Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

loquacius posted:

My stance of liking tomatoes when cooked but not raw is apparently fairly common, but I will willingly concede it's a baby-palate thing

Raw, they're more bitter, but more importantly, a texture nightmare, neither firm nor juicy enough. Like a half-dissolved orange.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
my stance on tomatoes is: i like them on a sandwich if they're freshly sliced. otherwise if it's like from a bin at a sandwich place, they will soak into the bread and make it all soggy. no thank you

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

dr. yakoos's mad experiment continues. revenge grows ever nearer

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Imo the problem is that they're full of goop. The goop is what makes them a texture nightmare and makes them make bread soggy. In addition to improving the taste, cooking them renders the goop down and makes the whole thing a bit more uniform in texture

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Tomatoes are sweet, stop buying garbage tomatoes, madonna mia

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Lib and let die posted:

Tomatoes are sweet, stop buying garbage tomatoes, madonna mia

triggered the italian. hey did you know tomatoes aren't even native to Italy?????

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
Li pomodori non sono di Italia, paisano!! Eyyy!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

loquacius posted:

Mostly that it's too sweet, just not for me

Mustard is way better, particularly non-yellow mustard. Would prefer a nice mustard over ketchup in basically every instance

So you were lying about loving ketchup? Interesting. You are damaging your forums trustworthiness today.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

speng31b posted:

he is just a guy moderating a subforum where ideas are debated and discussed. being honest here i dont think hitler could mod d&d, even if we chilled him out quite a bit...

Now I'm convinced koos is the hitler

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Probably Magic posted:

I like ketchup but hate tomatoes, which makes me a child, probably.

under the onion layers of every adult is a icky old baby

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I love tomatoes, but grocery store tomatoes are never actually ripe. You have to get them from farmers markets or grow your own.

A good sliced tomatoes is a tasty snack.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

FirstnameLastname posted:

under the onion layers of every adult is a icky old baby

I am simultaneously 12 and 60 at all times.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Hatebag posted:

dr. yakoos's mad experiment continues. revenge grows ever nearer

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Al! posted:

looking at one right now

i prefer the lo carb

when i went to america i saw a vending machine with a rainbow of monster energy drink flavours and it was a delight

also i saw that you could buy a gallon of soda at a fast food place and i lolled that it was actually real

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

DaysBefore posted:

Lol Salazar is unironically pro-Israeli genocide but couches it entirely in the Calm, Hitleresque respect of the rules-based international order and the public opinion of people committing the genocide so it's okay. It's Good actually
he's great

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Mr Hootington posted:

I love tomatoes, but grocery store tomatoes are never actually ripe. You have to get them from farmers markets or grow your own.

my friend in primary school used to eat tomatoes like an apple for a recess snack. imagine doing that with the watery garbage that you get nowadays

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Probably Magic posted:

Raw, they're more bitter, but more importantly, a texture nightmare, neither firm nor juicy enough. Like a half-dissolved orange.

yeah same. i like literally every other fruit but tomato’s are the one fruit that just doesn’t work for me raw

would rather be eating grapes in a salad than cherry tomatos

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

soda will turn you into a chud. if you're already a chud it will increase your power levels

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

Just a little sprinkle of salt on top is :discourse:

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I like tomatoes. Cooked, uncooked, doesn't matter.

Not a huge fan of ketchup but mostly because you can substitute barbecue sauce for ketchup basically under any circumstance and it's an objective improvement

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

my stance on tomatoes is: i like them on a sandwich if they're freshly sliced. otherwise if it's like from a bin at a sandwich place, they will soak into the bread and make it all soggy. no thank you

this is pretty true tho

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

wikipedia expertise ftmfw

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

I eat raw tomatoes all the time idgaf. Even the scrappy store ones.

Looking forward to tomatocolypse again this year when one plant gives me 3lbs a week

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

aw frig aw dang it posted:

soda will turn you into a chud. if you're already a chud it will increase your power levels

Soon the power levels will be revealed.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

mawarannahr posted:

He gotta go

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

docbeard posted:

I like tomatoes. Cooked, uncooked, doesn't matter.

Not a huge fan of ketchup but mostly because you can substitute barbecue sauce for ketchup basically under any circumstance and it's an objective improvement

this is pretty true tho

Yeah bbq sauce is also sweet but it can be pretty good, not the kind which is just sugar paste though

crepeface posted:

my friend in primary school used to eat tomatoes like an apple for a recess snack. imagine doing that with the watery garbage that you get nowadays

Have done this with baked potato, would recommend

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

mawarannahr posted:

Salazar is Destiny

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

crepeface posted:

A nice juicy tomatoe is what you want. Eating a tomatoes like an apple is ftw.

Doing that with potatoes is fun too but supposedly raw potatoes are poisonous???

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

loquacius posted:

Have done this with baked potato, would recommend

...salt? butter?

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
are you irish

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
fresh tomatoes from the garden are good.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

crepeface posted:

...salt? butter?

True potatoheads know

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i like a good tomato with mozzarella or burrata as part of a salad

mags
May 30, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
brushing up on the uyghur genocide wiki so i can debate and discuss

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

loquacius posted:

True potatoheads know

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

ketchup is good on fries, mustard is good on hot dogs

mags
May 30, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

lobster shirt posted:

ketchup is good on fries, mustard is good on hot dogs

when i was an idiot child i liked cheese and ketchup on my hotdogs, when i grew up it became mustard and dill relish

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

also true for green peppers & lots of fruit, like oranges.

when I moved to socal I discovered I actually liked a lot more stuff than I thought bc I hadn't tasted produce that wasn't grown to be eaten months later.

and now that I'm back in the midwest I end up having to pay farmers market or whole foods prices if I want stuff to taste remotely palatable when eaten raw & by itself.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

mags posted:

brushing up on the uyghur genocide wiki so i can debate and discuss

medium literacy

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

loquacius posted:

My stance of liking tomatoes when cooked but not raw is apparently fairly common, but I will willingly concede it's a baby-palate thing

that's coward thinking

if someone says you have a baby palate just accuse them of having no sense of taste so they like everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

i like to take a nice fresh tomato outta the garden and put some egg or tuna salad on it. that's a complete meal, right there