my advice on anything specific. You can ask here or I have a steam account / discord if you'd think it's so much to be disruptive. No big. It's in my profile.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Mar 18, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

ZeeCee posted:

I wish I could have a dog and a cat :(

There are multiple mods that do this.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Target Practice posted:

Speaking of mods, is there like two or three QoL ones that doesn't alter the essence of the game too much? Sometimes I can fall down a mod hole and it gets ridiculous.

For mods that don’t really change anything, I always used Lookup Anything, which shows you associated info about, well, anything. Basically just avoids constantly tabbing over to the wiki.

I also use the mod that shows you on the map where NPCs currently are, though I’ve forgotten the name. Easier than having to remember it’s the third Tuesday in Autumn and it’s raining, so Caroline is at the beach or whatever

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

As long as Harvest Everything with Scythe, Time Speed, and Movement Speed mods work I'll be happy.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

When will the patch drop tomorrow? I’m on the east coast, will I wake up and it’s ready to go?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Cartoon Man posted:

When will the patch drop tomorrow? I’m on the east coast, will I wake up and it’s ready to go?

ConcernedApe said it was going to be when he’s awake tomorrow and that his timezone is PST. So probably not until midday, unfortunately.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

hopeandjoy posted:

ConcernedApe said it was going to be when he’s awake tomorrow and that his timezone is PST. So probably not until midday, unfortunately.

plot twist, he's still awake at midnight and drops it then

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Considering his twitter posts come out at 1pm est or 10am pst I suspect that is when

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

bunnyofdoom posted:

Considering his twitter posts come out at 1pm est or 10am pst I suspect that is when

augh that's not until like 5pm my time, this is outrageous

...I'm so excited. And I just spent a ridiculous amount on new games in the Steam sale, too. gently caress all that!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

HopperUK posted:

augh that's not until like 5pm my time, this is outrageous

...I'm so excited. And I just spent a ridiculous amount on new games in the Steam sale, too. gently caress all that!

The year is 2024 and I am probably going to put well over 100 hours into stardew valley, and rimworld (comedy option add another 150 or so for final fantasy seven)

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
I'm torn between the forest and beach maps. On the one hand, easy hardwood. On the other, I love the beach, supply crates sound neat, and I won't need a ton of farming space for what I plan to do.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

IcePhoenix posted:

The year is 2024 and I am probably going to put well over 100 hours into stardew valley, and rimworld (comedy option add another 150 or so for final fantasy seven)

they might one day release a new video game. im not sure yet. but they might

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

hopeandjoy posted:

The thing I’m going to be most anxious for an update to is Vibrant Pastoral Recolor. Unfortunately art changing mods have to wait for the actual update and then a person has to make the actual art :(.

I might be wrong, but I think this new version has seasonal outfits by default?

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
But what if they made it so everyone has two different outfits per season....... that would be a paradigm shift.

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

Solumin posted:

I'm torn between the forest and beach maps. On the one hand, easy hardwood. On the other, I love the beach, supply crates sound neat, and I won't need a ton of farming space for what I plan to do.

FYI if you go beach the supply crates give better drops the more upgrades your house has (it caps before the cellar).

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

ILL Machina posted:

I might be wrong, but I think this new version has seasonal outfits by default?

I mean that’s a different mod from a map recolor.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Forest farm is my favorite but gotta see what the new one for 1.6 is before deciding.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

webmeister posted:

For mods that don’t really change anything, I always used Lookup Anything, which shows you associated info about, well, anything. Basically just avoids constantly tabbing over to the wiki.

I also use the mod that shows you on the map where NPCs currently are, though I’ve forgotten the name. Easier than having to remember it’s the third Tuesday in Autumn and it’s raining, so Caroline is at the beach or whatever

NPC Map Locations rules. I think it works with modded npcs too.

Filox
Oct 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Unclouded posted:

FYI if you go beach the supply crates give better drops the more upgrades your house has (it caps before the cellar).

I did not know this, I may have to give the beach another shot. I mean, after I've played the new farm for awhile.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I wanna keep my aesthetic mods but I also want to see this blue grass on the new farm type

Cyflan
Nov 4, 2009

Why yes, I DO have enough CON to whip my hair.

Target Practice posted:

Can you introduce mods mid-playthrough or do they tend to break stuff?

As Zesty said, map changes can break things(Mostly objects that are already placed in the world), but most other mods are probably fine.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Huh, 1.6 is today? Somehow I thought it was releasing the 21st

Volcano
Apr 10, 2008

I hope the console update doesn't take too long. I've only got the game on Switch but I really wanna drink some mayo :(

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

‘You there, boy, what day is it?’

‘Today, sir? Why, it’s March 19th, Stardew Valley patch day!’

‘It’s patch day! I haven’t missed it.’

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

oh boy

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
When is 1.6 for Switch coming? :ohdear:

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
my steam deck is waiting patiently

Guigui
Jan 19, 2010
Winner of January '10 Lux Aeterna "Best 2010 Poster" Award
Not sure if this was mentioned earlier in the thread, but I happened to come across this really nice compilation of soft piano / jazz remix of Stardew Valley themes on Bandcamp. (Apologies if it was in this thread). Currently listening to it now while doing research at work....

https://scarletmoonrecords.bandcamp.com/album/prescription-for-sleep-stardew-valley

There's also some Lo-Fi chill music from DJ Cutman (although I don't know if this youtube site is the correct one - I hate linking to reuploads) that remixes the original Stardew Valley themes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEPUhesWICA

Lastly, there's some nice piano-only music from Pally

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEoaHiVNNS4

(There are also individual tracks on ocremix.org, but I find they can be a bit of hit-and-miss depending on the style you like to listen to. It can be a bit jarring to go from one song which is a violin solo, to something Skrillex would have composed).

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band
I am going for a joja perfection run on the beach map this time. I've never played with mods before so I will be trying some out this time as well.

Game owns.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/41YUNlr.gifv

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

just cleared out all my mods except Lookup Anything and NPC Map Locations, hit the button Eric Barone!

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i can't wait to see grandpa's upgraded bed, the one that my parent was surely conceived on

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Tatsuta Age posted:

just cleared out all my mods except Lookup Anything and NPC Map Locations, hit the button Eric Barone!
I enjoyed playing split screen xbox co-op with the lady last night (drat do I need a bigger tv though) but I miss my pc mods so much- specifically these two. I didn't realize how reliant I'd become on them.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

my version of those mods on switch was both a tablet and laptop on either side of me with dozens of stardew wiki tabs open

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

The only mods I'm keeping are the sprite replacement mods for livestock and pets, because I am 100% playing the new map and hate looking at the ugly cows and pigs.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

The NPC location mod is the only one I can’t really live without and honestly at this point I’m surprised it’s not in the game. Hell you could even tie it to like 2-3 heart friendship level like Sandrock does.

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

Saxophone posted:

The NPC location mod is the only one I can’t really live without and honestly at this point I’m surprised it’s not in the game. Hell you could even tie it to like 2-3 heart friendship level like Sandrock does.

It would be a great QoL feature, especially for newer players. Just not us old fogeys that have everyone's routine memorised due to sheer loving playtime.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
*banging fists on table*

patch

Patch

PATCH

Zorro KingOfEngland
May 7, 2008

Drinking mayo IRL until I can drink mayo virtually

Adbot