Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i think remedy are just not that strong with ending their games in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Quantum Break is still my favorite Remedy game, but I'm a sucker for time travel stories. I even liked the TV parts.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

John F Bennett posted:

Quantum Break is still my favorite Remedy game, but I'm a sucker for time travel stories. I even liked the TV parts.

I didn't like the gameplay but loved the actual plot and TV parts

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"
Been waiting to cheap out on Katana Zero and get it on sale and I probably shouldnt have waited because it owns so loving much.

Also, Control is absolutely Remedy's best game; i.e. the only Remedy game I didnt bounce off of within the first five hours.

Simiain fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Mar 17, 2024

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-

Simiain posted:

Been waiting to cheap out on Katana Zero and get it on sale and I probably shouldnt have waited because it owns so loving much.

It’s so good. The music, story, and the whole vibe is amazing, but the gameplay also rules so much, I will occasionally just jump into a level in the speed run mode because it just feels so good to play.

There was a dlc planned but I guess that still never came out….?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

super fart shooter posted:

There was a dlc planned but I guess that still never came out….?
Still in development as of a year ago, still intended to be a free update.

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.
To be fair, the Alan Wake 2 ending is only really good if you then re-play NG+ for the actual ending.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Yaluza Kiwami was on sale for €4 so i guess I've got one foot in the door to start playing Yakuza now. :getin:

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
I adored AW2 but the last thing I wanted to do after beating it was go through and play the whole thing over again

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lines posted:

To be fair, the Alan Wake 2 ending is only really good if you then re-play NG+ for the actual ending.

gently caress that

lines
Aug 18, 2013

To be fair I had a month in-between the original release and NG+, and that worked well.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Remedy should make a Control spin-off game, where you are the director and do nothing but read reports and have board meetings, get coffee, etc.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
That would absolutely be an insane Papers Please style game I think, as you sign off divisions and teams on increasingly insane projects and missions based on increasingly erratic information.

It would really rule hard yeah.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

John F Bennett posted:

Remedy should make a Control spin-off game, where you are the director and do nothing but read reports and have board meetings, get coffee, etc.

Sounds like the last hour of AW2 tbh

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

syntaxfunction posted:

That would absolutely be an insane Papers Please style game I think, as you sign off divisions and teams on increasingly insane projects and missions based on increasingly erratic information.

It would really rule hard yeah.

There's a game like this, sort of, right now...

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2357910/Home_Safety_Hotline/

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Sywert of Thieves posted:

Yaluza Kiwami was on sale for €4 so i guess I've got one foot in the door to start playing Yakuza now. :getin:

I know it’s literally a remake of yakuza 1 but I would probably start with Yakuza 0 first

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I know it’s literally a remake of yakuza 1 but I would probably start with Yakuza 0 first

it's worth it. Yakuza 1 hits way harder if you play 0 first

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

John F Bennett posted:

You can just read the SCP Wiki and drink coffee to get that experience. :v:

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

John F Bennett posted:

That was one of the post game missions iirc. You’re delivering coffee and mail to the same 24 desks for like 10 minutes and I want to yell at the devs every time I hit that bit.

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

I don't really post in the games forums much, or at all, but figured Xbox users might want to know Best Buy has the 1tb WD expansion card for Xbox series S/X on sale for $125 right now, but has to be bought through the Best Buy app and via the "Best Buy Drops" page in said app. Probably not the deepest discount that's ever gotten, but if someone was looking to pick one up then maybe now's the time?

lines
Aug 18, 2013

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

That was one of the post game missions iirc. You’re delivering coffee and mail to the same 24 desks for like 10 minutes and I want to yell at the devs every time I hit that bit.

If you did it for ten minutes, you kinda sucked. The whole point is you don't need to do it for that long.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The fakeout ending in Control was good.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

lines posted:

If you did it for ten minutes, you kinda sucked. The whole point is you don't need to do it for that long.

I was wearing a god damned business suit so I was gonna get business done.

lines
Aug 18, 2013

OK I can't argue with that.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Games should commit more to their fakeouts. Mafia 2 has a segment where Vito's trying his hand at an honest job and then decides it's not for him, which was supposed to be expressed through boring box stacking gameplay. I was ready to stack boxes for the rest of the game, but they force you to give up after, like, three. Yakuza would have let you become Chief Stacker after 20 hours

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
A Fresh Batch Of Game Passery, with one especially big one.

COMING:
Today: Lightyear Frontier (Game Preview) (Cloud, PC, and Xbox Series X|S), MLB The Show 24 (Cloud and Console)
March 20: The Quarry (Cloud and Console)
March 21: Evil West (Cloud, Console, and PC)
March 26: Terra Invicta (Game Preview) (PC)
March 28: Diablo IV (Console and PC), Hot Wheels Unleashed 2 – Turbocharged (Cloud, Console, and PC), Open Roads (Cloud, Console, and PC)
April 1: Ark: Survival Ascended (Cloud, PC, Xbox Series X|S)
April 2: F1 23 (Cloud), Superhot: Mind Control Delete (Cloud, Console, and PC)

GOING:
Leaving March 31:
Hot Wheels Unleashed (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Infinite Guitars (Cloud, Console, and PC)
MLB The Show 23 (Cloud and Console)

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

The Kins posted:

COMING:
Today: Lightyear Frontier (Game Preview) (Cloud, PC, and Xbox Series X|S), MLB The Show 24 (Cloud and Console)
March 28: Diablo IV (Console and PC), Hot Wheels Unleashed 2 – Turbocharged (Cloud, Console, and PC), Open Roads (Cloud, Console, and PC)

GOING:
Leaving March 31:

Which one is the big one?

Looking forward to Open Roads and Terra Invicta the most.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I love road to the show but it’s hard to play it every year with such little change. Maybe I’ve been away long enough.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

The Quarry is pretty cool, usually those narrative games don't reward experimentation but they simply made two non-obvious routes required for the plat which allowed them to not skimp on the budget for those scenes, always feels great when you do some dumb thing just to see what will happen and the story actually shifts in response

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

John F Bennett posted:

Which one is the big one?

Looking forward to Open Roads and Terra Invicta the most.

I was assuming Diablo 4 being the big fish here.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

https://x.com/Xbox/status/1770104897046007810?s=20

It's free-to-play frenzy week!

I don't get it, these games are always free.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

John F Bennett posted:

https://x.com/Xbox/status/1770104897046007810?s=20

It's free-to-play frenzy week!

I don't get it, these games are always free.

It's a frenzy now, duh.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

lol, I have stumbled on the greatest MLB The Show 24 bug. I have hit 12 triples in a row to the exact same spot on the field.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

John F Bennett posted:

There's A Hand with Many Fingers where you play an archivist reviewing documentation, putting together a vast conspiracy narrative.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

lol, I have stumbled on the greatest MLB The Show 24 bug. I have hit 12 triples in a row to the exact same spot on the field.

Go on

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
I bought Evil West during the holiday season, but I held off on buying The Quarry multiple times when it was on sale. Kinda evens out.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Now all players textures appear to not have loaded and the entire field texture is also missing.

This year seems rough…

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Works on my machine.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

The Kins posted:

COMING:

GOING:
Leaving March 31:

Heck yeah, Evil West :dukedoge:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
What’s that Ark thing is that like an addon?