Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Diva Cupcake posted:

So the Ravens are just turning over 3/5 of their line?

Yeah right after signing a 30-year old power back. Not too smart. Morgan Moses trade one of the dumbest we've ever made.

I saw people say that Ben Cleveland looked decent when he played last year so hopefully that works out. But we're taking a huge gamble doing this.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Mar 19, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

OperaMouse posted:

At which date do free agent signings no longer count against compensatory picks?

I think around June or so

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

OperaMouse posted:

At which date do free agent signings no longer count against compensatory picks?

I found this old tweet which suggests early May.

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1389208836792274944?t=aNE9K4phxI3E9BqKQRXRYQ&s=19

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

Yeah right after signing a 30-year old power back. Not too smart. Morgan Moses trade one of the dumbest we've ever made.

I saw people say that Ben Cleveland looked decent when he played last year so hopefully that works out. But we're taking a huge gamble doing this.

Moses was injured half the season and playing on a snap count. Zeitler was also playing through stuff. They're both gonna be 34 going into the season. They can still bring in a vet linemen plus the draft looks really good plus there's dudes on the roster that can compete. I wouldn't have minded if they kept Zeitler/Moses but I think going into the season with them plus Stanley as your oline plan is also taking a huge rear end gamble.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Borsche69 posted:

Moses was injured half the season and playing on a snap count. Zeitler was also playing through stuff. They're both gonna be 34 going into the season. They can still bring in a vet linemen plus the draft looks really good plus there's dudes on the roster that can compete. I wouldn't have minded if they kept Zeitler/Moses but I think going into the season with them plus Stanley as your oline plan is also taking a huge rear end gamble.

Moses was hurt last year but very reliable before that. Keeping him doesnt mean we cant draft someone still. I think he had like one year left on his deal and I feel like having him around for that year would be a better value than a higher 4th and a 6th rd draft pick to me. While whoever we draft can have that time to develop as a backup for a yr.
I get not signing Zeitler to a new deal.

Also Moses wont be 34 till next year. Just turned 33 Maybe a little nitpicky but every year starts to count at that point

We keep moses for his last year then promote Cleveland. So we'd only have one position to worry about and of course theres always mekari.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Titans finally land a defense signing, Sebastian Joseph-Day

I don’t even care if he’s good, we just need bodies on that side

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Amy Pole Her posted:

Dammit! What was the $?

Per the signing earlier today, 1 year, $6,000,000.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Trent Brown and Orlando Brown

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1770136582604849639?s=20

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

that's a beefy pair of tackles

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Isn't this the guy who caught a bunch of strays for being a both dickhead *and* bad at football in those hit pieces put out after Belichick got shitcanned

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Rogue Elephant posted:

Isn't this the guy who caught a bunch of strays for being a both dickhead *and* bad at football in those hit pieces put out after Belichick got shitcanned

Yeah but he was only a dickhead and bad at football when he wasn't in NE, so this'll probably be fine

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
He was maligned by the fanbase for his lack of perceived effort. He sat out injured at midseason until he received $2m in incentives added to his deal. And he complained openly about team roster moves and Belichick was pretty much sick of him. I suspect much of Brown's complaints were probably legit tho.

That said, from my untrained eye there were plenty of plays where he uh, didn't exactly try very hard, and the results were predictable.

I think if he's healthy and motived he's a solid player.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Mar 19, 2024

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
He dogged it hard in Vegas and found a lot of reasons to not play games. gently caress that guy

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

I hope he plays well for the bengos

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1770159857720607184

lmfao

Nov 6, 2002

why

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Black Sunshine posted:

He dogged it hard in Vegas and found a lot of reasons to not play games. gently caress that guy

I swear I remember you or another raiders fan posting tweets or proof of this before but I’m drawing blanks. Hes the dude who had multiple gifs of just not even trying to block edge rushers right?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

HOW DO TEAMS THIS loving STUPID WIN MORE THAN MY TEAM

Nov 6, 2002

Amy Pole Her posted:

I swear I remember you or another raiders fan posting tweets or proof of this before but I’m drawing blanks. Hes the dude who had multiple gifs of just not even trying to block edge rushers right?

Yeah my impression is that he's a guy who will just fold up shop if the season is not doing well or he's not happy with his contract/situation.

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Grey Hunter's next target.

Rogue Elephant posted:

He's a really good LT when he gives a poo poo and is healthy. The problem is that the overlap of those two things has not been amazingly large. Balled out for the 2018 season and was an important part of getting us that Super Bowl, was terrible for the Raiders, had a real mixed bag second stint with the Pats ending on a big down note.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

mcmagic posted:

HOW DO TEAMS THIS loving STUPID WIN MORE THAN MY TEAM

Maybe because they still aren't as stupid as your team.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Judge Jeudy

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
All of our teams are stupid. Except the ravens and the chiefs

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Flikken posted:

Maybe because they still aren't as stupid as your team.

The browns have made some outragously stupid moves recently. i think it's pretty much blind luck.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I think that's a fine move and Jeudy is probably better than his stat line. They likely guaranteed 1 year too many but otherwise it's kind of in line with other WRs of his ability.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

mcmagic posted:

The browns have made some outragously stupid moves recently. i think it's pretty much blind luck.

Or good coaching?

Nov 6, 2002

Harlock posted:

I think that's a fine move and Jeudy is probably better than his stat line.

I'd argue the opposite.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Flikken posted:

Or good coaching?

yeah that is part of it

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcmfqJn4wcs

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

https://twitter.com/PFF_Brad/status/1770161470849872217?s=19

Im assuming this is correct.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Jerry Jones is going to end up paying CeeDee $200M at this rate.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

mcmagic posted:

yeah that is part of it

its almost entirely coaching. the browns have a good offensive minded HC and up until this offseason they had the best o-line coach in the league along with a great defense. if the jets swapped coaches with the browns they'd have been in the playoffs this year.

i keep forgetting the titans have bill callahan now and an offensive minded HC. I bet they're going to suddenly be dangerous on offense next year (altho the defense looks to be hot garbage)

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Ayudo posted:

Jerry Jones is going to end up paying CeeDee $200M at this rate.

That would require Jerry to sign anyone

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Personally I am all for people seperating Jimmy Haslam from his money. And now that we are up against the cap it's happening more and more.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Known head case Jerry Jeudy has had exactly zero 1k seasons and gets just shy of $20m annually.

Thats a hilarious contract to pair with Watson’s.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

Known head case Jerry Jeudy has had exactly zero 1k seasons and gets just shy of $20m annually.

Thats a hilarious contract to pair with Watson’s.

Garrett Wilson is going to get 30.

Nov 6, 2002

Relentlessboredomm posted:

if the jets swapped coaches with the browns they'd have been in the playoffs this year.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Yeah the Browns had Elite QB play and the Jets had… that

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

this idiot doesn't change my stance at all not the least of which is bc the browns coaches were incredibly creative with the playcalling and play design while rotating through a cast of backups

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1706008012714860951