Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Wake up Eric!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FungiCap
Jul 23, 2007

Let's all just calm down and put on our thinking caps.
I want to 100% achievement the game this time around but it would require me to do a joja mart run :(

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023

Guigui posted:

Not sure if this was mentioned earlier in the thread, but I happened to come across this really nice compilation of soft piano / jazz remix of Stardew Valley themes on Bandcamp. (Apologies if it was in this thread). Currently listening to it now while doing research at work....

https://scarletmoonrecords.bandcamp.com/album/prescription-for-sleep-stardew-valley

There's also some Lo-Fi chill music from DJ Cutman (although I don't know if this youtube site is the correct one - I hate linking to reuploads) that remixes the original Stardew Valley themes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEPUhesWICA

Lastly, there's some nice piano-only music from Pally

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEoaHiVNNS4

(There are also individual tracks on ocremix.org, but I find they can be a bit of hit-and-miss depending on the style you like to listen to. It can be a bit jarring to go from one song which is a violin solo, to something Skrillex would have composed).

The stardew and chill one is also a music displaced. I used it on my last play through. There are some holes where it defaults back to the original but it’s nice.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

FungiCap posted:

I want to 100% achievement the game this time around but it would require me to do a joja mart run :(

Do the joja run and then delete it, consign it to non-history

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

FungiCap posted:

Unless he nerfs Journey of the Prairie King, I’ll never get all the achievements.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Cartoon Man posted:

Unless he nerfs Journey of the Prairie King, I’ll never get all the achievements.

Same.

Are the mods that say their compatibility is "1.5.5 and later" going to work when 1.6 launches? I downloaded the NPC finder, Lookup Anything, and Automate just now, but it looks like their latest versions are all from months ago.

Sorry if these are dumb questions I've never modded this game before but this QoL stuff is too good to pass up.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Many will be compatible https://smapi.io/mods

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
All three of those mods have a beta version for 1.6 already available. If you're getting them off nexus, just scroll down in the downloads section.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

NPC Locations already has a 1.6 update locked and loaded, according to the release notes.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dr. Stab posted:

All three of those mods have a beta version for 1.6 already available. If you're getting them off nexus, just scroll down in the downloads section.

They say they need the alpha version of smapi when I looked, will they work on the current version too

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
The old version of SMAPI won't work with 1.6. Not sure about backwards compatibility with SMAPI 4.0 and Stardew 1.5.

Right now, SMAPI 4.0 and all the 1.6 alpha mods are for people with beta access (mod authors, mostly). That all changes within the next few hours, though.

e: I was assuming you were prepping for 1.6, not trying to play 1.5 currently.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Zorro KingOfEngland posted:

Drinking mayo IRL until I can drink mayo virtually

Ah, Pregaming.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dr. Stab posted:

e: I was assuming you were prepping for 1.6, not trying to play 1.5 currently.

I am! I just tend not to download alpha/beta mods because I had one corrupt a bunch of files.

I'll just redownload everything once they go "live" for 1.6 then I suppose. Not that big a deal, I think the smapi instructions said that I can just install it over the old one and it works as an update?

Zorro KingOfEngland
May 7, 2008

I'm a big fan of immersion (immersion blenders, aka the easiest way to make homemade mayo)

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

IcePhoenix posted:

I am! I just tend not to download alpha/beta mods because I had one corrupt a bunch of files.

I'll just redownload everything once they go "live" for 1.6 then I suppose. Not that big a deal, I think the smapi instructions said that I can just install it over the old one and it works as an update?

I believe that's correct. Though, if you don't care about maintaining mod configuration from the old version, I would do a clean install of everything Just In Case.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
So new farm? Does this mean we don't need to plant grass for our animals to eat?

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

bunnyofdoom posted:

So new farm? Does this mean we don't need to plant grass for our animals to eat?

it hasn't been specified but the wording of his tweet certainly implies as much

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

If you're unsure if a mod will work or not, check the Posts section on Nexus if the mod is there. There's usually some people posting to ask if it's ready with the author sometimes responding, other times with users saying if it still works.

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
Stardew Valley is woke now

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
You know we all need to drink the first mayo we make. It is required.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Sandy better be romancable.

Or the Dwarf.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Let me make Pam an honest woman Concerned Ape

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Let me date Kent! I know I can fix him better than Jodi!

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Pththya-lyi posted:

Wake up Eric!

ERIC YOUR GAME

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Nothing like a dinosaur mayonnaise French toast.

Filox
Oct 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Wake up, Ape, I need to download this :f5: before I have to go to work :ohdear:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Maybe he died last night and we’ll never get the update now.

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

Well he did say that if nothing goes wrong he'd push a button after he had his morning coffee. So maybe something went wrong with his morning coffee? I'm patient so I'm in no rush it's a free update he could say he's delaying it to next year and I'd be fine.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

Unclouded posted:

Well he did say that if nothing goes wrong he'd push a button after he had his morning coffee.

not enough fiber maybe

ZeeCee
Jan 6, 2023

FungiCap posted:

The only wise thing I've ever done is doing this accidentally as my first game and feeling horrible about it.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Unclouded posted:

Well he did say that if nothing goes wrong he'd push a button after he had his morning coffee. So maybe something went wrong with his morning coffee? I'm patient so I'm in no rush it's a free update he could say he's delaying it to next year and I'd be fine.

thunderspanks fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Mar 19, 2024

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

that's actually fake but someone posted it on r/stardewvalley and it was hilarious

ZeeCee
Jan 6, 2023

I hope this patch removes corn

Filox
Oct 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer
At this point, I'd settle for the full patch notes. Gotta go to work, it'd give me something to read while goofing off.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

ZeeCee posted:

but what else are you going to give Pierre at Christmas?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Mayo so he can drink it

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

thunderspanks posted:

that's actually fake but someone posted it on r/stardewvalley and it was hilarious

it's real in my heart

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

ZeeCee posted:

this patch adds a mechanic where the ferngill republic gives you money for growing corn

A Passing Feeling
Mar 18, 2009

i like to play stardew valley on the Nintendo switch

i recently got an OSTRICH

thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
https://twitter.com/ConcernedApe/status/1770147023695798722