Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Aphrodite posted:

Is anyone who isn't Mike Commodore corroborating that?

https://twitter.com/frank_seravalli/status/1770174028969545757?t=uOpOjoV_pAFG_cFIQUp8FA&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Tragic. Anyway, back to jerking off to Matt Rempe.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Stiev Awt posted:

Tragic. Anyway, back to jerking off to Matt Rempe.

He is quite handsome

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Habibi posted:

Tell me more.

There's not like a specific incident or anything it's just something you could tell from watching them play. There was tons of little incidents like this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/hockey/comments/5f7pny/kessel_gets_mouthy_with_crosby/

And you could kinda read between the lines because Crosby's wingers were constantly getting injured and Kessel basically never got a shot on his line (and Crosby gets basically first shot at any top-6 winger brought it - keep in mind this was before Guentzel so he had never had a skilled winger beyond like... Bill Guerin's level and they basically gave it a few games and never again). He played mostly with Malkin until the HBK line became a thing.

Maybe "hate" is too strong a word but Crosby demands a certain intensity from his linemates that Kessel doesn't have so it could well have just been a "I respect you but I don't want you on my line" kinda thing

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Chris Simon was a reprehensible rear end in a top hat and the fact he's dead doesn't change that.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Eric the Mauve posted:

Chris Simon was a reprehensible rear end in a top hat and the fact he's dead doesn't change that.

This seems a little much

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
I'll always remember him for trying to decapitate Ryan Hollweg

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

Koltsov jumped off a balcony in Miami yesterday too :smith:

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/39765524/konstantin-koltsov-death-ruled-apparent-suicide-police

chaibat
Aug 21, 2008

Levitate posted:

I was just looking for that clip.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=esETGHljQi4

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Levitate posted:

Yeah that ruled

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Ginette Reno posted:

Yeah that ruled

Hollweg was a reckless idiot but Simon was a dumb rear end in a top hat, so who's to say what is right or wrong

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Levitate posted:

Hollweg was a reckless idiot but Simon was a dumb rear end in a top hat, so who's to say what is right or wrong

Oh I'm not making a value judgment on it one or the other, I just think it's cool as heck when a guy tries to decapitate another dude on the ice

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Quoting this to balance out the suicide page

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Ginette Reno posted:

Oh I'm not making a value judgment on it one or the other, I just think it's cool as heck when a guy tries to decapitate another dude on the ice

and yet everyone was mad when Trouba tried to do it!

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Levitate posted:

and yet everyone was mad when Trouba tried to do it!

:lol:

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

morningdrew posted:

Quoting this to balance out the suicide page
Is that cause of death confirmed? I hope they check his brain for CTE.

988 is the Suicide helpline for the US and Canada BTW.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Goddamn am I happy the Devils didnt get Hellebuyck last summer.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Torts does it again!!!

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!
One thing we have learned in the last 2 weeks is that Vince Dunn is extremely good and worth his contract. The Kraken went from not very good to an absolute dumpster fire with him out injured.
Also the team has clearly quit on Hakstol now which is pretty cool.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

DancingMachine posted:

One thing we have learned in the last 2 weeks is that Vince Dunn is extremely good and worth his contract. The Kraken went from not very good to an absolute dumpster fire with him out injured.
Also the team has clearly quit on Hakstol now which is pretty cool.

Agree to disagree about Vince Dunn. He’s still overpaid by about 3m a year. They’ve been making basic mistakes in the D zone which they wouldn’t do if they had any sort of rational breakout instead of fast breaking it.

But maybe they’ll finally replace Hakstol and make my dreams come true.

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY

deoju posted:

988 is the Suicide helpline for the US and Canada BTW.
The Kings beat the Blackhawks, so I'm good for now.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I would very much like Vegas to miss the playoffs.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

I would very much like Vegas to miss the playoffs.

Yes, me too. And if they keep playing the way they’ve been I think they will.

And then Minnesota will beat Vancouver for old times sake and lose in the second round.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I would like all teams to make the playoffs, just like I would like all teams to win the Cup. Everyone deserves to be happy :)

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Twin Cinema posted:

I would like all teams to make the playoffs, just like I would like all teams to win the Cup. Everyone deserves to be happy :)

Even Chicago?

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Twin Cinema posted:

This just sounds like a Leafs fan wanting Toronto to finally win a trophy in their lifetime (for participation).

I'd just rather wait (forever) until my team wins it for real.

(and gently caress Chicago)

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Do we need to bring back sarcasm tags or something

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Powershift posted:

Even Chicago?

Only the people with love in their hearts on the team. There's only one person on this team like that. Surprisingly not the player you would think.

Jhet posted:

This just sounds like a Leafs fan wanting Toronto to finally win a trophy in their lifetime (for participation).

I'd just rather wait (forever) until my team wins it for real.

(and gently caress Chicago)

Not at all. I just don't like seeing unhappy fans. Everyone should experience the joy of winning the big one.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

Twin Cinema posted:

Only the people with love in their hearts on the team. There's only one person on this team like that. Surprisingly not the player you would think.

Nikita Zaitsev?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Spelling Mitsake posted:

Nikita Zaitsev?

Landon Slaggert

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Furnaceface posted:

Landon Slaggert

Bobson Dugnutt

San Jose are .01 away from the 4 goals against/game mark.

The only other cap era teams to make it there are the 2022-23 Ducks and the 2022-23 Blue Jackets.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Twin Cinema posted:

Not at all. I just don't like seeing unhappy fans. Everyone should experience the joy of winning the big one.

Part of what makes winning a championship so much fun is all the times you had to lose before winning it. If everyone got to have it, it would no longer feel special when compared to all the work the team did to win it.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Jhet posted:

Part of what makes winning a championship so much fun is all the times you had to lose before winning it. If everyone got to have it, it would no longer feel special when compared to all the work the team did to win it.

Okay but surely the Leafs’ bad luck protection has kicked in already

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://x.com/br_openice/status/1770262790982283496?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

NHL refs have been an embarrassment lately, theres only 6 skaters on the ice how do you miss interference this badly lol

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

The Dirty Burger posted:

https://x.com/br_openice/status/1770262790982283496?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

NHL refs have been an embarrassment lately, theres only 6 skaters on the ice how do you miss interference this badly lol

That’s not enough for interference. Gaudreau doesn’t have any right to change his lane into the Red Wings player’s slow lane. There’s nothing more than a little light contact that doesn’t take him off reacting slowly to the defensive rotation.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

NBD just playoff implications for 4+ teams

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

Twin Cinema posted:

get bent

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

The Dirty Burger posted:

NHL hasn't called interference in years

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

DeBrincat has only 23 goals this year after the start he had?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

currently remembering Tavares’ game 7 game-tying goal in 2022 being called back on a Holl pick that goes uncalled basically all the time