Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Amy Pole Her posted:

I swear I remember you or another raiders fan posting tweets or proof of this before but I’m drawing blanks. Hes the dude who had multiple gifs of just not even trying to block edge rushers right?

Yes definitely. I wasn't the guy with proof but this dude would just basically allow people to run right past him and not give a single gently caress.

I understand if you're unhappy somewhere (don't sign a huge free agent deal to go there if that's the case) or you're making a business decision on not getting injured but it was particularly egregious in his case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
https://twitter.com/BuffaloBillsPR/status/1770182278351651281
The Johnson re-sign had been known about for a few days, but I believe the Toohill hadn't been leaked before the official press release.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1770191366443741269?t=y3UAKrvdMOB2ZAZ47oCI3g&s=19

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I am so tired of seeing “another weapon for $shittyQB” every time a WR is signed somewhere

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
They have to do it but it would be funny if one time he posted “well they had to sign someone “ but alas they are professional

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I am so tired of seeing “another weapon for $shittyQB” every time a WR is signed somewhere

Joey Harrington can't hurt you anymore

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I really liked playing as $shittyQB on Tecmo Bowl.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
Does he moonlight as an OL?

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

16 years of Steve Smith = 81M
3 years of Jerry Jeudy = up to 58M

WR contracts have gotten crazy

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1770169655954423980?t=Kw4tKN_nTncgavigYJVEZw&s=19

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/Ravens/status/1770207483388113096?t=LfsCvRmvu2nThUaDoGU-sQ&s=19

hell yeah, we're back spamming corner blitz on every important down

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Bucs legend heads to Carolina

https://twitter.com/Panthers/status/1770228473417650272?t=F_leRHgTRaoZHPMzsNewrA&s=19

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

30 years ago, Anthony Miller and Mike Pritchard were "weapons" for Elway, according to Denver media. The Broncos went 7-9 and fired Wade Phillips.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I don't know much about this dude but I'm assuming JAG who knows the canales system.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

mcmagic posted:

HOW DO TEAMS THIS loving STUPID WIN MORE THAN MY TEAM

This is a truly fantastic post

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

kalensc posted:

This is a truly fantastic post

Feels like a perfect thread title if it's not too long tbh

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

Contracts should be reported in % of the cap.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Silly Burrito posted:

I really liked playing as $shittyQB on Tecmo Bowl.

You can just say Steve Grogan.

I could narrowly get the Pats to the playoffs with him but I don't remember if I was ever able to win a playoff game.

He was a decent deep threat on the Seahawks for a minute. I think teams just forgot he existed and he'd occasionally break a big one.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Quiet Feet posted:

I could narrowly get the Pats to the playoffs with him but I don't remember if I was ever able to win a playoff game.

You just chuck it deep to Marv Cook and hope Grogan throws a jump ball. If not it's an armpunt but it's not like you're moving the ball any other way in the playoffs anyway.

Almost as challenging is Brister because with his super high Passing Speed and super low everything else he throws low line drives all over the place, plus the Steelers have no receivers even as good as Marv Cook. But at least you get to use RodGod on defense.

Eric the Mauve fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Mar 20, 2024

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Quiet Feet posted:

You can just say Steve Grogan.

Eric the Mauve posted:

You just chuck it deep to Marv Cook and hope Grogan throws a jump ball. If not it's an armpunt but it's not like you're moving the ball any other way in the playoffs anyway.

Almost as challenging is Brister because with his super high Passing Speed and super low everything else he throws low line drives all over the place, plus the Steelers have no receivers even as good as Marv Cook. But at least you get to use RodGod on defense.

Grogan should be benched for Marc Wilson, but yeah, just take some deep shots and hope for jump balls with him.

With Brister (Or the similarly rated Billy Joe Tolliver of the Chargers), it’s actually fairly easy to have an effective passing game, you just need to throw it short, since the high passing speed has everything at a low trajectory and makes them more susceptible to getting picked by guys underneath. The best are plays that spread the field both vertically and horizontally, where they’ll give you something short where you can roll slightly and not have anyone between you and the receiver, particularly two of the Shotgun passes (X Drive and Z S-In). Some of the Run and Shoot plays, like Flare C and Z Fly, work really well too, as does the classic Pro T Flare D. Bigger issue for Pittsburgh is IIRC they just have now speed at any skill spots, so it’s an utter grind to do anything offensively.

The worst QBs in the game to me are probably Jim Harbaugh and Jeff George. Both have just enough pass speed to give them flatter trajectories, but horribly low pass control ratings that makes them more likely to get picked if there is any defender underneath, and they don’t have the cannon arms that Tolliver and Brister have which make quick check downs work. Grogan’s super low pass speed actually makes him slightly better since his stuff ends up as rainbows that go over everyone’s head, and makes him occasionally effective at deep balls.

