Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chuu
Sep 11, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Gothmog1065 posted:

What is the oldest acceptable CPU for a general-use SOHO type computer? 7th gen? 8th gen? Are the NUC's worth looking into for this purpose?

Almost anything with a SSD is fine for this. For reference I bought a Ryzen 7 2700 for $60 on eBay as a temporary CPU when I needed to RMA a much faster one, and it's been good enough I just never got around to replacing it. I maintain some business computers for my parents. They're more than a decade old at this point running an i7-2700 and it's fine for web browsing and youtube. It's just on the edge of being needed to upgrade because Quickbooks keeps getting slower and slower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I think I saw something earlier in the thread discussing while the 7800X3D is the best gaming chip, it does take a hit on more raw-core intensive professional software. I know everything is specific to each program, but compared to say the 7900X, what's the trade off in gaming compared to more cores

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

The 7900X is still a very formidable gaming chip - it's not at the tip-top of the gaming benchmarks when let loose with a 4090 and the wind at its back like the 7800X3D is, but it wouldn't provide a disappointing experience if you needed the extra cores for more serious workloads

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
Nothing wrong with Corsair getting in on case accessories, but there's an entire market for wooden case replacement panels on Etsy that are cheaper and in many cases look better than first party stuff.

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!
Motherboard (asus tuf gaming plus wifi b650) arrived with what looks like a bent pin on the main mobo connector. This is worth a return right? Do I want to RMA it to amazon or do I want to just try to buy a new one and take a refund on this?

hattersmad
Feb 21, 2015

In this style, 10/6
Bend it back, it’ll probably work fine.

E: from the silkscreen labels, that bent pin is a chassis intrusion switch, which I’m guessing you won’t use anyways

hattersmad fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Mar 19, 2024

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

hattersmad posted:

Bend it back, it’ll probably work fine.

E: from the silkscreen labels, that bent pin is a chassis intrusion switch, which I’m guessing you won’t use anyways

Considering I can get another sample overnighted from amazon and am still in my return window is it really worth keeping in case it is a significant malfunction? I agree it could be way worse but I also paid for a fully functional item and don't wanna have to negotiate with ASUS or some poo poo later.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

It is not a significant malfunction and I don't really know what could go wrong later. You're not even going to plug anything into that pin, and even if you were to, you really can just bend it back. Don't waste everyone's time with a return.

hattersmad
Feb 21, 2015

In this style, 10/6
You can do a visual inspection around the area (both top and bottom side of the board). If the solder joint on the other side looks okay, and there aren’t any scratches/nicks/defects anywhere, bend the pin back straight and don’t worry about it. If something doesn’t work, then you can RMA it. Of course it’s kind of annoying to build the whole thing and then have to replace the motherboard, so there’s that consideration to weigh.

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

Okay yeah I confirmed that was the 2 pin chassis intrusion device not the main motherboard power connector like I thought. I'll go ahead with the build and see how things test out.

First time building a pins on the mobo style system looked under the i/o shield but everything was so close together I couldn't really tell if they were straight or all lying down. I figure as long as the CPU seats it's "in" ?

hattersmad posted:

You can do a visual inspection around the area (both top and bottom side of the board). If the solder joint on the other side looks okay, and there aren’t any scratches/nicks/defects anywhere, bend the pin back straight and don’t worry about it. If something doesn’t work, then you can RMA it. Of course it’s kind of annoying to build the whole thing and then have to replace the motherboard, so there’s that consideration to weigh.

Thanks for the help I'll do a check to see if it looks like there's other damage but the pin itself was the only thing I noticed so it might be ok! FWIW the way asus had the mobo packaged the pins were straight up and there was a little cardboard box folded into the cardboard cradle right over the south end of the board so there's a chance the packaging method has a tendency to pressure those pins.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

spunkshui posted:

You aren’t wrong for being picky.

That power supply fan should be the quietest fan in your system.

The only time the power supply fan needs to rev up is when the power supply has been working hard for a while, and if it’s doing that your GPU fans are probably blasting along with whatever is cooling your CPU.

Power supplies are also something that you get about a decade of use out of.

I wouldn’t want to put up with a noisy fan for a decade, especially knowing that it’s not supposed to be loud.

