Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Crazy Achmed posted:

ok, but why are goldfish banned

koi are an invasive species

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Alan Smithee posted:

Why are there monorails

monorails are cool

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sq1QZB5baNw

tmesis
Jan 18, 2007

sup holmes
Megamarm

Alan Smithee posted:

Why are there monorails

instead you should be asking why don't we have more monorails

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

tmesis posted:

instead you should be asking why don't we have more monorails
i hear those things are awfully loud

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Huh, didn't know FANATICAL did book bundles as well as the usual games, no idea of any of the contents but at least some of the synopses don't seem too bad

https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-and-mix/cyberpunk-stories-build-your-own-bundle

edit: read the synopses and a few of the samples, picked up what seemed the five most promising: The Immorality Clause, HellSans, Glow, Coil, and Agent G Infiltrator. If one of them is worth sticking through for a fiver I'll be happy, after picking up 36 Streets on a whim last year and it ending up being a top-5 favourite of all time book, I'm open to experimentation.

NoneMoreNegative fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Mar 14, 2024

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I'm rewatching the original Matrix right now and its still really good.

Not sure how far I'll make it into the other movies though.....

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
like I think we all know it's diminishing returns after the first one, but you can always just load up the freeway chase from 2 and leave it at that. cuz it slaps.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Yo pwedecessow

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I do like the architect scene in the second one. I'm interested to see if it makes more sense now that I've had two decades to mull over the movies and have watched about 500 youtubes explaining it all, and also now that I'm not in college and drunk/stoned constantly

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Chris Knight posted:

like I think we all know it's diminishing returns after the first one, but you can always just load up the freeway chase from 2 and leave it at that. cuz it slaps.

2 gave us this also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lksyNJhgyyE

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Chris Knight posted:

I’m gonna do all of them I think. I haven’t seen 2 or 3 other than the first time in the theatre and I’ve never seen M4trix at all, although my understanding is that I’m not missing much.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

I have very mixed feelings about 4 because it's a very bad film, however the fact that it is bad on purpose in a meta way makes it good and funny. unfortunately it's not the good kind of bad that is also fun and enjoyable.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

M4trix is easily better than 2 or 3. the second half of it sucks but frankly it could have been even worse and I still would have liked it overall on the strength of the first act

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Truman Peyote posted:

M4trix is easily better than 2 or 3. the second half of it sucks but frankly it could have been even worse and I still would have liked it overall on the strength of the first act

Oh yeah I forgot that I quite liked the first act of 4 actually.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

4 isn’t great

But it is interesting

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
give it up, turbineailures, Homer was right
https://newatlas.com/energy/drinking-bird-toy-generator/

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7050532795726286085

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

imagine in the future rocking your electric vehicle up to the charger and it's just a massive one of these, loads of them in a row just dipping away like those old oil pumps

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

imagine in the future rocking your electric vehicle up to the charger and it's just a massive one of these, loads of them in a row just dipping away like those old oil pumps
mad max v8 flywheel spinup but it’s drinking birds

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Truman Peyote posted:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

m. emmett walsh passed away. he was deckard's boss in blade runner:

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
rip vernor vinge

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

polyester concept posted:

I have very mixed feelings about 4 because it's a very bad film, however the fact that it is bad on purpose in a meta way makes it good and funny. unfortunately it's not the good kind of bad that is also fun and enjoyable.

"Clever troll Washtschkowskis, I'm gonna finish this up later"
(and i never finished it up later)

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

is it more or less bad than the end of that Matrix game where it does a 4th wall break and is like "just make up your own ending, the real matrix was the friends we made along the woah'

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

cyberpunk 2024 - the real matrix was the friends we made along the woah

:mods:

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjBRNqwDPrU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

is it more or less bad than the end of that Matrix game where it does a 4th wall break and is like "just make up your own ending, the real matrix was the friends we made along the woah'

less bad. the problem isn't the ending, it's that the entire movie falls off the rails at halfway - terrible, incomprehensible action scenes, lots of nonsensical junk about zion, really long boring exposition scenes. it's really quite surprising how terribly it functions as an action movie.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
tbf, all of their matrix lore sucked rear end and it's why two of the previous three movies were absolute dogshit too

the good one was the one where poo poo just existed and they didn't spend a lot of time explaining how or why

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

infernal machines posted:

the good one was the one where poo poo just existed and they didn't spend a lot of time explaining how or why

agreed, the movie's strength was the aesthetic and the fact that the kung fu effects and vibe it heavily borrows from was so unique at the time in America

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

At the end of the day I don't want to think too hard about any of this, I want to see a woman jump up and then time freeze and we rotate around 180 degrees and a cop gets kicked in the face

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

infernal machines posted:

Lol, applies to every single Keanu franchise.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ADINSX posted:

At the end of the day I don't want to think too hard about any of this, I want to see a woman jump up and then time freeze and we rotate around 180 degrees and a cop gets kicked in the face

you do get a little of that in the fourth one.

i think with resurrections it's also worth keeping in mind that lana had just lost several people important to her and bringing back a couple of characters she felt connected to and collaborating with people she liked again was very helpful to her personally. i suppose it's fair to question if screenplays and storyboards would have been enough but i'm willing to extend the benefit of the doubt here.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I genuinely hope that making a series of extremely high profile, very expensive flops doesn’t hurt the watchowskis ability to make future movies, because even if I don’t love all of their movies, I love that they’re putting the work in to tell these kind of stories.

although, thinking about it, the second and third matrix movies probably weren’t financial flops, they just didn’t live up to the original

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

more matrices where it's no longer an epic struggle of mankind vs machine but a hijinks fueled odd couple coexistence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Beve Stuscemi posted:

I genuinely hope that making a series of extremely high profile, very expensive flops doesn’t hurt the watchowskis ability to make future movies, because even if I don’t love all of their movies, I love that they’re putting the work in to tell these kind of stories.

although, thinking about it, the second and third matrix movies probably weren’t financial flops, they just didn’t live up to the original
i love that they make a lot of original properties

say what you will about sense8 and jupiter ascending, they werent marvel universe film #28 or a ghosbusters re-re-reboot