Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I'd go for sandblast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Nodosaur posted:

https://x.com/ty_rannos/status/1768648670398869545?s=46

It’s okay to base creative decisions on polls, right? :|a

That's Carpetdoor, I'm pretty sure

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I don’t get the joke sorry

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It's a thew joke, coming up with a name for a transformer he just took two of the first things he saw and made that the name. Then a skilled artist drew it and sent it to him

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Ohhhh. Thanks for clearing that up.

Cybertron Ramjet and Universe Ramjet are neck and neck meanwhile. I’m honestly surprised G1 Rammy isn’t doing better.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I like Sandblast just cuz Dustdevil makes me think of vaccuums.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I just realized I could have put Scirocco on the poll.

Dang.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nodosaur posted:

I’m honestly surprised G1 Rammy isn’t doing better.

I'd vote for him (obvious maybe) but I killed my twitter acct

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
So yeah Omega Prime did get that big surge of orders at the end, 28000 over 10000 initially solicited. Projected ship date is fall 2025.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Phy posted:

I'd vote for him (obvious maybe) but I killed my twitter acct

I’ll count your vote but he’s still way behind

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Phy posted:

So yeah Omega Prime did get that big surge of orders at the end, 28000 over 10000 initially solicited. Projected ship date is fall 2025.

28,000 is much higher than expected.

A crazy good number in fact.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

https://x.com/ty_rannos/status/1768792115268464656?s=46

We had a very surprising tie in the end. Now the battle continues into a second round.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Surprised that happened when I put my vote in Universe Ramjet was the clear winner, honestly kind of weird Cybertron Ramjet is pulling ahead when he's a complete nothingburger in both personality and design

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

drrockso20 posted:

Surprised that happened when I put my vote in Universe Ramjet was the clear winner, honestly kind of weird Cybertron Ramjet is pulling ahead when he's a complete nothingburger in both personality and design

I mean, he just hasn’t done anything. His bio is as equally solid as G1 Ramjet’s. There’s plenty I can do with a con-man who offers his clients safety and security, takes their money, and then sadistically dumps them in a crisis instead of safe harbor.

Nodosaur fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Mar 16, 2024

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
Every now and again I look at the second hand market to see if I can get an Earthrise Runabout to go with my Runamuck (both to complete the set and because I HAD G1 Runabout when I was a kid so you know, I'd like the updated one) and lol at what people want for him. The X-Transbots take on him goes for less money.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
It's only going to get worse because runabout and runamok have a design flaw that causes cracks in their chest plates.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Nodosaur posted:

https://x.com/ty_rannos/status/1768792115268464656?s=46

We had a very surprising tie in the end. Now the battle continues into a second round.

https://x.com/ty_rannos/status/1769156474788331679?s=46

And it’s Cybertron Ramjet beating his G1 counterpart by a narrow margin in a come from behind victory!

Nodosaur fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Mar 17, 2024

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

https://imgur.com/a/8nuAE6G

I made a gallery of all the designs I've commissioned/asked permission to use for the Vanguardverse, if anyone wants to see all of them together.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

DoctorWhat posted:

It's only going to get worse because runabout and runamok have a design flaw that causes cracks in their chest plates.

Is it clear plastic-related or something else?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

You better believe it!

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Clear plastic should just go the way of the dodo at this point, it's always a weak point and a liability to the long-term life of a toy.

RIP DoTM Jolt, you beautiful, mostly painted clear plastic bastard :(

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

It's a matter of engineering. Plenty of toys have had clear plastic that worked perfectly fine. The most recent clear plastic panic has been approximately aligned with a period of time where Hasbro was not able to make as many trips to Vietnam to avoid materials science issues due to COVID. The same period was characterized by widespread chronic photodegradation.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
It was long rumored for decades the transparent plastic that started to show up in Transformers was due to the Star Wars Episode One movie toyline not shipping the numbers expected at the time so they had to use the plastic elsewhere. Might have some truth in there, who can say for sure.