:thurman:

fartknocker fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Mar 20, 2024

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

god dammit

his middle names is JAMES

Panthers twitter missed the chance to do the funniest thing ever. D.J. Moore returns to Carolina.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

fartknocker posted:

Grogan should be benched for Marc Wilson, but yeah, just take some deep shots and hope for jump balls with him.

With Brister (Or the similarly rated Billy Joe Tolliver of the Chargers), it’s actually fairly easy to have an effective passing game, you just need to throw it short, since the high passing speed has everything at a low trajectory and makes them more susceptible to getting picked by guys underneath. The best are plays that spread the field both vertically and horizontally, where they’ll give you something short where you can roll slightly and not have anyone between you and the receiver, particularly two of the Shotgun passes (X Drive and Z S-In). Some of the Run and Shoot plays, like Flare C and Z Fly, work really well too, as does the classic Pro T Flare D. Bigger issue for Pittsburgh is IIRC they just have now speed at any skill spots, so it’s an utter grind to do anything offensively.

The worst QBs in the game to me are probably Jim Harbaugh and Jeff George. Both have just enough pass speed to give them flatter trajectories, but horribly low pass control ratings that makes them more likely to get picked if there is any defender underneath, and they don’t have the cannon arms that Tolliver and Brister have which make quick check downs work. Grogan’s super low pass speed actually makes him slightly better since his stuff ends up as rainbows that go over everyone’s head, and makes him occasionally effective at deep balls.

:thurman:
I felt like a kid again reading this, holy gently caress it's like a time warp.

Edit: Weird that George didn't have a cannon arm in Tecmo apparently because that's really his defining trait as a QB.

Black Sunshine fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Mar 20, 2024

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Black Sunshine posted:

I felt like a kid again reading this, holy gently caress it's like a time warp

Tecmo Super Bowl still owns and I’ve sunk a lot of time into it.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/Jason_OTC/status/1770436678991126646?t=gofhEqDhN-cnMTYlIkx2IQ&s=19

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

fartknocker posted:

Tecmo Super Bowl still owns and I’ve sunk a lot of time into it.

it's still the best football game ever made

lol the Vikings throwing off the scale of the whole thing

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
My 8 year old nephew got hooked on Tecmo playing it on an emulator at my house. His last birthday I hacked him into the game as a copy of QB Eagles and it blew his mind. :3:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Wow, no void years for Chase Young.

https://twitter.com/jjones9/status/1770452499821940860?t=HZPL8-T77AxC81rn65uXuQ&s=19

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

Kid, touch is for video games and gynecologists

IcePhoenix posted:

it's still the best football game ever made

lol the Vikings throwing off the scale of the whole thing

Which is basically just Cousins and Hunter securing bags and all the money they invested back into the defense.

(Now please resign JJ)

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
So would the Falcons be in the same area as the Saints and Bucs without that Cousins contract?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Bjay9 posted:

Which is basically just Cousins and Hunter securing bags and all the money they invested back into the defense.

(Now please resign JJ)

I'd rather he signs an extension I don't want to lose him. Plus having him would help whatever rookie we bring in a ton.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Honestly, I know they reported a neck issue yesterday but that’s not bad at all for a prove it deal.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Yet.*

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Yet means he did well enough in his first year to warrant more and a new contract, so ok. :)

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Silly Burrito posted:

Yet means he did well enough in his first year to warrant more and a new contract, so ok. :)

Curious how the game bonuses work. They can't really count towards this cap because they don't know how many games he'll play. Most likely carried over to next years cap? Loomis finding more loopholes?

Edit:
https://x.com/AlbertBreer/status/1770478998394483008?s=20

wandler20 fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Mar 20, 2024

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

wandler20 posted:

Curious how the game bonuses work. They can't really count towards this cap because they don't know how many games he'll play. Most likely carried over to next years cap? Loomis finding more loopholes?

Edit:
https://x.com/AlbertBreer/status/1770478998394483008?s=20

Assuming it still works this way, but they look at how many games you played the previous season. Whatever that number is gets charged to your cap. If you play less, you get a credit for next seasons cap. More, next season cap gets charged.

Basically incentives get classified as likely to be earned or not likely. Per game bonuses can split into both categories based on previous games played.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Was that Lowe playing Right Tackle in that clip? It was thoughtful of the animators to highlight one of the Patriot Offense's many issues last year. I'm kind of happy that Trent Brown isn't on the team any more.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I'm not trying to absolve him but it looks like he could, maybe, have been expecting the RB to chip the DE -or- the QB to not take such a deep drop. Both things could still be on him but, uh, maybe it wasnt pure laziness? Oh, it was? Okay yeah thanks for taking my call, I'll go back to listening.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

It's incongruous with the detail-oriented tweet itself. Yes, we know what a wide receiver does, the quarterback throws passes to them. We can decide for ourselves how we think it will go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Bjay9 posted:

(Now please resign JJ)

*monkey paw curls* with the eleventh pick, the Vikings select JJ McCarthy