100% agree. Shout out to Amazon for having the replacement here within 18 hours as well. Seems ok as far as the clicking fan goes. How-loving-ever though, it isn't exactly quiet as far as coil noise goes. Under moderate loads it has a clear fizzle/crackling noise. gently caress me.
I'm not expecting perfection, but I was just praising my previous old Corsair HX (or maybe AX) 750 that was over a decade old when I got rid of it and it was better that these. poo poo, the PSU in my Dell workstation to NAS conversion in the other room is better.

Either very very bad luck, a bad batch, or Corsair aren't as good as they were, idk. There are quite a lot of reviews on Amazon, and posts elsewhere with similar issues actually.
I can't afford it right now, but in a couple of weeks, I'll return it for a refund and add another hundred pounds or so and get something else off of the very top that cultist list. I don't really mind spending another 250 even, if it performs. 10 or even 20% of the system isn't crazy when I remember that it will end up in multiple builds over a decade like you say.

I tried to record the sound partly to show I'm not imagining it, or that it's not just my tinnitus getting worse, but the other fans mask it from a lovely phone mic.
I did manage to get some footage of the GPU clicks if anyone is interested though.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/A5mPQxnX9Xwmc7m68
Might need to crank the volume a bit (or headphones) The occasional loud click is my mouse changing the speed on the app btw.

That's being collected today, then they deal with it withing 48 hours, and send a replacement. "48 hour replacement policy" will still take a week which is a bastard, as specially as they are almost out of stock of that one and won't hold one.

I'll shut up now. Just an old man moaning about his toys not being shiny enough eh.
(My Phantom Spirit SE is nice and quiet though! The Asus PRIME B650M-A WIFI II Micro ATX is also great for the price. Oh, and I'll still trust Corsair with their RAM, that's been really quiet too :-))

-edit-

Not shutting up yet it seems (I'm hoping some of this is of some help/interest to someone, I'm not just venting honest)

That PSU is getting louder ( the new coil noise one , not the previous clicky one) I can hear it from 10 feet away, admittedly in isn't in a case atm, but that isn't the point. Here's a wee recording of it, bearing in mind it's from a lovely phone mic so it louder than it comes across again. I didn't open the curtains to avoid the shame of anyone seeing my hovel btw
https://photos.app.goo.gl/SxmrSyxgyYysnEdR8

Yeah, gently caress that poo poo. Going to see if I can spend my way to something better.

YerDa Zabam fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Mar 19, 2024

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

I also have a RM750e (2023) and the fan is the loudest thing in my system whenever it spins up. Drives me nuts.

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

My long con of making everyone have super loud power supplies is paying dividends

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Now that the GPU is out of the system for RMA it is even worse, the PSU coil noise that is. It vanishes if I load up the CPU, but is intolerable at idle. What a palaver.
I only discovered that the 7800x3D has a rudimentary iGPU, so that's cool, as I can still use the system (to research better PSUs) while the GPU is replaced.

Can't believe that I spent a couple of grand to do a week of my own computer janitoring

YerDa Zabam fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Mar 19, 2024

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

I generally don't recommended the RMe series specifically because of the fan noise. The reviews and anecdotal reports I've read indicate that it's a pretty noisy PSU.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Reposting this to get one more look and possible suggestions before I finalize. It's basically unchanged from the earlier suggestions; I just took out the monitor. I'm gonna let this simmer for a couple weeks until I've got my budget sorted out and then I think I'm good!

Micro Center local pickup for the CPU/motherboard/RAM combo (and I'll probably get a tube of thermal paste while I'm there since I can't find my Arctic Silver). Best Buy local pickup for the PSU. Online for everything else.

My browser shopping extension snagged a $10 off code for the card on ASUS's website so I might order the GPU through there. Seems to be same shipping time either way, about a week. Not in a rush, but I prefer not to wait a super long time for a $600 piece of electronics to safely arrive.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.2 GHz 8-Core Processor ($469.99)
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler ($33.90 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B650 GAMING X AX V2 ATX AM5 Motherboard ($0.00)
Memory: G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL36 Memory ($0.00)
Storage: Acer Predator GM7000 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive ($124.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Asus DUAL GeForce RTX 4070 SUPER 12 GB Video Card ($599.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design Pop Air ATX Mid Tower Case ($79.99 @ B&H)
Power Supply: Corsair RM750e (2023) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($89.99 @ Best Buy)
Total: $1398.85
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-03-19 09:40 EDT-0400

I did have a question about airflow in the Pop Air case. It comes with 3 120mm fans. Looks like 2 intake in the front grill and 1 exhaust in the back. Is that Good Enough (tm)? I remember years ago it was heavily frowned upon to use any built-in case stuff, but I know part quality in general seems to have gotten better over time. I'm happy to grab some number of 140mm fans if that would be better for airflow and noise.

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

My wife wants to get me a modern gaming PC for around $1500, so I've been looking into a good prebuilt because I have no idea what I'm doing.

https://maingear.com/product/mg1-gold/?attribute_version=Boost

This is what I've found that seems to be somewhat well thought of online? Can anybody help me make sure I'm not wasting too much money or missing something obvious?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Jeremor posted:

My wife wants to get me a modern gaming PC for around $1500, so I've been looking into a good prebuilt because I have no idea what I'm doing.

This is what I've found that seems to be somewhat well thought of online? Can anybody help me make sure I'm not wasting too much money or missing something obvious?

That looks good to me. Will let you play most titles up to 1440p on high settings at 80+ fps. Will not crush the heavy ray tracing titles, though. Would need to spend significantly more for that.

Also, MainGear has great customer support. So, definitely hit them up if you ever encounter a problem.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

DizzyBum posted:

I did have a question about airflow in the Pop Air case. It comes with 3 120mm fans. Looks like 2 intake in the front grill and 1 exhaust in the back. Is that Good Enough (tm)? I remember years ago it was heavily frowned upon to use any built-in case stuff, but I know part quality in general seems to have gotten better over time. I'm happy to grab some number of 140mm fans if that would be better for airflow and noise.

With the included fans and those parts you'll be totally fine for thermals and noise, with some tweaking of fan curves. You could drop a couple of degrees if you bought noctuas or whatever but it really isn't worth it unless you must have the Quietest Possible System.

Jeremor posted:

I can't help with specific prebuilt brands because I'm not in the US but value wise it's really tough to recommend that PC when it would be absolutely shat all over by the build posted right above yours, even factoring in the prebuilt premium. Are you near a microcenter? If you could get the same CPU/MOBO/RAM deal as DizzyBum I believe you can pay them to build your PC for you, if you buy all your parts from them, and you'd still end up with something much much better than the prebuilt you linked.

Kibner posted:

That looks good to me.

Really? $1500 for a 16GB DDR4 system with an 8GB VRAM card, no-name PSU and budget class CPU?

Butterfly Valley fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Mar 19, 2024

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

I do not have a Microcenter near me unfortunately, but I'd be willing to try putting something together if that was obviously the better option.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Butterfly Valley posted:

Really? $1500 for a 16GB DDR4 system with an 8GB VRAM card, no-name PSU and budget class CPU?

For a prebuilt that uses name brand, off-the-shelf parts and is assembled well and has great customer service? Yeah.

You can absolutely save money by finding a prebuilt that sacrifices one or more of those.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Jeremor posted:

I do not have a Microcenter near me unfortunately, but I'd be willing to try putting something together if that was obviously the better option.

I mean basically something very similar to the above build is perfect at your budget, with the caveat you'll have to pay a bit more because you won't get that sweet microcenter bundle. What monitor will you be gaming on?

Building your own is very doable and I've talked a number of my friends through it in the last few years, with there being a bunch of resources available for you to follow online. Plus once you've taught yourself how to do it, you'll have that skill for life so you'll save a bunch of money not only on your build now but any future upgrades and builds you do down the line.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Jeremor posted:

Building it yourself will save you hundreds or get you a much better machine, yes. https://pcpartpicker.com/guide/ has some great ideas to help you get an idea of what’s possible.

E: I also agree with butterfly valley that learning to build your own pc is a valuable skill. As long as this is a hobby you enjoy spending time on.