SW: TPM had stupidly unrealistic expectations for all it's associated tie ins and merchandise at the time.

Jar Jar being the supposedly big break out character for example.

/random thought

The Last Call fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Mar 18, 2024

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I think it's more likely that rid01 and the Unicron trilogy brought back earthbound vehicle modes and hasbro wanted vehicle modes to have windows.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

DoctorWhat posted:

I think it's more likely that rid01 and the Unicron trilogy brought back earthbound vehicle modes and hasbro wanted vehicle modes to have windows.

This is likely it, although it is true that Episode 1's insane overproduction and over-ordering mistakes changed toy distribution forever, as the retailers wanted to avoid having 300 Chancellor Valorums choking the shelves ever again. Next time you go to Walmart or Target and the TF section is a wasteland, remember that conservative toy stocking goes back to that fateful May of 1999.

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente
Hello thread

I found an old Transformer in the attic and I'm looking for a good resource to help me evaluate, appreciate and potentially sell it.

It's this one:
https://www.transformerland.com/wiki/toy-info/transformers-g1-europe-other-overlord/8904/

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

jeebus bob posted:

Hello thread

I found an old Transformer in the attic and I'm looking for a good resource to help me evaluate, appreciate and potentially sell it.

It's this one:
https://www.transformerland.com/wiki/toy-info/transformers-g1-europe-other-overlord/8904/

Depending on how complete he is, condition, if he’s got the box still, etc, could be a pretty penny.

Valuation-wise, nothing beats checking eBay’s sold listings. They should give you a decent ballpark of an idea.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
I agree with The_Doctor, eBay sold prices is the best bet. The European release of Overlord is from one of Transformers' relatively rare fallow periods, there was no cartoon, the comic was winding down, the US had no toy releases, etc etc. I don't think (someone who knows better than me jump in and correct me if I'm wrong here) that there were vast quantities of TF toys on shelves at that time, so he's likely to be pretty rare.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The character has also had a bit of a resurgence of popularity in the days since, because of the way he was used in the 2010s comics, so that might factor in to the value too.

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente
Cool, thanks

I've never used ebay before so didn't know about that feature

I realized it's missing a tiny car for the mini robots but that doesn't seem essential since it's also missing the box and styrofoam and I recall actually playing with it, so not exactly mint condition...

I don't suppose there's a place to advertise the sale somewhere on SA? Never used SA mart either...

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Best thing to do is look at Ebay and try and gauge the demand there. You can look at the price and condition of other sellers and try to work out what he might be worth.

Depending on what is missing and his overall condition it can impact things a lot ,so there's no clear cut answer to give.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Silhouette posted:

Clear plastic should just go the way of the dodo at this point, it's always a weak point and a liability to the long-term life of a toy.

RIP DoTM Jolt, you beautiful, mostly painted clear plastic bastard :(

Clear plastic is fine as long as it's not on a joint or peg.

Though I do hate when they make a car have fully clear plastic windows and all you can see inside is just a bunch of folded up robot bits. Like if you haven't tried to make the feet look like seats, why do I want to see like 3/4th of some robot thighs?

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Because robot thighs are insanely sexy obvs.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Droyer posted:

IE: Why V from Murder Drones is so cherished in that fan community.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Droyer posted:

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Every so often there's an actual interior, but usually seats are reserved for jeeps and motorcycles. I'm more impressed when there's actual opening car doors anyways. But I think it really looks best when the transformation leaves the robot's head right where it can be looking out the windshield.

Oh yeah, also it was really good in the headmasters toyline when you could have little men in cockpits. Also you could mess around with that a bunch.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Scylla and Cybertronian Spittor at last!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oof, reports of Haslab Unicron yellowing.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Source?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Someone posted it on one of the UK TF Facebook groups, but I don't know where they got it. Certainly not from overexposure to sun! :haw: