Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Balache404 posted:

Can I ask you guys what you do with the boxes your model kits come in? I'm running out of closet space and I might just stick the instructions and spare parts into ziplocks and put those in a case to make room.

I used to do things like keep them and fold the boxes, cut the boxes, but seriously just trash them. You can find the artwork online and they just take up space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.
I throw the bottom away, fold the lid and put it, the manual, and a ziplock bag with the leftover parts in the box my Mega Size Gundam came in (along with all my modeling tools. Its a big box). However, I know this is the correct answer:

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Balache404 posted:

Can I ask you guys what you do with the boxes your model kits come in? I'm running out of closet space and I might just stick the instructions and spare parts into ziplocks and put those in a case to make room.

I kept my giant psycho zaku box to hold extra bits and bobs from completed models and the rest I recycle

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Balache404 posted:

Cut out the box art and use it as a poster if it’s cool enough (MG box art usually) or just keep it flat in a folder. Throw them away if its boring box art (pbandai monochrome boxes, RG boxes)

El Burbo fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Mar 19, 2024

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Get a Dymo Letratag 200B labelmaker and some small and medium-sized ziplocks. Bag whatever hands and bits are leftover, label them, store them together somewhere. Small bags will work for most, Medium's for the one with odd spare long sword/spear/piece.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Put the kit in a good pose and then throw away all the extra pieces.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/HobbySite/status/1769885305317024141?t=MwYoc5akgVYAfUKNNtSAbw&s=19

Can't get a retail Gundnode but sure we'll do a recolor just fine.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

On the upside, they're actually releasing the Majin version of the Barbatos at retail instead of making it a CD purchase exclusive.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Gonna link that and not the Amazing Barbatos Lupus, newest machine of Meijin Kawaguchi?!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/HobbySite/status/1769906726307082738?t=94IuVMmdED29BYV5sL7nTg&s=19

Now there's an interesting pair.

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022
They look bad

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Balache404 posted:

I think I got it from this thread? But I've been keeping the singular biggest box and keeping all of my instructions and spare parts/sprues in that. When I got a new bigger box I just dumped that poo poo into there. It takes up some space, but it can fit a lot, and if you really want to keep the older boxes you can flatten them and keep them in there too.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

seeing it in model form has made me like the Zaku more. I really like the detail of the suspension system on the shield.

Seeing it in model form has not improved my opinion of the Gundam

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Looks like the leg pipes connect on either side of a double jointed knee, so they might not affect leg bends as much as previous zaku kits.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

euch another skip.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

wow they are really ugly lol

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I keep fuckin' sayin' I don't trust any motherfucker who does Warhammer 40K fan films with Gundam and look at what it's wrought us

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
The Zaku looks like it has potential. I'm not sure how to feel about the Gundam. It's so different I'll probably buy it and see what I can do with it. I mean it's a more appealing figure than the Mighty Strike Freedom lol

boz
Oct 16, 2005
I love weird stuff so I'm down with both of them.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

all zakus are beautiful

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
I want a Zaku. I've also started watching the cartoon.

If you were only allowed one, what would be your Zaku?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Waffleman_ posted:

I keep fuckin' sayin' I don't trust any motherfucker who does Warhammer 40K fan films with Gundam and look at what it's wrought us

He did one (canceled) 40K project 8 years ago. Also not nearly enough skulls and spikes.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

TheDK posted:

I want a Zaku. I've also started watching the cartoon.

If you were only allowed one, what would be your Zaku?

Probably one of the “The Origin” Zakus. Not overdetailed messes like the new Zaku in that tweet but a little more detail than the oldschool ones.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Asking "which Zaku" when you've got a ludicrous number of them.

I've yet to find a "perfect" Zaku. I have several that I really like but all of them have at least one thing that bugs me. Probably the closest to perfect is the HG Zaku II F2 except that dude has been skipping leg day.

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022
I really like the HGUC Revive and the MG 2.0. Both hit a good mid point between detail and looking like the Zaku did in 1979. I also like the Origin ones, I have Doan's Zaku and that's very fun

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

I mostly dig these but that minigun on the back of the Gundam has got to go.

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022
I think the shoulder gun needs to be bigger if they want to keep it, I don't like the torso or head, and the greebles are bad. The zaku would be good if the greebling was slightly toned down closer to Origin levels

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 45 hours!

Zodack posted:

The Zaku looks like it has potential. I'm not sure how to feel about the Gundam. It's so different I'll probably buy it and see what I can do with it. I mean it's a more appealing figure than the Mighty Strike Freedom lol

It's easy when you aren't pissing over the signature wing shapes of both previous incarnations

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

Computer lab day! Time to spend 45 minutes trying to load pokemon.com!

I figured out why I hate that busy-rear end Gundam. It looks like it belongs in the Michael Bay Transformers. Details existing to just have some sort of detail with no mind to whether they make sense.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

its pretty much what I was thinking. every square inch is crammed with greebles, feels claustrophobic

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I haven't touched Gunpla in over a decade but I went into Gundam Base Tokyo and came out with SD BB Char's Counter Attack and a couple SD ex-standards

also grabbed a ReGZ dummy decoy so I guess I need a HG Zeta too

they got me good fam

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Prof. Banks posted:

I figured out why I hate that busy-rear end Gundam. It looks like it belongs in the Michael Bay Transformers. Details existing to just have some sort of detail with no mind to whether they make sense.

It also fundamentally doesn't understand what the Gundam facemask is meant to be stylized after, and just has a generic "Cool Skull" design.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/Handwerker__K/status/1769963017574227999?t=1R3bCajaTXLAqocLjcX0xw&s=19

It doesn't take that much to go from skull helmet to a good Gundam Head.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

wanna see the safety nubs show up in the show though :v

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I think they both look cool and I dig the chunky industrial aesthetic

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It also fundamentally doesn't understand what the Gundam facemask is meant to be stylized after, and just has a generic "Cool Skull" design.

It's because Requiem is leaning into the "White Devil" epithet that Zeon had for the Gundam except that the Gundam was only the White Devil because Amuro was very good at piloting it and using it to kill Zeons and you can't just have another random Gundam come along and steal that valor

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Waffleman_ posted:

It's because Requiem is leaning into the "White Devil" epithet that Zeon had for the Gundam except that the Gundam was only the White Devil because Amuro was very good at piloting it and using it to kill Zeons and you can't just have another random Gundam come along and steal that valor

Unless in-universe it's an attempt by the Federation to capitalize on the White Devil reputation

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Gripweed posted:

Unless in-universe it's an attempt by the Federation to capitalize on the White Devil reputation

Thunderbolt "Gundam Head" GMs

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
The Requiem for Vengeance kits look like they’ll be a bitch and a half to panel line, my god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
They don't look like Bayformers they look like Armored Cores sans the wide hips.