Kibner fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Mar 19, 2024

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
It is pretty hard to gently caress up building a PC, everything is keyed and only goes in one way and poo poo Just Works without messing around with drivers and stuff. If you can put together a mid-difficulty piece of Ikea furniture, you can put together a PC.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Jeremor posted:

I know pre-built pcs are bound to cost more but that one still seems like a rip off. That being the "boosted" version even more so. Looks like an just extra 16GB or RAM and an extra 1TB sized SSD for 2 hundred dollars. Not that the 1,350 "standard" is great either.

The post above your initial one by DizzyBum has a system the is considerably better for just under 1,400, but it isn't built of course.
It's maybe got that Microcentre bundle in the price, but that won't make much difference.

YerDa Zabam fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Mar 19, 2024

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

DizzyBum posted:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.2 GHz 8-Core Processor ($469.99)
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler ($33.90 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B650 GAMING X AX V2 ATX AM5 Motherboard ($0.00)
Memory: G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL36 Memory ($0.00)
Storage: Acer Predator GM7000 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive ($124.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Asus DUAL GeForce RTX 4070 SUPER 12 GB Video Card ($599.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair RM750e (2023) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($89.99 @ Best Buy)
Total: $1398.85
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-03-19 09:40 EDT-0400

Most of the last page has been about people being disappointed with the Corsair RM750e making noise, so it would probably be worth spending a bit extra to get the RM750x. I've got one and AFAIK have never heard my PSU make a sound.

I also have a Pop Air with OEM fans and a Peerless Assassin, and it seems to keep things cool just fine. Granted I have a Ryzen 7700 and a Radeon 6800, maybe your beefier CPU/GPU will generate more heat. I am super not an expert, just someone who used the same case and cooler recently. Discussion about fan curves a couple pages back taught me that I rarely need them to run at more than 60%, so I'm much more satisfied with their noise level now than I was a week ago. I still wonder how quiet things would be with fancy Noctuas instead, but I don't think it's worth the $175 it would cost to replace them all. It's just, coming from a Series X basically any fan noise feels like a lot, lol.

Jeremor posted:

I barely knew what I was doing and still managed to put my PC together, with only a few minor blunders. It was also pretty fun! I am firmly on the "build your own PC" train now.

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

I'm convinced, I'll try building that one Dizzy posted above.

I'm actually only using 2 1080p monitors currently but I can see myself upgrading to 1440p in the near future. I don't care about 4k or anything like that.

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Jeremor posted:

This would run circles around the maingear pc, and it's only $40 over budget.
PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.2 GHz 8-Core Processor ($369.00 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI PRO B650-S WIFI ATX AM5 Motherboard ($139.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: TEAMGROUP T-Create Expert 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory ($102.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Zotac Twin Edge GeForce RTX 4070 SUPER 12 GB Video Card ($579.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair RM750x SHIFT 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular Side Interface ATX Power Supply ($89.99 @ Amazon)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro OEM - DVD 64-bit ($20.00 @ SA Mart)
Total: $1540.84
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-03-19 10:45 EDT-0400

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Branch Nvidian posted:

This would run circles around the maingear pc, and it's only $40 over budget.
PCPartPicker Part List

Memory: TEAMGROUP T-Create Expert 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory ($102.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Zotac Twin Edge GeForce RTX 4070 SUPER 12 GB Video Card ($579.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair RM750x SHIFT 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular Side Interface ATX Power Supply ($89.99 @ Amazon)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro OEM - DVD 64-bit ($20.00 @ SA Mart)
Total: $1540.84
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-03-19 10:45 EDT-0400

I don't think that PSU would work in the Pop Air, the plugs would be pretty much impossible to reach on that side. You'd need to use a regular RM750x.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Jeremor posted:

I'm actually only using 2 1080p monitors currently but I can see myself upgrading to 1440p in the near future. I don't care about 4k or anything like that.

Good stuff, you'll be fine friend

I don't know what the returns policy is in the US or your state, but in the UK they have to take stuff back within 14 days, as long as you have kept all the packaging haven't wrecked it. Maybe leave on the peel-off plastic til the end though.
I've had friends and acquaintances that have used this as an insurance policy if they just can't manage to make it all work, sometimes with a wee bit of online/phone assistance. It's been years since anyone hasn't managed, it is so much easier now.

