Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Cool video about a hilariously dangerous rocket engine design.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX-0Xw6kkrc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

SimonChris posted:

The video is Patreon exclusive, but I suppose a few screenshots can't hurt:

These are the real-life emergency procedures. They had different emergency procedures for fake in-game emergiences, with a different alarm. Hope you don't get them mixed up!

If there's an "exterior acces portal" why not just make it so people can open it FROM INSIDE THE FLAMING BUILDING.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Abigail "PhilosophyTube" Thorn is going to be in Star Wars: The Acolyte.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
earbuds are dead to me ever since they started using those awful silicon tips instead of perfectly comfortable foam. I'm sure I'll find out that foam tips cause cancer or whatever but I have never felt a comfortable pair of earbuds after the change.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

DoctorWhat posted:

Abigail "PhilosophyTube" Thorn is going to be in Star Wars: The Acolyte.

I don't know what either of these are and do not wish to find out.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Luckily for you I have a very helpful flow chart

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Civvie eviscerates the new 3D Realms published product and has a brief digression into life as a character youtuber
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wp7MY16aAI

Not going to lie making up a non-character wife editor is weird (so weird that I'm inclined to believe a double fake out)

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
Much like how H. Bomber Guy's plagiarism expose ensured that video essayists now put due vigilance into crediting their sources, the fate of The Dark Id has creators pulling back the curtains on make-believe friends and family.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

fez_machine posted:

Civvie eviscerates the new 3D Realms published product and has a brief digression into life as a character youtuber
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wp7MY16aAI

Not going to lie making up a non-character wife editor is weird (so weird that I'm inclined to believe a double fake out)

It has to be, right? It has to be. That always felt like an aside rather than a bit.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
Him having a government assigned editor that also torments him is a bit, yes, he does all his own editing and occasionally shows the process to patreons

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

I mean Civvie created a bunch of characters for his whole bit, another prisoner who works as an editor isn't outrageous or any weirder than two robots who bully him, cancer mouse or Ramses II.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Fil5000 posted:

I mean Civvie created a bunch of characters for his whole bit, another prisoner who works as an editor isn't outrageous or any weirder than two robots who bully him, cancer mouse or Ramses II.

This is what comes from skipping the skits, I did not know the lore and backstory.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

fez_machine posted:

This is what comes from skipping the skits, I did not know the lore and backstory.

I wouldn't worry too much, he's dropped a lot of it these days. The alternate timeline has had almost no impact.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

Skippy McPants posted:

True Detective also had the decency to tell a completely self-contained story in S1, so you can go back and enjoy that all on its own. Not so much with Westworld.

I only saw the first season of Westworld, but it was before there was a second one and I thought it worked perfectly well by itself. They could've just made it one season like the Watchmen show.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Disney should turn the starcruiser into an alien ship ride where everyone gets picked off one by one by an alien and when they do they get a cool alien costume and do the same

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
One of the final quality frontpage articles I remember is the one making fun of Westworld:

https://www.somethingawful.com/news/westworld-season-3/

quote:

"I have to go there. Come with me."

"I can't. I have to go over there. It's the key. Or it's the door. Or it's the valley beyond. I remember now."

"Okay. Well, I remember the real purpose of this place."

"Okay." (Significant look)

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Zedd posted:

Philosophy Tube – A philosophy major teaches you all about philosophy so you don’t have to waste your time and money on expensive colleges.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Don't tell me about online creators in the online creator thread.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
She's sort of the Lindsey Ellis/Contrapoints 2.0 (3.0?) where her existence seems to drive everyone on both "sides" into a berserk frenzy.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Yes, exactly.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

It's really important to be entirely hostile to discussion in a discussion thread.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Did Lindsey Ellis ever get over getting trolled about Avatar: The Last Airbender? I dont blame her for not poasting or anything, it's fine.

My partner had borrowed her book from the library, and I was like, "Oh neat! It's cool seeing Transformers fanfic as a published library hardcover. It's cool seeing this in person. What a world!" not disparagingly at all! and she was halfway done with the book and all :stare:

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

you dont have to go to college to learn philosophy. you can read books. philosophers more often than not wrote books, that you can read

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

mycophobia posted:

you dont have to go to college to learn philosophy. you can read books. philosophers more often than not wrote books, that you can read

It's useful to have a context in which to discuss and extrapolate from primary texts though. Granted, you can also read contemporary analyses of primary texts, but there is value to having other breathing people competent in ideas to discuss them with.

Granted, college isn't the only place for this, but it is A place for it

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

wizard2 posted:

Did Lindsey Ellis ever get over getting trolled about Avatar: The Last Airbender? I dont blame her for not poasting or anything, it's fine.

She doesn't have much to do with social media except announcing things like projects and the birth of her second(?) kid.

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

mycophobia posted:

this is scroll-exclusionary

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Dawgstar posted:

She doesn't have much to do with social media except announcing things like projects and the birth of her second(?) kid.

She has posted a few more videos on Nebula exclusively. But yeah since Kid #2 she's gone very silent.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

philosophy tube is a step below pop philosophy also she ripped her thing off of contrapoints and is British.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i dont like contrapoints because shes insanely toxic to anyone who didnt have the exact same experience she did

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

fondly remembering her saying any trans woman whos experienced hair loss is bitter and ugly

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Dongicus posted:

philosophy tube is British.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Endorph posted:

fondly remembering her saying any trans woman whos experienced hair loss is bitter and ugly

How does someone end up like this?

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Dongicus posted:

and is British.

:stare:

who is letting these people online????

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

narcisism from getting money on the computer probably

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

i think a lot of people have ban opinions op its just that most of them dont get giant platforms

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

projecting their own bitterness outwards + getting tons of money and validation via the computer

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Endorph posted:

i dont like contrapoints because shes insanely toxic to anyone who didnt have the exact same experience she did

caveat: I have not watched any of her videos, but I feel like this tracks with the biggest cheerleader of her content I knew being someone who pitched it with "yeah she gets a lot of flak from both sides, she's just abrasive/trolling (they'd swap explanations on this point), the content is still good".

I don't talk to them anymore.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Not from a jedi

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

if people pay me thousands of dollars monthly i promise to withhold all of my opinions, good and bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

mycophobia posted:

I don't think I updated the OP since like, before she came out, so don't put too much faith into all those descriptions still being accurate. :v:

I don't know what drama might surround her, still watch her video's once in a while just not all of em any more; too many subscriptions anyway.