Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe

Milo and POTUS posted:

Yeah it's the real workhorse weapon in the game for me. It's so strong even half upgraded and once fully, it's basically faultless. For a double barrel at least. It's only weakness is being slightly weak without upgrades which lasts until the start of the second level, so basically the whole game it dominates.

All this boomstick talk is going to make me start up a full playthrough Cultic for like the 5th time. The pistol and rifle are so good at popping heads from the get-go that I always ignored the shotty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
The new Civvie video starts out as a look at Wrath, then becomes an intervention.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wp7MY16aAI

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Saw it a couple of days ago as a patron - I really enjoyed the parasocial "breaking kayfabe" section.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

You know things are bad when Civvie has to drop the bit.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yep, a fair review of Wrath, and yes bring me the quest for chex

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
drat, civvie is not happy with this poo poo. vibes indeed

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYWe6K3Ne-o

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

God I hope so. I've been looking forward to this for a while. I've played the demo so many times. I think I got my time to under 2 minutes, certainly 3 and that's with me picking up most of the guns.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

The Kins posted:

The new Civvie video starts out as a look at Wrath, then becomes an intervention.

The comment on this from the original Wrath dev…:smith:

Don’t get into game dev, kids

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Angryhead posted:

Saw it a couple of days ago as a patron - I really enjoyed the parasocial "breaking kayfabe" section.

i can't believe katie isn't real. i can't trust anything anymore

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

skasion posted:

You mean it isn't like the ads?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRWvfMLl4ho

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
To this day I still tell people we need to tighten up the graphics a lil bit

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

The Kins posted:

Hey he said exactly what I said about Slipgate!

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Hope he's right...

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

To this day I still tell people we need to tighten up the graphics a lil bit

Great :)

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Oh man. I was still hoping against hope they manage to do something with Graven but that looks just dire.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Mordja posted:

Hope he's right...

I still can't believe DNFE32001-likes is an actual style to mimic now.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Mordja posted:

Hope he's right...

can't say i feel inclined to randomly believe that sort of stuff given how many times people have been sold that same poo poo in regards to dumpster fires

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Mordja posted:

Hope he's right...
Mom and Dad aren't getting back together, I'm sorry to say.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

We Swear We Made It Better In The Small Handful Of Months Before It's Getting Released A Year Too Early, This Time It's True

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

skasion posted:

Wrath's good, it'd just be better with shorter levels. Admittedly I've fallen so deep into a tf2 hole that I'll never see the light again until Fallen Aces or Selaco drops, but I do intend on finishing it at some point

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I only made it a ways into the part where Civvie talks about Phantom Fury before I had to leave for work, but he was pretty down on it from what I saw. I think it’s all stuff that could be fixed. The weapons being really weak feeling was my main complaint. However with the company in shambles I have doubts that it will be fixed, and there’s a good chance it won’t even be released.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I think it isn't that impossible the final game will be better than the demo. Lots of times happen that the 'fun' is implemented in the last 2-3 months of development.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
I just can't get over how the curse of DNF is so powerful that the game that is the DNF to Ion Fury's Duke 3D seems to be destined for failure and is following the exact same script as DNF 1:1.
First as tragedy, then as farce.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

who would have thought that emulating a massive pile of poo poo would turn out bad. .

DonVincenzo
Nov 12, 2010

Super Monster
The Absolute Guardian of the Universe
Friend of All Children

Mordja posted:

Hope he's right...

It's all cool and good but I had the 3DRealms community manager try and do some damage control in one of the Discord I'm in. They can post whatever they want, the fact is we're not getting an updated Demo period. You won't sell me your product if I can't experience the supposedly, trust us, we're good bros, good changes especially considering the reception to the initial demo (and the Wrath/Graven situtation).

DonVincenzo fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Mar 19, 2024

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

The twitch stream they just did to show off Phantom Fury actually didn't look terrible! Combat at least seems like it's a bit meatier?

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Quantum of Phallus posted:

who would have thought that emulating a massive pile of poo poo would turn out bad. .

I find amusing that the guy from Sin appears, like in a nostalgic crossovers. Except, who has nostalgia for friggin' Sin?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Anyone who has nostalgia for Sin isn't thinking of the protagonist.

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

It's me, I'm the one nostalgic for Sin and John Blade and am still feeling the pain of the episodes we lost.

Also Paradox was one of the best multiplayer levels ever and I wish it got ported to other arena FPSes.

Still probably not going to buy Phantom Fury though.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I am weirdly nostalgic for Sin, specifically (1) the pistol / shotgun / smg (2) the dork that barks at you over the radio (3) "drat, a security door."

Also if you've never played it, Wages of Sin is a lot more fun and has a Gremlins 2 adjacent tone of self-ridicule

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Man I was thinking about getting Graven but Civvie is loving pissed at it

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Deakul posted:

The twitch stream they just did to show off Phantom Fury actually didn't look terrible! Combat at least seems like it's a bit meatier?

Here's said stream btw. Just skipped around a little but yes, it looks like there's actually some amount of hit reactions now.
https://twitch.tv/videos/2095448399

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

When are they gonna make some new games on the lithtech engine, huh???

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Mr. Sharps posted:

When are they gonna make some new games on the lithtech engine, huh???

Presumably the Wonder Woman game will be Lithtech?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

catlord posted:

Presumably the Wonder Woman game will be Lithtech?
Monolith finally put the Lithtech name to the sword with Shadow of War. They call their current tech set Firebird.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im dumb enough to buy it, thats the key thing.

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.
I started playing Dusk again and there is a very strong argument that it is still the best boomer shooter to came out in the half decade or so since its release.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

side_burned posted:

I started playing Dusk again and there is a very strong argument that it is still the best boomer shooter to came out in the half decade or so since its release.

easily. it's top tier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
Is the HD update good or does it ruin the vibe?