If it's for your wife you could let her see the range of cases available if that's the sort of thing she cares about? You might regret it though, there are a lot.

YerDa Zabam fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Mar 19, 2024

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Definitely gonna recommend the RM750x Shift over the RM750e if they're the same price (assuming the case is compatible). It has much better internals than the e and a quieter fan.

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

runchild posted:

I don't think that PSU would work in the Pop Air, the plugs would be pretty much impossible to reach on that side. You'd need to use a regular RM750x.

Good catch! PCPartPicker missed that too!

PCPartPicker Part List

Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower GF3 TT Premium 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($102.29 @ Amazon)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro OEM - DVD 64-bit ($20.00)
Total: $1553.14
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-03-19 10:53 EDT-0400

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

Branch Nvidian posted:

Good catch! PCPartPicker missed that too!

PCPartPicker Part List

Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower GF3 TT Premium 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($102.29 @ Amazon)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro OEM - DVD 64-bit ($20.00)
Total: $1553.14
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-03-19 10:53 EDT-0400

hell yea dude, this looks rad. Thanks for the help yall

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Actually the RMx SHIFT might still work. it looks like the modular ports are on the back side of the case, so while it might be a little tight, I think it would still be fine.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Kibner posted:

Depends on how much you value ray tracing and DLSS over FSR.

jokes on you, I dont know what any of this means. :smuggo:

But anyway, microcenter says Ray tracing/DLSS are a nvidia thing and FSR is AMD. Are they just company equivalents of the same thing or are they competing frameworks and such

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

jokes on you, I dont know what any of this means. :smuggo:

But anyway, microcenter says Ray tracing/DLSS are a nvidia thing and FSR is AMD. Are they just company equivalents of the same thing or are they competing frameworks and such

Ray tracing is a non-vendor specific lighting model.
"RTX" is Nvidia branding for ray tracing, DLSS/DLAA are Nvidia-specific technologies for upsampling from a lower resolution to a higher resolution, and the 40-series cards can generate "fake" frames to give you a higher refresh experience.
FSR is an open-source AMD technology that aims to do the same as DLSS/DLAA, but it's not remotely as good.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Branch Nvidian posted:

Actually the RMx SHIFT might still work. it looks like the modular ports are on the back side of the case, so while it might be a little tight, I think it would still be fine.

It would be miserable, they should stick with a normal PSU. You'd have to squash the cables against the door when closing the case and you'd also have a bunch of extra cable length and nowhere to put it instead of being able to fold it up in the extra room the case has in front of where it expects the PSU ports to be.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Ray tracing is a universal path tracing technique used to make lighting, reflections and shadows look better and behave more naturally in games. It's resource intensive. Both nvidia and AMD cards can do it but nvidia are a generation ahead at the moment so their cards can do it better with less of a performance hit. DLSS and FSR are respective upscaling techniques used to turn a raw lower resolution image into a higher resolution output using wizardry. You can only use DLSS with nvidia cards but FSR is hardware agnostic (but again, generally runs worse than the nvidia equivalent)

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Butterfly Valley posted:

With the included fans and those parts you'll be totally fine for thermals and noise, with some tweaking of fan curves. You could drop a couple of degrees if you bought noctuas or whatever but it really isn't worth it unless you must have the Quietest Possible System.

Cool, thanks! I definitely need to remember to tweak my fan settings in the new system. I have a habit of getting lazy and just letting everything run too loud.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I forgot that PCPartPicker lets you browse builds with combos of parts so you can see parts in action before you commit. Such a great feature for sanity-checking something and making sure it'll look and fit okay before trying to buy it. And it's nice to browse through other people's projects. :allears:

Jeremor posted:

It's cool that the build you guys gave me is inspiring others now! :thumbsup:

1440p is a very nice upgrade from 1080p, especially for the price points. You'll notice an improvement immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

DizzyBum posted:

Cool, thanks! I definitely need to remember to tweak my fan settings in the new system. I have a habit of getting lazy and just letting everything run too loud.

I was late to the fan curve party and just installed this a few days ago and it is excellent.
https://getfancontrol.com/